The LAW & ORDER Franchise (SVU-CI and Original Recipe)

Another "Ripped from the headlines" ep this week, pretty chilling stuff like the case it was based on. Next week is a 3 series crossover case with Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D. Should be good.

I don't fall for the crossovers....just trying to get ratings for them other two shows...of which I have no interests...SVU is doing its thing though.

I hope we see a the story about the two girls pop up again...

The crossover with Chicago PD was harrowing but very good and really well acted. I liked how the 2 units worked together without the pissing contest you often see when different departments work together in TV shows.

It was interesting seeing Liv interacting with Voight, she hasn't had to work with someone like him since Elliot, but I felt they played the respect angle well and while Voight is hard headed he put the kids and Liv's experience first, but damn did I want her to let him smack the **** out of just one of those sickos. :cmad:

They are so desperate to make eps about news headlines that they really outstretched themselves this week, the case should really not have required their involvement.

I also didn't get why they used Rollins as the devils advocate, especially given she killed her sisters abusive boyfriend. It was such a weird choice for her character.

Also... She's gettin' pretty sloppy with the booze. And Nick is still a man consumed by rage. The two of them together are a mess.

The SVU/CPD episodes were great, although, it was odd as hell to see Voight in Liv's world. I've become so used to seeing him walk into an interrogation room and just slap around a perp until he begins to cooperate. Now he's got Liv putting him on a leash, not only on SVU, but even in his own district.

I didn't care for that one bit. I understood what Liv was saying and why she was ultimately right, but I don't watch Chicago PD for powerful, teary-eyed monologues by Mariska Hargatay. I watch Chicago PD to see cops break a few rules and work outside of the confines of the law from time to time.

Also... She's gettin' pretty sloppy with the booze. And Nick is still a man consumed by rage. The two of them together are a mess.

The SVU/CPD episodes were great, although, it was odd as hell to see Voight in Liv's world. I've become so used to seeing him walk into an interrogation room and just slap around a perp until he begins to cooperate. Now he's got Liv putting him on a leash, not only on SVU, but even in his own district.

I didn't care for that one bit. I understood what Liv was saying and why she was ultimately right, but I don't watch Chicago PD for powerful, teary-eyed monologues by Mariska Hargatay. I watch Chicago PD to see cops break a few rules and work outside of the confines of the law from time to time.

Yeah, they are like mixing two combustible elements, I just wish the writers would be more consistent with her characterization, like they are with Nick's.

The one mistake I felt they made in the Liv/Voight dynamic was when she laid that speech on the guy in Voight's cage, he should have just sneered at her like the soulless monster he obviously was, and Liv then should have said "All yours" to Voight, thus balancing out the approaches of Saint Liv and Sinner Hank.

Also feel free to give your reasonings for each ranking.

The characters in question are:

1. Lennie Briscoe

2. Olivia Benson

3. Mike Logan

4. Elliot Stabler

5. ADA Alex Cabot

I thought I'd slightly mix with up with characters from the original show as well as SVU since, outside of Mike Logan, these guys have all appeared on the original or spin off titles at some point. In the case of Logan, he committed to Criminal Intent and The Original show when he was attached to those projects.

Anyway give your input on this AND if you have your own top 5 you'd like to discuss feel free to bring them up after ranking the above guys.

LMZ? I wonder what they're parodying. :o

This weeks was a decent case but the ending was odd, it was like they were hinting that the Leo-lite movie star was guilty of something after all.

Oh man, If they get Mike Logan and Jack McCoy back then I'm already going to be watching.

Seriously It cracked me up to see Logan's pissy responses to anything McCoy says :funny:

All that said though, it'll be weird without Lennie Briscoe

I was looking at the Law & Order wikipedia page earlier. As someone who has only witnessed the franchise from the outside, I had no idea that Jerry Orbach wasn't a part of it from the get-go.

I was looking at the Law & Order wikipedia page earlier. As someone who has only witnessed the franchise from the outside, I had no idea that Jerry Orbach wasn't a part of it from the get-go.
Yeah it was Paul Sorvino opposite Chris.

That video game episode was just......

I don't even know what to describe it as. That's was disgustingly inaccurate and kind of hilarious. Not the rape part obviously but the complete character assassination of video gamers. Awful.

I honestly did not expect it to bad THAT BAD!!!!! There are INFINITELY more ways they could have gone with it that would have been better. Use the GamerGaters as a red herring (which is what I was kinda hoping they would do, because I swore the game developer's husband was shady, and he was just a lame husband!)

Wasn't it supposed to based on some real event that happened? I was left wondering how much of said event was actually used and how much sensationalism was added by the writers.

I know it's slightly off-topic but did any of you guys at one point or another want to see Chris Noth appear as Mike Logan on SVU?

I ask that because we've got to see Logan appear on Criminal Intent for 3 years and his partner Lennie Briscoe appear in early seasons of SVU with Cragen.

Logan to me is the most interesting L and O franchise character to never appear on SVU and it's a shame because I like the vibe he brought to the shows he played in within the franchise and it's a shame he had issues with Dick Wolf and got fired before it was possible for him to appear in the SVU crossover called Entitled where McCoy, Briscoe, Benson and Stabler were all working with Cragen and then left again in 2008 for the Sex and The City movies before it had a chance of happening again when it was rumored to at the time.

Some of you guys probably didn't like him that much but after watching a lot of old L and O and Criminal Intent episode's he's become one of my favorite franchise characters and I think it would have been interesting to see how Logan interacts with Benson, Stabler, Rollins or Amaro.

I know it's slightly off-topic but did any of you guys at one point or another want to see Chris Noth appear as Mike Logan on SVU?

I ask that because we've got to see Logan appear on Criminal Intent for 3 years and his partner Lennie Briscoe appear in early seasons of SVU with Cragen.

Logan to me is the most interesting L and O franchise character to never appear on SVU and it's a shame because I like the vibe he brought to the shows he played in within the franchise and it's a shame he had issues with Dick Wolf and got fired before it was possible for him to appear in the SVU crossover called Entitled where McCoy, Briscoe, Benson and Stabler were all working with Cragen and then left again in 2008 for the Sex and The City movies before it had a chance of happening again when it was rumored to at the time.

Some of you guys probably didn't like him that much but after watching a lot of old L and O and Criminal Intent episode's he's become one of my favorite franchise characters and I think it would have been interesting to see how Logan interacts with Benson, Stabler, Rollins or Amaro.

I will admit, that would be amusing to see Benson and Logan interact.

I honestly did not expect it to bad THAT BAD!!!!! There are INFINITELY more ways they could have gone with it that would have been better. Use the GamerGaters as a red herring (which is what I was kinda hoping they would do, because I swore the game developer's husband was shady, and he was just a lame husband!)

Wasn't it supposed to based on some real event that happened? I was left wondering how much of said event was actually used and how much sensationalism was added by the writers.
99% was bs.

They essentially mixed that whole Gamergate incident with ISIS. It was ridiculous. Even the Gamergate "adaptation" was completely exaggerated seeing as nobody was raped. Bologna the whole thing.

99% was bs.

They essentially mixed that whole Gamergate incident with ISIS. It was ridiculous. Even the Gamergate "adaptation" was completely exaggerated seeing as nobody was raped. Bologna the whole thing.

I just googled gamergate, it sounds unpleasant enough on it's own to have made an episode without adding all of the other aspects.

I will admit, that would be amusing to see Benson and Logan interact.

What makes it more interesting is Benson's backstory is that she's born a product of rape and Logan was molested by a priest as a kid however, Benson herself gets so personally involved in the cases that sometimes even she starts going nuts and berating people where as Logan is more calm/collected and will at most make snide cracks during an interrogation while staying calm the whole time.

So it would be quite a dynamic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"