The Greatest Criminal Mind of Our Time: Nicholas Hoult IS Lex Luthor

Corey Stoll would still be my pick but for a 2nd choice for Luthor, I would go with Michael Fassbender

Lex Luthor is born with a rare disease but a high intellect. He is given up for adoption at a young age.

As the story unfolds, we see Lex Luthor's journey from being a young orphan boy who was adopted and raised by a cold, wealthy couple, to becoming a wealthy and powerful businessman in Metropolis City. However, his life has been plagued by a rare and debilitating disease, which he has been tirelessly working on finding a cure for.

When Superman arrives in Metropolis City, Lex Luthor becomes fixated on him, believing that the Man of Steel may hold the key to curing his disease. He becomes obsessed with studying Superman's powers, and even goes as far as developing a weapon to try to take him down in order to capture and study him.

As Lex Luthor's obsession with Superman grows, he becomes increasingly unstable and his actions start to threaten the safety of Metropolis City. Meanwhile, Superman becomes increasingly concerned with Luthor's actions, and begins to investigate him.

Through a series of intense confrontations, it becomes clear that Luthor's illness has driven him to the brink of madness, and he is willing to risk everything to find a cure. Ultimately, Superman must find a way to stop Luthor from harming the people of Metropolis City, while also finding a way to help Luthor overcome his disease and his obsession with Superman.

The film would explore themes of obsession, power, and the lengths people will go to in order to achieve their goals. It would also offer a new perspective on the classic Superman/Lex Luthor dynamic, showing the human side of one of Superman's most iconic villains.

Ok here’s an intriguing choice that I think would interesting get people talking about the movie

Tom Cruise

Lex Luthor is born with a rare disease but a high intellect. He is given up for adoption at a young age.

As the story unfolds, we see Lex Luthor's journey from being a young orphan boy who was adopted and raised by a cold, wealthy couple, to becoming a wealthy and powerful businessman in Metropolis City. However, his life has been plagued by a rare and debilitating disease, which he has been tirelessly working on finding a cure for.

When Superman arrives in Metropolis City, Lex Luthor becomes fixated on him, believing that the Man of Steel may hold the key to curing his disease. He becomes obsessed with studying Superman's powers, and even goes as far as developing a weapon to try to take him down in order to capture and study him.

As Lex Luthor's obsession with Superman grows, he becomes increasingly unstable and his actions start to threaten the safety of Metropolis City. Meanwhile, Superman becomes increasingly concerned with Luthor's actions, and begins to investigate him.

Through a series of intense confrontations, it becomes clear that Luthor's illness has driven him to the brink of madness, and he is willing to risk everything to find a cure. Ultimately, Superman must find a way to stop Luthor from harming the people of Metropolis City, while also finding a way to help Luthor overcome his disease and his obsession with Superman.

The film would explore themes of obsession, power, and the lengths people will go to in order to achieve their goals. It would also offer a new perspective on the classic Superman/Lex Luthor dynamic, showing the human side of one of Superman's most iconic villains.

Yes! I like this idea very much.

What about Jeremy Strong?

Succession-2.jpg

I think this is definitely a great time for a shared universe Lex. Like, of course he would make something called the Injustice League. Of course, no matter what evil sh*t he gets up to he would always see himself as the wronged party and would get a team of villains together to correct what he sees as an “injustice”

Alright, that’s three TV Luthors in a row with beards. I don’t particularly mind it, but I’m really hoping Gunn’s Luthor is clean shaven.

Yes to Luthor facial hair if it looks like this

Rewatching House of Cards season 1. Corey Stoll is just too good lol

Hopefully his MCU involvement doesn’t keep him out of the running; I’d much rather than see him as Luthor than see Darren Cross again.

GettyImages-1463655660-H-2023.jpg

Rewatching House of Cards season 1. Corey Stoll is just too good lol

Hopefully his MCU involvement doesn’t keep him out of the running; I’d much rather than see him as Luthor than see Darren Cross again.

GettyImages-1463655660-H-2023.jpg
He's M.O.D.O.K. now.

Yeah and I think he’s been typecast as a smarmy businessman now. It wouldn’t be enough of a draw to see him in the role nor would it be good for him professionally

What about Jeremy Strong?

Succession-2.jpg
His residual sad-boy energy from Succession makes it hard for me to picture him being commanding enough for Lex, but I do appreciate an outside-the-box candidate, considering how this thread seems to be going.

I think Gunn needs to do what Donner did
( at the time ) have A-list, well know actors, in supporting roles.
Jude Law as jor-el
Denzel Washington as perry
Kurt Russell as Jonathan.
Not necessarily those actors, but have names just as big.

Getting Marlon Brando and Glen Ford back then would be comparable to getting Tom cruise and Daniel day Lewis today.

Yeah. And hopefully no one too boring and predictable. I always feel like falling asleep when people want Benedict cumberbatch for brainiac

Something tells me that Superman Legacy could be inspired in a certain way by Smallville TV Show since James Gunn DCU Superman is a Young Superman maybe James Gunn DCU Clark Kent was a friend of Lex Luthor just as happened in Smallville i could be wrong but thas how i feel about Superman Legacy for now

Gunn never actually said he'd be a "young" superman he only said younger than 40.

BuT HoW dO yOu MakE LuTHoR ReLeVanT to toDaY??!??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"