The "Little Things" You Appreciated/Loved Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Zod putting his hand on Faora's shoulders to comfort her; rare moment where you see that Zod is capable of doing something that isn't violence oriented.

2. For some reason, I liked how Faora and Superman greeted each other upon their first encounter; probably the only time where they saw each other on an equal basis. I also liked on how lenient Zod was with Superman upon first meeting him as opposed to being "I will kill the son of Jor-el" right away.

Am I the only one who noticed the bit in the Zod / Superman fight when they battle in the construction site???

Zod flings Superman into a sign saying, "Days without incident: 260" (I'm probably wrong on the number). Superman whacks into the sign knocking leaving only the "0" left on it!

I think I was the only person in a sold out IMAX screening that laughed at that point!

Am I the only one who noticed the bit in the Zod / Superman fight when they battle in the construction site???

Zod flings Superman into a sign saying, "Days without incident: 260" (I'm probably wrong on the number). Superman whacks into the sign knocking leaving only the "0" left on it!

I think I was the only person in a sold out IMAX screening that laughed at that point!
You are right. I totally forgot about that, but I did laugh when I saw it. Great job adding another to the list.

I loved the effects they used for 'heat-vision', looked damn scary... especially the scene during Supes/Zods fight in the office building where he just can't control it with rage... then the floor falls from under Superman, but he just floats there before flying out after Zod!
Also really loved the scene with Perry White and Steve Lombard trying to save Jenny - it showed the true heroism of ordinary men.

I saw it and laughed too! :highfive:

I didn't notice the sign gag. There was sooo much happening on screen that I was bound to miss something.

I'm pretty sure it was just a coincidence but it was very nice to see Cavil look almost the spitting image of Tom Welling when he was at the Daily Planet at the end of the movie.

Still love that bit from the trailers, with kid-Clark and the red cape, even better in the context it's in.

Most of these seem to already be mentioned, but I've started typing now. Martha's line about the suit got a smile out of me, as did the sincerity of practically all of their interactions.

I really liked the moment after crashing through the Sears where the military no longer views Superman as a threat, capped off by Col. Hardy's words. There was a real genuine sense of acceptance that played out there and Cavill did well to sell it, knowing Clark has had far too few of those moments at that point.

Generally speaking, Cavill had some really great subtleties and nonverbal communications that aided the character. The look on his face when first flying, learning about his heritage from Jor-El's visage, responding to Lois in any number of scenes, dealing with the jerk at the truck stop, etc. Just nice little nuances that helped me get that Superman vibe from him.

I agree with all of this. I loved the Martha/Clark scenes. They felt so genuine. Maybe it's because I was raised by a single mother, so I could relate to it.

Wow, I didn't even notice that! I may have to go a 3rd time to just capture these small moments.

When Zod tapped into Supe's mind in the conscious chamber in Zods pod. When Zod was explaining to Superman his plan and Superman sinking in the skulls, the way the oversatured yellow sun looked behind him and the contrast and shadow to the suite looked like Black and Silver. Reminded me of The Return of Superman for a second.

Saw the movie last night,, simply amazing!!,, it had to many good moments!,, all the movie was awesome!,, the ones I liked that I remember now:
-Pa Kent´s death, I thought they were not going to show his death in the movie, and it was too emotional, I almost got I tear in my face
-Learning to fly
-I also noticed the Christopher Reeve-Henry Cavill face, I loved it!
-All Joe-El and Pa Kent scenes
-I liked this Lois Lane, she’s the first Lois that I like
-Superman not knowing how to fight at first
-When Zod grabs Ma Kent, and Superman saves her and is punching Zod,, is the first time that Superman can punch anybody, and he simply lets it go
-The Smallville fight and Superman/Zod last fight
-Superman killing Zod and then regrets it

I like how both Jonathan Kent and Jor-El's fatherly words came to pass.

Jonathan told Clark one day he'll see his powers as a blessing: When Clark learned about his heritage and the reason he was sent, it was like a sense of relief. He found the answers he had been searching for. When he started experimenting with flight, he smiled, showing enjoyment, taking pride in his abilities. I get the sense that he didn't have that at first, which could be why he seemed inexperienced with them at certain points. Just the joy on his face, it made all of the difference. And has grinning and excitement when explaining his discovery to Martha showed this even more.

Jor-El telling him he hoped Clark would act as a bridge between Earth and Krypton: Although he possessed the abilities of the threat against the planet, the military accepted him as a friendly. And Clark choosing preserve humanity and let the final remnants of his home world perish fulfilled those words.

There were so many great scene I like from the movie but here is a few to start:

-Young Clark running with his cape and Johnathon looking up at him and seeing what he was destine for...

- Superman flying for the first time

-The smallville battle

-Krypton and it's destruction

-Johnathon telling Clark where he came from

I loved the way Superman/Lois locked eyes for a brief second when Supes saved her from the chamber's pod crashing towards Earth. A nice sense of danger and desperation played well by Cavill and Adams there.

I think was 106 days, but yes, a great little thing to have remembered. Got a few laughs in the audience. :up:

I've said before, I love the heat vision in this movie. I thought the glowing red was cool. I mean compare it to how SR handled the heat vision. In MOS, it was a very thick and visual heat vision. If I recall correctly, it had a cool sound to it too, no? I'm seeing it again tonight and will listen.

@Mister J, cool avvy haha.

Among other things, Jonathan's death hit me in the feels. :( When he raised up his hand to hold off Clark... :waa:

I've said before, I love the heat vision in this movie. I thought the glowing red was cool. I mean compare it to how SR handled the heat vision. In MOS, it was a very thick and visual heat vision. If I recall correctly, it had a cool sound to it too, no? I'm seeing it again tonight and will listen.

@Mister J, cool avvy haha.

I loved the heat vision, really liked how at low power it could be used rather precisely and hit where the eyes were looking, but at high power it seemed to just come directly out and head whichever direction their face was pointing, kinda helped to keep the heat vision from being extremely overpowered.

Plus after using it at high power, they would need a second or two to recover and that screwed Superman over at one point in the fight

1. Zod putting his hand on Faora's shoulders to comfort her; rare moment where you see that Zod is capable of doing something that isn't violence oriented.

2. For some reason, I liked how Faora and Superman greeted each other upon their first encounter; probably the only time where they saw each other on an equal basis. I also liked on how lenient Zod was with Superman upon first meeting him as opposed to being "I will kill the son of Jor-el" right away.

If you think about it, Zod isn't a bad guy in the "I want all the power" kind of way. He's really trying to restore his people. If anything it's when Superman takes everything away from him that he's no longer polite.

There was a little moment when the guy at the bar tries to push Clark out the way and he doesn't move. Then as Clark takes off his cloth you can see the guy slightly flinch :D

I loved the heat vision, really liked how at low power it could be used rather precisely and hit where the eyes were looking, but at high power it seemed to just come directly out and head whichever direction their face was pointing, kinda helped to keep the heat vision from being extremely overpowered.

Right. Good points.
The high power reminded me of Cyclop's optic blasts w/o his visor. At least how they were portrayed in Bryan Singer's X-Men. I mean that in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"