The Avengers The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1

I can certainly understand Loki at some level in Thor as he's not really evil but his actions are based in his past and in his identity. He of course doesn't handle it in a good way and goes to some very dark places with it, but I always prefer a villain that has some substance to him, like he has.

Last edited:
I don't think he was in the gray area at the end of THOR, people in the gray area don't attempt to kill an entire race and try to kill their brother out of jealousy.

No, he wasn't in the grey area at the end of Thor, but it was borne more from his madness than anything else. Also he was desperately trying to prove to Odin that he could protect Asgard from the Frost Giants, albeit by killing them all. In Avengers it would seem that Loki has fully embraced his dark side and is serving himself more than Asgard and Odin. Like I said, it's going to be interesting to see how Odin handles a less dependent, more aggressive Loki.

I wonder if we'll see any word-manipulating tricks, in Avengers less but definately in Thor 2, like using his words to manipulate and trick and hurt. I can see Tom playing that very well.

Tom Hiddleston Talks "Loki" In 'The Avengers'

At the beginning of The Avengers, he’s already the God of Mischief. He knows who he is, he knows what he wants. He doesn’t need his family anymore, he doesn’t need Odin anymore, or Thor. And he is more like the God of Menace. So rather than being a lost Asgardian prince, he’s more like an Asgardian pirate.
http://youtu.be/Nsp7NsUbFG0

tumblr_m2hdkhH7Rx1qire29o4_500.jpg

More Loki/Tom praise!:
meganphntmgrl:
Also the fact that I felt genuinely creeped out by looking at Loki and thinking “I hugged that body the other day” is a huge testament to how utterly disgusting and evil Tom Hiddleston plays him in this movie. I am paralyzed by acting awe.

Also bit from Tom (I heard this before but i cant remember where so ill just post it anyway lol)

iamthefirstavenger:
“Chris Hemsworth punched me in the face, but I asked him to do that, so I forgive him. We were doing this fight scene and Joss [Whedon] was saying, ‘Guys, I feel like it’s just really, well, it just needs to be more. I’m just not really feeling it.’ So we’re trying to do it, and I was just like, ‘Chris, just punch me!’ It was great. It looks amazing.” — Tom Hiddleston

movie spoliers
I found this record is not good by thor . "He's Adopted". which shows that, he does not see Loki as his real brother . I did not find that funny.

tumblr_m2hdkhH7Rx1qire29o4_500.jpg

More Loki/Tom praise!:
meganphntmgrl:
Also the fact that I felt genuinely creeped out by looking at Loki and thinking “I hugged that body the other day” is a huge testament to how utterly disgusting and evil Tom Hiddleston plays him in this movie. I am paralyzed by acting awe.

Also bit from Tom (I heard this before but i cant remember where so ill just post it anyway lol)

iamthefirstavenger:
“Chris Hemsworth punched me in the face, but I asked him to do that, so I forgive him. We were doing this fight scene and Joss [Whedon] was saying, ‘Guys, I feel like it’s just really, well, it just needs to be more. I’m just not really feeling it.’ So we’re trying to do it, and I was just like, ‘Chris, just punch me!’ It was great. It looks amazing.” — Tom Hiddleston

Thor punching Loki in the face, that's awesome because I love when Thor fights without Mjolnir. :woot:

^ They're so cute and brotherly haha the chemistry is fantastic!

Why can't we here in the U.S. get this movie this month? Waiting for May is just a terrible nuisance! I'm about ready to go into meltdown stage and only a Tom Hiddleston fix can stop it.

It's coming out in my country on the 24th of April. So mwahaha, I get Loki before all the other fangirls in this thread! :D >:)

Last edited:
#####################################

Last edited:
AVENGERS SPOILERS of thor and loki big SPOILERS.
I am a bit disappointed # because I found this record is not good by thor . "He's Adopted". which shows that, he does not see Loki as his real brother . I did not find that funny.

Curse you fangirls and your images of Loki!! >_<

It's coming out in my country on the 24th of April. So mwahaha, I get Loki before all the other fangirls in this thread! :D >:)

Curse you Irongirl and your lack of being a U.S. fangirl!!

I am a bit disappointed # because I found this record is not good by thor . "He's Adopted". which shows that, he does not see Loki as his real brother . I did not find that funny.

Curse you catgirl and your spoilers!!

P.S. Think of it as hate fodder for Loki to have festering inside of him for Thor 2.

Last edited:
Curse you fangirls and your images of Loki!! >_<

Curse you Irongirl and you lack of being a U.S. fangirl!!

Curse you catgirl and your spoilers!!

P.S. Think of it as hate fodder for Loki to have festering inside of him for Thor 2.
It is so sad :csad: I wanted a different end .

It is so sad :csad: I wanted a different end .

Though there might be a moment where it seems that Loki will be redeemed, I think it's only the calm before the storm with the character. Sad as it may be, Loki is a fallen angel doomed to be Asgard's bane and Avengers is just the beginning. The grief that Thor and Odin will feel when he falls from grace will be especially painful considering how much they love Loki. Loki is a tragic villain indeed. It will be interesting to see Thor's reaction to any atrocities he learns of that Loki carried out while in exile. I'm thinking what we'll see in the Avengers is just the tip of the iceberg concerning Loki's sins against the sentient beings of the cosmos. Would Thor and Odin love Loki if they learned he was a mass murderer?

Last edited:
Though there might be a moment where it seems that Loki will be redeemed, I think it's only the calm before the storm with the character. Sad as it may be, Loki is a fallen angel doomed to be Asgard's bane and Avengers is just the beginning. The grief that Thor and Odin will feel when he falls from grace will be especially painful considering how much they love Loki. Loki is a tragic villain indeed. It will be interesting to see Thor's reaction to any atrocities he learns of that Loki carried out while in exile. I'm thinking what we'll see in the Avengers is just the tip of the iceberg concerning Loki's sins against the sentient beings of the cosmos. Would Thor and Odin love Loki if they learned he was a mass murderer?
I think I was actually kind of triggered by how violently and awfully the brofeels fell apart on both sides. Loki hating Thor is an unpleasant given, but I haven’t got high hopes for Thor liking Loki much after this either.

It just like in the Thor movie
LOKI WAS NEVER SO IMPORTANT TO HIM AS HIS FRIENDS .

Loki will always be his second choice.That is the reason why he thinks his brother loves him not

Yeah, as someone that's adopted...

I really hate that they had to go there. I can understand another character saying that and "not getting it." People are kind of dense that way. But Thor? What happened to Thor yelling at Loki in their first encounter in this movie -- "you're still my brother!" :huh::doh:

Also a punch from Hemsworth? Dude probably held a little back or that would seriously hurt lol.

I really hate that they had to go there. I can understand another character saying that and "not getting it." People are kind of dense that way. But Thor? What happened to Thor yelling at Loki in their first encounter in this movie -- "you're still my brother!" :huh::doh:

Also a punch from Hemsworth? Dude probably held a little back or that would seriously hurt lol.
'I'm Disappointed in thor. I thought he's better than his friends in Asgard

Well, considering this is Loki we're talking about and 3 years have passed between Thor and Avengers...
...I'm thinking that Thor has learned a few things about Loki that have made him question his loyalty and acceptance of his adopted brother. Bear with me here, but there's an old non-Godzilla monster movie from the same studio that made the Godzilla films called War of the Gargantuas where the green evil Gargantua is into the killing and destruction of human beings and when the good, brown furred Gargantua finds out it's a huge monster smack down because the good one is appalled at the other's behavior. (If you can stand old time Japanese monster movies I highly recommend it!) I'm thinking maybe this is sort of what Whedon may be going for with Thor and Loki hence the line you speak of coming from Thor? Just put yourself in Thor's perspective and think how you'd react if you had a sibling that was a mass murderer. I'd be conflicted in the beginning but if my sibling continued to act like a monster I would want to disown them completely. In order for Thor to be the hero he must be to save Earth from Loki's violence he has to disassociate himself from Loki so his emotions don't get in the way of his sworn duty.

Last edited:
Then I'd
See him as the sibling that went bad. Not the adopted sibling that went bad.

Well, considering this is Loki we're talking about and 3 years have passed between Thor and Avengers...
...I'm thinking that Thor has learned a few things about Loki that have made him question his loyalty and acceptance of his adopted brother. Bear with me here, but there's an old non-Godzilla monster movie from the same studio that made the Godzilla films called War of the Gargantuas where the Green Evil Gargantua is into the killing and destruction of human beings and when the good, brown furred Gargantua finds out it's a huge monster smack down because the good one is appalled at the other's behavior. I'm thinking maybe this is sort of what Whedon may be going for with Thor and Loki hence the line you speak of coming from Thor? Just put yourself in Thor's perspective and think how you'd react if you had a sibling that was a mass murderer. I'd be conflicted in the beginning but if my sibling continued to act like a monster I would want to disown them completely. In order for Thor to be the hero he must be to save Earth from Loki's violence he has to disassociate himself from Loki so his emotions don't get in the way of his sworn duty.
"He's Adopted". They grew up like brothers. He thought Loki is his real brother :csad: and then he says such a ****

THE AVENGERS Interviews:

http://youtu.be/moEpo0REweU

“If anyone wants to know why Loki is such a bad guy, so menacing, and so destructive and so angry, they can sort of check back in, watch Thor and go: ‘Oh, I see’ Because he’s adopted, his whole life is a lie, he found out very late in his life that he was this monster, cast-out, left in the cold, abandoned, and then taken into his adopted family … Thor is all about Loki’s heart break and by the Avengers, the heart break is hardened in to this kind of scar, on the inside, on the outside …”

"He's Adopted". They grew up like brothers. He thought Loki is his real brother :csad: and then he says such a ****

Geez you're just not understanding any of this are you, even the biggest Loki fans understand where Thor's coming in The Avengers.

I think you guys are looking WAY to much into that line.

Thor is just thinking out loud and at odds with how someone he grew up with and cared so much for could do such horrible things. Its not some greater commentary to him not loving his brother.

I'm just reading that line as an adoptee. All depends on delivery. But it is a very low blow that in my mind even does Thor a disservice. But it's also the question of how it's handled. I mean in these family molds everything else is said, but that's one area not many would think of going to. It just doesn't sound right/real.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"