The Last Kingdom

Uthred son of Uthred son of Uthred !

The guy is as dumb as he is good with a sword, he was all pissed over Odda claiming the victory and made a scene in the Church when his warrior friend told him exactly what would happen if he didn't go see Alfred first.
The scene where Odda the Elder tells his son to shut up was priceless.
The duel with Abba was short but effective.

I binge watched the five first episodes and absolutely fell in love with this show. Great production value, good theme song, interesting battle scenarios and good main cast.

The duel with Abba was short but effective.

This was my favourite scene, and kind of bitter sweet. It's always nice to see a villain get their just deserts, but Abba was such a good villain I'm going to miss his presence on the show. I really liked when Uthred placed the axe into Abba's hand, that was a great touch. I also loved the image immediately afterward, where the shields all came out of the darkness behind Uthred -really cool how we see the circular stubs first, then the sea of men rushing forward.

I like Odda a lot too, I was really glad he decided to keep his word. Shame he got bopped on the noggin, if he dies there will be no one to reign in his skeevy kid.

Uthred's temper consistently gets the better of him, it's a fun character trait. So much drama is created from him acting on impulse, when if he'd just stop and think for a moment the man's life would be a lot easier. His inability to follow sound advice adds greatly to this as well. "I cannot save you..."

And that final scene, damn! Uthred looks like a bit of pretty-boy but he's a nasty bastard when he wants to be.

Uthred's impulsiveness is what saved him from death when he came up against the Vikings as a child. His hothead ways were encouraged by the the Danes.

Uthred is trapped between two worlds.

Uthred's impulsiveness is what saved him from death when he came up against the Vikings as a child. His hothead ways were encouraged by the the Danes.

Uthred is trapped between two worlds.

Good point! If it's benefited Uthred most of his life, why would he stop now? He a lot to learn!

This was my favourite scene, and kind of bitter sweet. It's always nice to see a villain get their just deserts, but Abba was such a good villain I'm going to miss his presence on the show. I really liked when Uthred placed the axe into Abba's hand, that was a great touch. I also loved the image immediately afterward, where the shields all came out of the darkness behind Uthred -really cool how we see the circular stubs first, then the sea of men rushing forward.

Uthred's temper consistently gets the better of him, it's a fun character trait. So much drama is created from him acting on impulse, when if he'd just stop and think for a moment the man's life would be a lot easier. His inability to follow sound advice adds greatly to this as well. "I cannot save you..."

Agreed, the feudal respect of Uthred for the Lords, them being English or Danes adds to the likability of the character.
The shields in the night maneuver scene was indeed cool.
Last bolded sentence : yeah, totally. That's one of the reasons the show works for me.

The latest episode was the best one yet!

The latest episode was the best one yet!

I agree! I came here specifically to rave about how good it was!

Loved the Warlord Scorpa, I hope he returns. Having them turn on the weaselly king was such a fun scene. Uthred's scheme to lift the debt was good, and so was how quickly it all fell apart!

I'm not so sure the Shadow Queen should trust Uthred's commitment, she's his 3rd girlfriend is 6 episodes.

This latest episode showed Uthred making his dumbest mistake yet.

I wish this was on cable so they could show some more T&A. :)

I really like the show. I've read most of the books the series is based odd of and I see they changed a few things but they mostly stay with the basic story framework.

I saw good reviews this show, everybody talking about how this serie is incredible.
I will give a chance and in the future i will leave my impressions here, to discussing with yours.

I watched ep6 ( I think I fell asleep last week watching it ) and ep7 this week end.
Well, well, well, Uthred son of Uthred found a new future ex wife but with useful skills and a pretty face and managed to secure his station ( position ? ) with Alfred. Not bad after his "feat" in ep6 :)
How is he called in the book ? Uthred of a 100 wives ? Uthred the unmarried ?

Uthred's cunning plan this week was a success.

Uthred trolling father Beocca was amusing.

I think Uthred's baby will die. A life for a life. Uthred doesn't seem that concerned for his kid since his wife baptised the baby.

Aethelwold tried to pull a fast one.

Things are back on the up for the Arseling

Last edited:
I also think it will be uthred's son, or maybe Ragnar will have a son that dies.

I'm on the ep where Uthred was made to crawl with that other guy up to the King and cross. Sucks that that other dukee got all the credit for Uthred's victory; seeing as how he wanted to abandon him while he was lighting the fires... :cmad:

Yeah, the repentance walk was nice. Funny how Aethelwold was almost glad because he knew the drill and could show his ( beggar ) skill to Uthred ( son of Uthred ).

Seeing Odda the Younger finally be killed was so satisfying. I was surprised by Skorpa's death. I though he would of stuck around as an antagonist into the next season

So long Leofric. I'm going to miss his bromance with Uthred.

Uthred going Berserker and taking out the Viking front line almost by himself was cool

I felt bad for Mildrith. Uthred has been a dukee to her.

Beocca knows 'yo mama' jokes :woot:

There are a number of great relationships and dynamics on this show. Beocca's fatherly/mentor relationship with Uthred is one of my favourites.

Great Season. I hope this show comes back. Destiny is all!

Last edited:
@Chamber-Music : that was the last ep of the season or just a mid season break ?

@Chamber-Music : that was the last ep of the season or just a mid season break ?

Last episode of the season. It may be the last episode of the series because I heard the show was just a mini series. They left it open to do more and there are more books so it may continue.

Wonderful conclusion, hope we get a new season!

Last episode of the season. It may be the last episode of the series because I heard the show was just a mini series. They left it open to do more and there are more books so it may continue.

Damn, I hope there will be a new season.

I watched the third initial episodes and they catched me.
This serie is very awsome, the story is quickly and do not have feather for anyone.

I think that will have a second season, that's right?
Should have...

I didn't know that the serie had been based in the books. I will search them, but i hope that not happen how to Game of Thrones, lol
:whatever:

I hope there's a second season!

The Last Kingdom got better and better as it went on, and the last two episodes were intense! The final episode definitely pulled some Game of Thrones level slaughter there, damn!

I watched the finale and liked it for the most part. The final 10 minutes felt rushed however, especially with what happened with his childhood friend Frida, and co. Hope there is a second season.

They mentioned someting about his sister still being alive. I don't recall him having one; unless it was in the first ep….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"