The Legend of Zelda. The Movie?

Can we have a film of Captain N: The Game Master instead. We can get a Link cameo that way :awesome:

Wasn't Link a total *****e in that though?
Have not seen it but read something about it.

:lmao:

That would be brilliant.

iamerror_zps4d8cd17c.jpg

I would love if in a future movie Link meets a man who claims to be called Error, and Link just looks as confused as the audience in the theater and just walks away. :woot:

Wasn't Link a total *****e in that though?
Have not seen it but read something about it.

There was a Zelda cartoon where he was a jerk but he was older and nicer in Captain N

Some people here really need to use their imagination. It doesn't have to be two hours of Link spelunking and opening treasure chests. Zelda has so much more than that going for it. You have themes like destiny, loyalty, courage, etc. You've got legends, incredible locations, really cool character designs (Zoras, Gorons, etc), not to mention awesome enemies.

Really, I think it would work best if they balanced Link and Zelda as protagonists. Zelda doesn't have to be a damsel, I think that much has been established.

They can adapt elements, but it would be silly to just do one game. That just wouldn't work. They could maybe take an overall theme, but you can't turn Ocarina of Time into a movie.

they have to give link a personality he doesn't speak int he games he is just shy lol

Having read the mangas, where Link does have a personality, I have no problem with giving him one. There was one that portrayed him as rather cocky, that was actually a lot of fun.

The Ocarina of Time manga, played him as a fairly bland hero archetype.

Like this?
[YT]FPxY8lpYAUM[/YT]

lol

for me personally i would prefer link to have a clark kent personality specifically the personality henry brought

a noble young man with humility and a moral fiber but when it comes down to it he has no problem getting his hands dirty when it comes to action

Okay but if Link is going to be boring, then Zelda needs a Tetra-like personality.

Ugh, that Imagi trailer is bad. Just like their two films TMNT and Astro Boy. Their designs are always so lifeless. Glad it got canned.

i'd personally prefer it to have the animation style of legend of korra over that cgi animation
tumblr_m5j4n7TNRd1rsbmdfo1_500.gif

That's not too bad for a pitch. It is 5 years old as well.

i'd personally prefer it to have the animation style of legend of korra over that cgi animation

Agreed. Link and Zelda look ok, but Ganondorf (who doesn't even look like Ganondorf) and the soldier are weird looking. I haven't seen better in the TMNT cartoon.

Anyone else notice that Link's sword is slung on his back as if he's right-handed but he still reaches for it with his left?

Some of the games he is 16-18 at max.

I don't think he should be older than 15 personally. Somewhere between 13-15 seems the right age which is usually what I imagine him to be at. It's not too young to be silly in a movie seeing a child capable of what Link does but not too old to make him too conventional either. He's an adventerous young teenager who gets into trouble and saves Zelda. Sort of like Goonies only solo and with a lot more magic and mythical creatures.

I don't think he should be older than 15 personally. Somewhere between 13-15 seems the right age which is usually what I imagine him to be at. It's not too young to be silly in a movie seeing a child capable of what Link does but not too old to make him too conventional either. He's an adventerous young teenager who gets into trouble and saves Zelda. Sort of like Goonies only solo and with a lot more magic and mythical creatures.
16-17 will work for me.
I mean, he must be able to fight

Goonies? Nah, I rather have it more like Narnia (I guess). Link's world is medieval, not modern age.

It is medieval but I was more referring to the age of the explorers as opposed to the era.

Link was 17 in Ocarina of Time, at least his body was.

I recall reading somewhere that Zelda was 20 in Twilight Princess (a translation I believe). She certainly looked it. I believe Link was supposed to be around 17-18 in that game. Zelda does sometimes seem to be a few years older (most noticeably in Wind Waker).

Really, I wouldn't mind them doing flashbacks, or having a time skip in a movie.

But when he's taking on Ganondorf, or adult enemies, I would prefer Link to have at least hit puberty.

Just saying, it's sort of hard to respect a 7-foot something villain who loses a sword fight to a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"