The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

Lodgiko

nicolas-tetreault-abel-asset.jpg

Saby Menyhei

saby-menyhei-mnd-goodbadugly-menyhei-v001-final-sign-net.jpg

Shane Molina

shane-molina-artstation-01.jpg

I'm no expert and I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but "This is the way" also works as a meta-comment on how to expand the Star Wars universe without recycling the same people/places/stuff over and over again as they did in the sequel trilogy.

Deep-fake the thing. Have you seen the fan-made deep fakes of Grand Moff Tarkin/Leia or Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy? They spent millions and millions of dollars in CGI faces when a guy in a basement with a computer can make it look a lot better with a deep fake.
This did look pretty good...

giphy.gif

Shamelessly stolen from our own @Brutikus... Who prolly stole it from someplace else, but I got manners and ****. :o :D

lPJd7BYh_o.jpg

Needs a Tano figure and maybe Luke, Ben Kenobi and Anakin as the Wise Men.

OOh... Rey as an angel. Also Dewbacks and Taun-Tauns in the stables.
LOL that's great although agree, needs a mystic angel atop illuminating the scene with twin lightsabers.:cwink:

Last edited:
Oops. You missed one, Annie.

Did he?

Or... Did Vader not have the stones after killing the Padwans we saw in ROTS not have it in him to kill what is, even if decades old, a toddler? A baby. Just like the ones he hoped to hold in his arms after "saving" his wife?

I know that there are really good arguments against that. And I'll accept them. They probably will make a lot of sense and can also be in line with most of our conception of who Vader was after his turn and especially seeing how he was shown to be more than committed enough to his master to personally slaughter in cold blood the coming generation of Jedi in the form of those children. And after his fight with Kenobi he was part to even more slaughter and death.

So... I get it.

But while we do seem to now be firmly in the Filoni sector of the SW universe or at least drawing closer to that territory with Bo-Katan, Tano, and now teasing Thrawn, and thus by association possibly foreshadowing Ezra and Sabine etc., our erstwhile female former Jedi brought up Yoda and alluded to Vader as well, classic SW characters. I am not sure they would want to abandon those connections either and doing something like revealing Grogu was in fact taken and hidden by Vader before his fight with Obi-Won keeps the OT and PT alive and in play in The Mandalorian so to speak.

And... I like the idea that this would shade Vader a bit as a character which was the end point in the OT after all. That he was capable of making the right choice, the good choice. That doesn't wipe away the terrible thing he did to the Jedi and Padwans at the Temple that day but it would show that he was still reachable, which we know he ultimately was.

Or not.

The creators have something else in mind most likely. Something that we'll find more likely.

I mean I am surprised the most obvious choice, Master Yoda himself out of an attachment of his own perhaps (Loyalty to one's own species... Or blood relation?) is not the number one suspect. He would have both the power and resources to have hidden the baby and perhaps cloud his memory to keep him safe, just saying.

Did he?

Or... Did Vader not have the stones after killing the Padwans we saw in ROTS not have it in him to kill what is, even if decades old, a toddler? A baby. Just like the ones he hoped to hold in his arms after "saving" his wife?

I know that there are really good arguments against that. And I'll accept them. They probably will make a lot of sense and can also be in line with most of our conception of who Vader was after his turn and especially seeing how he was shown to be more than committed enough to his master to personally slaughter in cold blood the coming generation of Jedi in the form of those children. And after his fight with Kenobi he was part to even more slaughter and death.

So... I get it.

But while we do seem to now be firmly in the Filoni sector of the SW universe or at least drawing closer to that territory with Bo-Katan, Tano, and now teasing Thrawn, and thus by association possibly foreshadowing Ezra and Sabine etc., our erstwhile female former Jedi brought up Yoda and alluded to Vader as well, classic SW characters. I am not sure they would want to abandon those connections either and doing something like revealing Grogu was in fact taken and hidden by Vader before his fight with Obi-Won keeps the OT and PT alive and in play in The Mandalorian so to speak.

And... I like the idea that this would shade Vader a bit as a character which was the end point in the OT after all. That he was capable of making the right choice, the good choice. That doesn't wipe away the terrible thing he did to the Jedi and Padwans at the Temple that day but it would show that he was still reachable, which we know he ultimately was.

Or not.

The creators have something else in mind most likely. Something that we'll find more likely.

I mean I am surprised the most obvious choice, Master Yoda himself out of an attachment of his own perhaps (Loyalty to one's own species... Or blood relation?) is not the number one suspect. He would have both the power and resources to have hidden the baby and perhaps cloud his memory to keep him safe, just saying.

I’d say Yoda himself is a prime suspect.

But I don’t think it’d be a contradiction to imagine Anakin could massacre children who were old enough to be at least somewhat trained with lightsabers but might still have a hard time with executing a straight up baby. A baby like, as you said, the ones he expected to hold in his arms with his wife. The wife whose death (in childbirth, no less) he dreads and whom he is so desperate to save that it motivates all the terrible actions he undertakes.

I guessed either Yoda (and maybe Mace) had something to do with Grogu being taken away or there was already a plan by someone else outside of the Jedi order to take him separate from Order 66. Then that led to various people having him and doing whatever they wanted over the years until Mando saved him.

The origins of Baby Yoda’s name revealed.
What’s the story behind Grogu—the name of our little green friend?

Filoni: The name has been around for a while. Jon told me early on in season one what it would be, which made me start to think about how people could learn the name. This gave me the idea that Ahsoka, who is very compassionate, would be able to connect with the Child, and that without words they could probably communicate through memories and experiences. Through that connection, she learns the name and then tells Mando and the audience.

So the name was planned really earlier on, and wasn’t something they didn’t land on until season 2.

I’d say Yoda himself is a prime suspect.

But I don’t think it’d be a contradiction to imagine Anakin could massacre children who were old enough to be at least somewhat trained with lightsabers but might still have a hard time with executing a straight up baby. A baby like, as you said, the ones he expected to hold in his arms with his wife. The wife whose death (in childbirth, no less) he dreads and whom he is so desperate to save that it motivates all the terrible actions he undertakes.

He killed defenseless younglings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"