Falcon and Winter Soldier The Legacy of Steve Rogers!

The Caped Knight

Shield Avenger
Reaction score
The show is definitely touching on the impact of Steve's legacy as Captain America. It's interesting to see the various ways we're seeing how the world and America interpret Steve Rogers.

captain-america-disneyland-exhibit-1.jpg digital-blog-1-2.jpg

We're at the halfway point of the series and I can honestly say that the absence of Steve Rogers as well as his legacy is the backbone of this series and I like how it's being handled in the format of storytelling. The shield is an iconic symbol of Captain America and the Super Soldier serum is a mixture of both power and oppression from a point of view.

Even though eventually Sam will become The next version of Cap, he won't be Steve. He'll be his own man with his own unique style and system of operating the shield and the idolisium of the mantle.

Bucky will come into his own as a person. As Steve intended rather than having to be burden by living up to an impossible task. Yet I feel He'll bring honor to his best friend Steve and be of guidance to Sam in a unique way.

Yeah, I like how the gulf created by Steve’s absence feels so huge in this show with numerous characters (Walker, Sam, Bucky) struggling mentally to live up to him. Seeing what happens when someone appointed by the government fails, as well intentioned as they might have been at the start, might convince Falcon it is finally time to take up the shield that Steve chose to give to him.

How did the globe see Cap? Was he simply a prop for US military intentions or did they see him as noble and full of valor? That's what I'm curious. We know how much he means in the eyes of regular Americans but what about folks throughout Europe or Africa.

So essentially America see Steve as a legendary legacy figure. The shield is a Symbol of courage, liberty and justice.

Think about it: a great war hero who literally saved the country and the world during WWII at the cost of his life, then miraculously returns in the present day just in time to save the world again from an alien invasion and countless other threats. Damn straight Steve is viewed as a legendary figure, he's our own King Arthur. "I thought he was on the moon" even factors into that- of course there are people who don't believe he's dead. No matter the public story. . . he's died once before and yet returned in our hour of need. Nobody is ever going to be truly sure he won't do so again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"