The leaked trailer: Anyone got around to finishing it?

I will try to do that by merging parts of the original footage with the higher quality older Venom transformation bit as seen on the 2006 Thanksgiving preview. I'll have to see if this works out at all and fluidly, otherwise the final version will be used. But as I said before I will try and see if I can get it in :cwink:.

Some of the footage has also been changed from the test videos such as the one where Spidey catches Gwen because I wanted to keep it true to the original where it's one whole shot and not two shots like I previously had. Another reason is because I wasn't quite happy with the one I used earlier.

NOTE: If this project gets a little delayed I have special plans to release it on the 1st Anniversary of the release of Spider-Man 3 in theaters. I apologize for the constant delays and I assure you guys you'll get to see it soon. I'm just busy with going to college almost the entire week, need a little time to spend with friends and family, and squeeze in some time to work on this trailer.

Don't sweat it, dude.

Looking forward to the final product. :spidey: :up:

Thanks Mister J! I am quite confident though that we may still release this trailer in March. I will be giving you guys one more little gift before then: a sample of 1/6th of the completed piece (around 30 seconds). Think of it as a little teaser.

I'll be putting it up on megaupload and sendspace as an AVI as well as on YouTube around the same time. Expect to see it this week :yay:.

All right guys I've got a little sample compiled for all of you and I've uploaded it onto sendspace and megaupload. Make sure you do have the free XviD codec available here: http://www.xvid.org/

Sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/r8c0wl

MEGAUPLOAD: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=41TJ57CL

That watermark is only going to be on this clip and is used as an anti-theft measure. I've blackened some of the video and you'll have to wait until the release of the final version to see the rest of it :cwink:.

EDIT: Now uploaded on YouTube.

[YT]3aa-bEVb_zQ[/YT]

I'm liking what I see so far. :up:

Thanks guys :yay:! I've fixed the YouTube link now though too bad their compression isn't too good.

Right now the release date is set to March/April '08 (I always set the date a little later than when I want to release it incase something ever was to come up and cause any delays).

Thanks guys :yay:! I've fixed the YouTube link now though too bad their compression isn't too good.

Right now the release date is set to March/April '08 (I always set the date a little later than when I want to release it incase something ever was to come up and cause any delays).

Looks fantastic. :up:

That's looking awesome dude!

Oh and Guyver kicks ass!!

Looks fantastic. :up:

Thank you :woot:. Glad you guys like what you've seen, I was hoping I wouldn't disappoint. And yep, Guyver is my favorite superhero of all time right behind Spidey but I think I like them both equally. It's taken me a few days to respond since I've been out of town recently.

So far I haven't been using Adobe Premiere at all because the cutting doesn't seem as precise as what I've been using from the start. Pace is definitely quicker than before although it doesn't seem that long ago that it was only the middle of January when I started this so I've only been working on it for about 2 months including breaks and what not.

The next time I do post an update it will be the final version 1 trailer (so when an extended edition comes out I can just cut some more footage here and there and replace existing ones). Once I have the set up for one trailer it's a whole lot easier to make another one and I won't have to redo everything. Until then :up:!

My latest plan was to have it out by the end of this month or at least April (I thought I had announced it earlier but my apologies if I didn't). Also thanks to JaD I just found out that there is some more footage from the official trailers I can use so I'm cutting a few seconds here and there of alternate footage to replace a couple shots I already have.

Don't worry though, the whole next week is my Spring break and tomorrow's the last day of class I have for this week so I'll be doing a lot more work than usual.

Guyver, we all want to see your finished work, but please get out and have some fun over Spring Break. :funny:

that trailer is looking good tho man, cant wait to see it

Thanks :word:. As expected, I don't think I'll be releasing it this month but next month (as I predicted). I've still got 11 days left for this month so who knows.

Meanwhile, some stupid git on typeractive rated my work in progress a 1 star out of 10. Probably didn't like the movie and/or was not bright enough to understand the idea behind a sample vid :whatever:. I know it's their opinion too but a 1/10? Dumb site and community anyway, only reason I signed up there was to get a free 4GB flash drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"