The Last of Robin Hood - An Errol Flynn Biopic (Kevin Kline, Dakota Fanning)

Very interesting. Kline also played Douglas Fairbanks in Chaplin, an actor who also played Robin Hood and had a similar onscreen persona to Erroll Flynn.

Kevin Kline for Errol Flynn? That's spot on casting right there.

Seriously. I saw a picture of older Flynn and I almost did a double take. Kline looks so similar to him it's not even funny.

I just learned where the expression "In like Flynn" comes from. I had no idea he was a sexual deviant.

Wonder if they'll also briefly make mention to bisexuality rumors surrounding him.

Flynn's memoirs "My wicked, wicked ways" is a fun read.

Wonder if they'll also briefly make mention to bisexuality rumors surrounding him.
As well as his alleged spying for the nazis?
Interesting how an old Kline can probably pull off old Flynn. Because young Kline (as charming and charismatic as he was) wasn't athletic or good looking enough to portray young Flynn.
Anyway, good casting and interesting project

Unsure if the nazi rumors are true. But lots of guys in old Hollywood were doing each other apparently. It was commonplace among the tops, sexual pun not intended.

As well as his alleged spying for the nazis?
Interesting how an old Kline can probably pull off old Flynn. Because young Kline (as charming and charismatic as he was) wasn't athletic or good looking enough to portray young Flynn.
Anyway, good casting and interesting project

Have you ever seen him as the Pirate King in THE PIRATES OF PENZANCE?

I don't know why but this seems like a Kline Golden Globe/Oscar nom role.

Haven't heard alot of Kline in the last few years and Hollywood loves to show gifts to actors who haven't been seen in awhile(teri hatcher)

Have you ever seen him as the Pirate King in THE PIRATES OF PENZANCE?

Yes . Good point. I still think that Flynn was more athletic and couldn't imagine young Kevin Kline pulling off say Gentleman Jim for example. But I like both actors and think its great casting anyway.

Flynn was a real Tasmanian tough guy in life,especially in his younger years . After all he was discovered by Hollywood in a doc where he hunts crocodiles.:woot: I think young Kline as dashing as he was was somehow more refined and not as badass

Last edited:
I just learned where the expression "In like Flynn" comes from. I had no idea he was a sexual deviant.

No, he was like Charlie Sheen in his day. He lived hard and partied hard, especially his women.

Yea, Errol liked his women (whether or not that's all he liked is more uncertain) and his alcohol.

Kline ought to be good, especially as older Flynn.

If anyone thinks Flynn was a sexual deviant, just look at Brando lol. The one, I think, actor from that time period who - other than James Dean- was always open about it.

Though I think Kevin Kline is spot-on for an older Errol Flynn, Kline is 65 and Flynn died at 50.

I wish they would do a film that covers all of Flynn's life, not just the end.
What an incredible life!

I wish they would do a film that covers all of Flynn's life, not just the end.
What an incredible life!

It's been a long time since I saw it, but Duncan Regher played him in a tv movie My Wicked, Wicked Ways: The Legend of Errol Flynn (1985)....that I believe covered a lot of his life (although I think it started after he was in Hollywood). Unfortuantly, I was only able to see it once the night it aired, so I can't recall a lot about it.

It's been a long time since I saw it, but Duncan Regher played him in a tv movie My Wicked, Wicked Ways: The Legend of Errol Flynn (1985)....that I believe covered a lot of his life (although I think it started after he was in Hollywood). Unfortuantly, I was only able to see it once the night it aired, so I can't recall a lot about it.
Cool. Thanks for the info, C.Lee:up: I will look it up.
His life pre-Hollywood was also pretty interesting. I mentioned how he was hunting crocodiles, but I believe he was also accused of killing a man at some point and defended himself in court.

I like Fanning but her being the love interest to Kline is going to be. creepy.

I like Fanning but her being the love interest to Kline is going to be. creepy.

I think that's kind of the point. Or might not be. But it was the same age difference. Seems like an oscar bait kind of film. But an interesting one with that.

I like movie biopics. One of my favorites is "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers", where Geoffrey Rush does an amazing Sellers (no small feat). Another one of course is "Chaplin", where RDJ is pretty amazing too (another big challenge), considering how famous and talented their models were.)
I hope Kline's take on Flynn is on a par with them.

I need to watch more Errol Flynn movies.

I need to watch more Errol Flynn movies.

WalMart has four packs of his and other classic stars movies on sale right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"