The Man of Steel Merchandise Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea of a live action Superman fighting a giant robot army in Metropolis with Zack Snyder as director is fantastically exciting.

Also, Black Zone = Giant Spider??? That's too funny.

Black zero is not the spider like machine. But It's crazy bc i was just telling my girlfriend that the Earth One story could be part of the movie. lol! She was asking me which of my novels to read in preparation for the movie. I told her maybe Birthright, Earth One and Secret Origins would be her best bet. Now this commercial confirms that we weren't too far off on these boards... haha

Black zero is not the spider like machine. But It's crazy bc i was just telling my girlfriend that the Earth One story could be part of the movie. lol! She was asking me which of my novels to read in preparation for the movie. I told her maybe Birthright, Earth One and Secret Origins would be her best bet. Now this commercial confirms that we weren't too far off on these boards... haha

I remember when Henry Cavill brought up Earth One as part of the source material he was reading, but then acknowledged that fans thought it was a "mixed bag." Maybe he knew that elements of it were being used for the movie. And yeah it does look to be that way, but at least we'll get a Kryptonian enemy with Zod and not an alien from a neighbouring planet, who also destroyed Krypton. Which was the main thing I think that upset fans, since it changed a main part of the lore.

Huh? In the video it says the Black Zero spaceship is the tripod thing.

Huh? In the video it says the Black Zero spaceship is the tripod thing.

I don't believe it's what the voice over says it is. Black Zero in the Superman lore is a man. It's an unfinished commercial. It even has Brandon as Superman :woot:

The VO says: "Oh no! Zod has landed the Black Zero Spaceship." No other way to interpret it. lol.

It was also filmed in March 2011 before filming took place. The old movie footage is just placeholders. I fully believe that the Fortress is a ship buried under ice and that Black Zero is a prison ship most likely with robot guards that Zod turns into his army...

It's looking that way. With all the info that people on here are putting together it just makes since. Especially with it lining up with Earth One so cleanly. I guess I was holding out for the humanoid version of Black Zero but it's looking like I'm going to loose this one. However, it's still a win because I like the idea a lot.

The VO says: "Oh no! Zod has landed the Black Zero Spaceship." No other way to interpret it. lol.

And they aren't always accurate. I've seen and been apart of this type of thing. I've gone on auditions were we have to say or call a product something totally different then what it actually is. When the show or commercial has it's final cut you see that we've change to the real title of the product. It's like how they give a false name to a movie while it's in production. Like Autumn Frost.

Who really knows who or what BZ is, especially since Snyder's being so coy about Zod (and Faora) as the villain.

But BZ is probably just the prison-ship.

Why do people say the FOS is buried under ice? It looks more like embedded into something, like a mountain. And do you mean recently buried or prior to Kal-El's arrival?

I hate internet work proxy..... Hopefully I can still see the video once i get home.

Why do people say the FOS is buried under ice? It looks more like embedded into something, like a mountain. And do you mean recently buried or prior to Kal-El's arrival?

I fully believe that the Fortress is a ship buried under ice

I'm wondering that too- so Kal-El arrives in his ship and there's another ship buried under ice or a mountain in the Arctic? Or is it the same ship and Kal-El just "unlocks" it with his Kryptonian key. If it is another ship, then how did it get on Earth and what was it carrying?

I'm wondering that too- so Kal-El arrives in his ship and there's another ship buried under ice or a mountain in the Arctic? Or is it the same ship and Kal-El just "unlocks" it with his Kryptonian key. If it is another ship, then how did it get on Earth and what was it carrying?

Maybe it is the first probe ship they sent way before Jor-El sent Kal. It could be that Earth was always supposed to be their "safe house". ???

Last edited:
Who really knows who or what BZ is, especially since Snyder's being so coy about Zod (and Faora) as the villain.

But BZ is probably just the prison-ship.

I think him being coy was over blown.Snyder can't be coy about zod being the villian because he already comfirmed zod when he was first cast.This what he said about zod and shannon last year in april 2011.

snyder:“Zod is not only one of Superman’s most formidable enemies, but one of the most significant because he has insights into Superman that others don’t. Michael is a powerful actor who can project both the intelligence and the malice of the character, making him perfect for the role.”

I think him being coy was over blown.Snyder can't be coy about zod being the villian because he already comfirmed zod when he was first cast.This what he said about zod and shannon last year in april 2011.

snyder:“Zod is not only one of Superman’s most formidable enemies, but one of the most significant because he has insights into Superman that others don’t. Michael is a powerful actor who can project both the intelligence and the malice of the character, making him perfect for the role.”

Snyder was only being coy when first introducing MOS to the Comic-Con crowd. It was a deliberate thing to introduce the footage a certain way in the first big event for the movie.

I think the Fortress is a scout ship that was sent ahead with the robot assistant Kelex. That's just one man's thought though...

The FOS being an old ship that Jor-El sent to scout earth sounds great to me.

Black Zero is a prison ship that holds Zod.

The Fortress is a Scout Ship of Jor-El and contains the super suit and holographic projections of Jor-El. It is unlocked by the House of El key that Clark finds under his barn.

I wish they would give us some clue as to what the Movie Masters line will be like. We all know there will be one.

Success in adding Michael Shannon to my MoS poster in Chicago earlier today

100_1961.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"