• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Kingkiller Chronicles

Destructus86

Superhero
Reaction score
So, I know there hasn't been any news on this series being made into a film and it would be very hard to do anyway, to be hoenst. But would anyone besides me love to see the attempt made?

I figure it would need to be a trilogy and a few bits may need to be cut out. Perhaps Kvothe's dealings with Auri. It'd be a shame to remove those scenes but they could work around them if time wouldn't allow for the scenes to be included.

Sam Raimi to Direct ‘Kingkiller Chronicles’ for Lionsgate and Lin-Manuel Miranda

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/sam-raimi-kingkiller-chronicles-lionsgate-and-lin-manuel-miranda-1202678969/
Sam Raimi is in negotiations to direct Lionsgate’s adaptation of “The Kingkiller Chronicles,” based on Pat Rothfuss’ classic novels.

In 2016, Lionsgate tapped “Hamilton” star and creator Lin-Manuel Miranda to serve as creative producer and musical mastermind of the feature film and TV series adaptations of “The Kingkiller Chronicle,” along with Rothfuss. Miranda has the option to be involved in future stage productions as well.

Lionsgate had no comment on the Raimi news.

The film’s script is being penned by Lindsey Beer, who served as a writer on “Transformers: The Last Knight.” It will be based on the first book in Rothfuss’ series, “The Name of the Wind.”

The series is centered on the wizard Kvothe, who survives a tragic childhood to become a notorious household name. “The Kingkiller Chronicle” series of books and novellas has sold 10 million copies, and the first two books — “The Name of the Wind” and “The Wise Man’s Fear” — were New York Times bestsellers.

Raimi has been weighing several projects currently in development, including the Skydance pic “Bermuda Triangle,” but sources say this film is in the best position to be his next project.

Oh, **** yes. I was just saying how much I miss Raimi.

I’m interested in this, but I’m not sure if Raimi is the right one to handle the tone.

To be honest though, I’m not big on making a film of these novels. To date, most agree LOTR is the best novel to film adaptation out there. But LOTR is just over 1000pages total, split into three 3 hour films. And even then some complained about what was left out.

The KKC books are 700 and 1100 pages respectively. The second book is about the same length as the entire LOTR tale, and we’re going to squeeze that into a 2 hour film? 3 hours if we’re lucky?

I just don’t see that as being a good option, especially when shows like GOT and Outlander have proven that short series can adapt the complexities of long novels much more effectively. I would prefer the Kvothe story be the one that’s adaptated as a series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"