The Man of Steel Merchandise Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colors are good, but the legs look kinda weak. It looks off when you compare the upper and lower half covering them with your hand.

Colors are good, but the legs look kinda weak. It looks off when you compare the upper and lower half covering them with your hand.

Agree. The proportions seems off.

Now, will that stop me from getting one? No.

Can't wait to see what these look like as well.....

ALSO AVAILABLE!
Man of Steel: Jor-El 1:6 Scale Iconic Statue
Man of Steel: Zod 1:6 Scale Iconic Statue
Man of Steel: Faora 1:6 Scale Iconic Statue

I just hope that wont be our first good look at Zod. A stinking toy statue.

Yeah I saw that. That's why I wanted to see it from more angles. Everything from this side looks great aside from that. Cavill's behind the scene captures have his legs bigger then how it looks in the statue. I hope it looks better from the front.

MoSM_Superman.jpg

MAN OF STEEL: SUPERMAN 1:6 SCALE ICONIC STATUE
Sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios
13.25” high x 8.5” wide x 5.75” deep.
$129.95 US • On Sale May 2013
DC COLLECTIBLES

Ok now that I'm over my "Oh crap, it's a MOS statue!", here are my none bias thoughts:

I eyes looked crossed

The face has good detail but doesn't really hit the mark of Henry's likeness.

The legs don't appear as muscular as the are in the pics we've seen of Supes in the street.

The colors, the shield, the cape, and every thing else look fantastic.

And finally, I am kinda surprised that this is our first head to toe shot of MOS suit standing up right.

Like Rust mentioned, I too hope this isn't how we get our first look at Zod.

I'm almost certain that Superman in the movie will have a second suit, a war one, like his father's one..In the japanese article under the picture, there's no mention to Jor-el..and that "superman" it's not related to the movie title, because there's also "Man of steel" there..

The article is just talking about the DC license in general that Hot Toys is doing since they don't know what the figure is either and speculate if it's Superman. Regardless if there's a second suit for Superman I doubt Hot Toys would produce that first over the standard costume.

I find it odd though that they won't show the front of the figure given they've shown off Jor-El's costume to the public which is why a small part of me thinks it could be Zod.

Also that DC Superman statue is the dogs bollocks and I'll be getting me one!

Nice statue but the head looks nothing like Cavill...or Superman for that matter. Hell, those Mattel prototype toys looked more like Cavill/Supes! I hope Hot Toys reveals their figure soon.

As for the colors, they'll be closer to this (or something between this and the statue) in the film (based on the officialy released stuff so far)

9ibbqa.jpg

Even when he's going to be out in direct sunlight the suit will be heavily shadowed. I came to terms with this by now. I was in denial long enough, lol. The suit won't be bright. It's dark and it will remain dark. No biggie, as long as the film delivers.

Yep, the Hot Toys figure being teased is Jor-El:
1f71n5.jpg

Nice statue but the head looks nothing like Cavill...or Superman for that matter. Hell, those Mattel prototype toys looked more like Cavill/Supes! I hope Hot Toys reveals their figure soon.

As for the colors, they'll be closer to this (or something between this and the statue) in the film (based on the officialy released stuff so far)

9ibbqa.jpg

Even when he's going to be out in direct sunlight the suit will be heavily shadowed. I came to terms with this by now. I was in denial long enough, lol. The suit won't be bright. It's dark and it will remain dark. No biggie, as long as the film delivers.

I would post a pic from the trailer of Superman and Lois holding hands to prove that the suit isn't dark but I'm on my Xbox so I can't right now

I would post a pic from the trailer of Superman and Lois holding hands to prove that the suit isn't dark but I'm on my Xbox so I can't right now

:huh: Are you under the impression that I haven't seen the trailer or something? I know how it looks when they hold hands but actually that scene is another proof that the suit is dark. Look at the shot when Superman is looking at Lois, the little blue we see looks almost black. It looks dark when he's hugging his ma, it looks dark when he crashes into the vault it looks dark in the still they released with helicopters behind him. We will only see glimpses of true blue because the the suit will always be heavily shadowed (like in the scene in the arctic). It's just the nature of the beast, you can't expect bright colors to go along with the type of color palette Snyder went for with the film. The whole film looks very naturalistic and darkened. And I wouldn't be surprised if WB demanded that the suit looks darker as well. Execs are stupid like that. After all, they think GL didn't work because it wasn't enough like TDK. :whatever:

From ibtimes.com

Though some might not see a big change in the brief-less Superman, the “Man of Steel” look makes the hero seem more rugged, with the blue unitard looking like a kind of armor, as noted by Yahoo. The outfit is suited for someone who is ready to do battle, not a hero who is dressed in bright colors to look pretty as he stands before people; this is a more warrior-like Superman.

Last edited:
From ibtimes.com

Though some might not see a big change in the brief-less Superman, the “Man of Steel” look makes the hero seem more rugged, with the blue unitard looking like a kind of armor, as noted by Yahoo. The outfit is suited for someone who is ready to do battle, not a hero who is dressed in bright colors to look pretty as he stands before people; this is a more warrior-like Superman.

My girl added more believable. I agree. And I am a fan who grew up loving the 1978 costume as is. Although I was never a fan of his Mom making the suit. So that might have made it easier for me to accept the change.

As far as the way the these colors are looking on the statue compared to the trailer and officially released stuff, I don't think it will be as dark as that in the final product on screen.

*edit. I should say not as pale.

Last edited:
Agreed, definitley not as pale as the picture of Superman with the kid in the subway station but not as bright as STM.

Info of a LEGO set from London Toy Fair:

76002 Superman - Metropolis Showdown : Superman and General Zod
76003 Superman - Battle of Smallville : General Zod, Colonel Hardy, Tor-An, Superman and Faora
76009 Superman - Black Zero Escape : Superman, Lois Lane and General Zod

The stand was completely covered this year to avoid pictures taken from above, as was the case last year, so no photos.

Info of a LEGO set from London Toy Fair:

76002 Superman - Metropolis Showdown : Superman and General Zod
76003 Superman - Battle of Smallville : General Zod, Colonel Hardy, Tor-An, Superman and Faora
76009 Superman - Black Zero Escape : Superman, Lois Lane and General Zod

The stand was completely covered this year to avoid pictures taken from above, as was the case last year, so no photos.
What is the point of bringing toys to be promoted if they don't show them?

I wonder if zod gonna send Tor-An to find out about clark because he is known as a sleeper agent or will he just be apart of zod gang without the sleeper agent thing.

What's a sleeper agent? And, I googled Tor-an, but, haven't find that much..someone could tell me who he is?

Tor-An might be who Tahmoh Penikett is playing.

This is another version of it.

76002 Superman Metropolis Showdown
76003 Superman Battle of Smallville
76009 Superman Black Zero Escape.
Minifigures featured in the sets include Superman, Zod, Faora, Tor-An and a General Zod figure variant in some kind of armour. The standout piece in the range is in set 76009 – a large spaceship with an almost “bug”-like appearance…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"