the long halloween thread.

THE J0KER

Civilian
Reaction score
AMAZING BOOK!

one of my favorite graphic novels ever.

i didn't read dark victory yet but i picked it up so I am really looking forward to seeing the story continue.

Who else didn't expect Gilda to be involved?!?!

the book points the finger at absolutely everyone, and all of the people it targeted had a motive. But Gilda was right in front of us the whole time and we never thought she would be capable of doing such things, but love makes us do crazy things i guess.

I oicked up new edition today also picked up Killing Joke special edition as well. I haven't read Dark Victory yet either.

DC's Movie Universe May Make 2019 the Year of the Batman
James Whitbrook said:
Batman & the DCEU

Bat-salt shakers at the ready, but a new rumor from the DCEU Leaks Eeddit suggests Warner Bros. will be releasing four Batman-related movies in 2019, just in time for the character’s 80th anniversary. Additionally, two animated Batman films are reportedly in development for a 2019 release date—one of which is an adaptation of The Long Halloween.

The plan for 2019 is to release four Batman related films. Gotham City Sirens around Valentine’s Day weekend, Nightwing on Memorial Day weekend, Batgirl in August and The Batman in November. The studio is doing this to celebrate the 80th Anniversary of Batman.

The thread continues to state that Deathstroke will still appear in The Batman, but is no longer the film’s main villain; director Matt Reeves is interested in telling a story focusing on Batman’s entire rogue’s gallery. Meanwhile, the same thread also suggests Deathstroke’s son Grant Wilson will be the main villain of the solo Nightwing film. Wilson will be hired by Roland “Blockbuster” Desmond to take out all rival mob bosses in Blüdhaven.

There’s much, much more at the link—including more updates on directorial positions for Suicide Squad 2, updates on the Justice League Dark movie, and even plans for 2020 and beyond. But considering this is just a big long Reddit list—a really long one—it’s best to treat it with some skepticism for now.

It's okay, not great IMO. There are elements I like but overall I give it a 7/10. Definitely prefer the follow-up Dark Victory.

Okay I've just finished rereading both The Long Halloween and Dark Victory. I stand by my 7/10 for TLH and rate DV 8.5/10. Plot I find about equal in both, but I rate the artwork and the actual writing in DV significantly higher than that in TLH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"