The Wolverine The Look of The Silver Samurai

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score

It seems very much on the cards that he will be the main villain in the movie, however I doubt he will look as in the pic above. So! Any ideas/concepts for a way to adapt his look but stay reasonably faithful?

I think they should put him in a Yakuza style suit for the majority of the movie. White/Silver motif outfitted with his katana. However, when he get's down and dirty I hope they adapt the SS armor. I think him decked out and going toe to toe with Wolverine would be pretty epic.

it would depend on the time period this is happening in.

they haven't exactly been great with continuity in these films.

I think they should put him in a Yakuza style suit for the majority of the movie. White/Silver motif outfitted with his katana. However, when he get's down and dirty I hope they adapt the SS armor. I think him decked out and going toe to toe with Wolverine would be pretty epic.

I like the idea of incorporating the motif into a Yakuza style suit as his general attire for the bulk of the movie, but I agree the showdown should see him go to his family roots. hopefully some of the Hype's artists might come up with some design possibilities to modernize the suit into something of a high-tech evolution of the traditional suit of armor.

it would depend on the time period this is happening in.

they haven't exactly been great with continuity in these films.

I think it will be set present day as opposed to in Feudal Japan.

77443-76080-silver-samurai_super.jpg

I'm not expecting an exact copy, but something close to his classic look.

I can't see him wearing armor. At least not if the movie is anything like the others in the franchise.

However a sword cane could work for a modern Yakuza-like character.

I keep thinking we may get something along the lines of Snowman from Blade II. More sleek, modern, but in a chrome finish.
Snowman.jpg

i would actually like that look but with maybe another shoulder pad on his right arm

That could work to a degree but I think he must have some sort of helmet or mask.

77443-76080-silver-samurai_super.jpg

I'm not expecting an exact copy, but something close to his classic look.
That's exactly how I want him to appear on screen.

That could work to a degree but I think he must have some sort of helmet or mask.
He definitely needs to have his helmet, but they might alter a little, much like they did with Thor, minus the helmet for most of the movie.

I think they could show Harada early in the movie doing a business deal and walking around his palacios home that has a room containing the classic suit of armor in a glass cabinet, and he explains to the person he is doing business with that it's has a mythology behind it.

He definitely needs to have his helmet, but they might alter a little, much like they did with Thor, minus the helmet for most of the movie.

They could use a tapered in version like the one shown below.

This wouldn't be a bad way to end the final battle either. :D

id rather see it ended the way he killed Mariko's father.

Silver Samurai's original armor from DAREDEVIL is a little less over-the-top in terms of how much armor he actually wears than what we normally see him in. Although there are some very 70s comic elements such as the 'buccaneer' boots that obviously wouldn't work on screen. The rising sun design on Samurai's chest from when Chris Claremont started using him regularly is essential.

Steven Chambers (whoever that may be) is designing the new Silver Samurai, I'd like to take a look at that and see if there's elements of his design that can be brought over to the film.

Steven Chambers (whoever that may be) is designing the new Silver Samurai, I'd like to take a look at that and see if there's elements of his design that can be brought over to the film.

What book will this be for?

The new Silver Samurai is being designed by Steven Sanders. The writer of the original article where 'Chambers' came from must have been mistaken. Jason Aaron talks about Sanders here:
Dave Richards @ CBR said:
"Steven [Sanders] is a guy I worked with just a little bit before. He's a good friend that lives in Kansas City, so I see him all the time. We've talked about working in the past, but it just didn't line up. I really wanted him to be involved in this, and in particular, to design the new Silver Samurai. In issue #300, we get just a glimpse of the new character and Steven's design for him. Then, in issue #301, Steven gets to draw him in action.

"All of those artists are great with gritty action scenes -- and there will be plenty of those -- but Stephen is also great at designing crazy high tech stuff," Aaron continued. "So I've thrown a lot of those elements in. This is a brand-new character that becomes the new Silver Samurai, and he's got a brand new costume and armor."
Jason Aaron Makes "Wolverine" Big in Japan - CBR

I think they could show Harada early in the movie doing a business deal and walking around his palacios home that has a room containing the classic suit of armor in a glass cabinet, and he explains to the person he is doing business with that it's has a mythology behind it.

They could use a tapered in version like the one shown below.

This wouldn't be a bad way to end the final battle either. :D

I Agree This would be a really good way to end the battle in the movie. Hehe Everytime i read those thought bubbles i always imagine Steven Blums voice narrarating. :D

Never played the game, but i thought the look was decent in X-Men THe Official Game...

thumbnailaspx-1.jpg

I'm telling you, he'll have to look like a Samurai to convince me he's a Silver Samurai. The Samurai have a very specific look and anything less is not the Samurai look.

This looks good!

But I would change the color of his clothes to White and Silver.

I thought it was funny...he's called the Silver Samurai...but thats not really silver...LOL...maybe its just funny to me...

I wonder if The Hand will be in this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"