? The Lewis Tan thread - Shatterstar? ?

Discussion in 'Deadpool 2' started by psylockolussus, Mar 23, 2018.

1. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

2. Sage2016 Registered

3. BlackFox Monster Hunter

I never thought I would see the day Shatterstar would make an appearance on film, loved him in X-Force 1 so no doubt its only a small part here but its still crazy to think we actually get a big screen version at least once.

4. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

I hope he's not a 1 and done. But of course this is a Fox film.

5. BlackFox Monster Hunter

Yeah Im not expecting a big part for him. I guess it depends who they plan to use in X-Force if we see him more than once.

6. Silvermoth Avenger

I hope they keep his bisexuality!

Lewis tan is so sexy

7. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

Who would be his love interest?

8. Silvermoth Avenger

I will be!

No I’m kidding, hopefully rictor. Although deadpool would be very very cool til he turns up

Gosh why is it so warm in here?

9. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

That would seriously be cool if X-Force features Deadpool, Negasonic, Yoiki and Shatterstar... that’s four LGBTQ members on one superhero team. Pretty groundbreaking if they go into that territory with Deadpool and Shatterstar (I’m assuming they won’t in this movie).

10. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

I don't want Yoiki and Negasonic in the X-Force as they aren't really staples of the X-Force in the comics. While Colossus, Psylocke, Angel and Gambit should be utilized in the Uncanny X-Men films instead of being shoehorned in this because the current X-Men films are a mess. With characters like Rictor, Warpath, Boom Boom, Siryn, Dead Girl and Marrow have yet to appear in a film or fully shine in a film. Developing in name only characters like Negasonic and made up characters like Dopinder and Yioki are waste in my opinion. They should be using this medium to showcase the important characters from the comics.

11. Sage2016 Registered

^^^ Negasonic and Dopinder are popular. Don't see them going anywhere. NTW is a replacement for Cannonball anyways.

12. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

Anyone could be popular if they're written well and if the actor delivered.

13. Sage2016 Registered

Then what's the problem?

14. Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah plus it’s not like we’re going to run out of xmen movies

15. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

Have you seen how properly developed characters like Psylocke, Angel, Bishop, Rogue, Iceman, Gambit, Emma, Jubilee are in the movies. That's X-Men though. But for Deadpool movies, they coukd have definitely chosen other characters to be a supporting character and get more eXposure outside of the comics. Negasonic is in name only while Dopinder is a nobody.

16. Sage2016 Registered

They got permission to change her. And I'm not interested in development of characters in movies. I go to be entertained, not see 30 characters get 40 years of back story in 2 hours. I'm just grateful we get to see these characters at all.

17. TheVileOne Registered

To me these movies are more about showcasing Deadpool than other characters. Plus, I thought Negasonic was a cool character in the first film. And we got Colossus as well.

18. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

Yeah, the first film gave us the only Colossus who has even been worth a crap on film. I don't ever need to see Daniel Cudmore again.

19. kasjan Registered

Meh.
    Shatterstar is blond hair Cosmic, not Asian.

20. Silvermoth Avenger

He’s also just a drawing but this is an adaption and changes happen. It’s really not that big a deal that he’s Asian this time.

I heard they didn’t even get a real god to play Thor!

21. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

Not only that, but they've cast multiple humans to play Superman! I refuse to see another DC film until they cast a Kryptionian actor in the role.

22. Silvermoth Avenger

Oh well that’s just a disgrace. We should blow up a planet so that whoever flies out of it and lands here might be a good superman candidate

23. Thorne Registered

Longtime Shatterstar fan, and I'm glad they hired someone with real martial arts skills to play him. If you watch Lewis Tan's scene on Iron Fist you can see the difference between an actor who can integrate fully into a fight scene and someone who needs a lot of editing and doubling to make anything work. While I hope they go forward with some of these X-Force characters (seems like they might be setting up for a spin-off franchise), but mostly I just hope they do what's best for the movie.

24. random_havoc The Golden Guardian

Don't care about the race change with him, I just think be looks really bad. Cheap looking costume and wig to me, which is surprising when everything else looks so good.

The race change of domino bothers me though, seeing as how she literally looked like a domino in the comics with a black dot on literally white skin which made sense with her name, now they made her a black woman with what I'm guessing they'll say is a skin condition to explain the white skin

25. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

He had a bad wig day! Lmao Fox, if its not the Fantastic Four or the X-Men, its Deadpool getting a bad wig like cmon. This is a blockbuster film.