The Lady In The Water... Nicole Kidman Is Queen Atlanna

She looked god damn beautiful, interestingly she is kind of part of the reason my friend didn't enjoy it.

No fault of Kidman, my friend just wasn't a big fan of Heard (she didn't rate her acting at all) and said her short comings were much more evident when you had a scene with Kidman who's obviously great.

If anythin Atlanna is the tragic heroine of this film

nicole kidman looked way too young to be aquaman's mother.........

can't blame NK....cos she is really hot with her long hair and all.

nicole kidman looked way too young to be aquaman's mother.........

can't blame NK....cos she is really hot with her long hair and all.

Yeah they probably should have gone with someone older in the role that could actually pass for being Jason's mother but it doesn't matter because Nicole Kidman is actually great as Atlanna anyway

Nicole Kidman is a GODESS pure and simple. She looked so damn gorgeous in this film, and I just loved how she exerted ferocity and elegance everytime she was on screen.

Top casting obviously and it’s great that she didn’t phone it in and we got top quality Nicole here.

her fight scene in the house is probably the coolest thing I ever see her do on film to date
tumblr_pige1jbAHs1qgfbkmo4_500.gif

Yeah, great way to kick things off.

her fight scene in the house is probably the coolest thing I ever see her do on film to date

Smacking Alexander Skarsgard's penis with a tennis racket wins for me, but's that's TV so yeah, Atlanna fight wins movie-wise :)

Yay they gave Nicole something to do beyond look saintly! Loved her in this! Totally bought the love story and loved how bad ass she is.

now that she’s back though doesn’t this mean the throne rightfully belongs to her?

Yay they gave Nicole something to do beyond look saintly! Loved her in this! Totally bought the love story and loved how bad ass she is.

now that she’s back though doesn’t this mean the throne rightfully belongs to her?

yep, her scenes were pretty cool

Plus I didn't expect this kickass fight scene from Nicole/Atlanna (shout out to her stunt woman obviously) and so early in the beginning no less. But Nicole was convincing because she does have the tall stature to be believable.

The thing is Atlanna's action scene at the start set the tone for all that came after. I don't think Wan is actually getting enough credit for how dynamic his action set pieces really were.

Just rewatched Aquaman, and I agree Wan's dynamic/varied action/fight scenes and camera work are top notch impressive; he uses long cuts, mostly wide frames and steady slick cam so you can easily follow the fight sequences.

While I do like most of the fight choreography in The Russos 1 & a half Captain America movies and A:IW movie, I'm afraid when they use shaky cam, weird angles, close frames, and quick cuts it's horribly nauseating and at times the fight scenes are hard to follow.

I really love how Nicole and her stunt double are seamless in this scene.

Just rewatched Aquaman, and I agree Wan's dynamic/varied action/fight scenes and camera work are top notch impressive; he uses long cuts, mostly wide frames and steady slick cam so you can easily follow the fight sequences.

While I do like most of the fight choreography in The Russos 1 & a half Captain America movies and A:IW movie, I'm afraid when they use shaky cam, weird angles, close frames, and quick cuts it's horribly nauseating and at times the fight scenes are hard to follow.

I really love how Nicole and her stunt double are seamless in this scene.

Speaking of fight scenes, this scene of Atlantean guards chasing Mera on rooftops was done on location. They had to build entire set to recreate a part of Sicily for that purpose, just amazing behind the scenes look.

Yes, I've seen that ages ago. I love that Sicily scene too (no shaky cam, fast edits, etc.). I love how the stunt doubles really resemble Amber and Jason in physique, movements, and height where it's all seamless. My pet peeve is when it's very obvious that the stunts are not being performed by the actors/actresses e.g. MCU's black widow.

Also Mera smashing the wine bottles looked so cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"