The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

I’d say Yoda himself is a prime suspect.

But I don’t think it’d be a contradiction to imagine Anakin could massacre children who were old enough to be at least somewhat trained with lightsabers but might still have a hard time with executing a straight up baby. A baby like, as you said, the ones he expected to hold in his arms with his wife. The wife whose death (in childbirth, no less) he dreads and whom he is so desperate to save that it motivates all the terrible actions he undertakes.
Eh, I think Anakin likely would’ve killed even a baby, especially one as strong with the force as Baby Yoda had he had a chance. The dude was really desperate at that point, and would’ve done anything and everything to save his wife’s life - even kill a defenseless baby. If Baby Yoda survived, I highly doubt it’s because Anakin made exception to babies. Someone likely saved the baby from certain doom and got him to escape Order 66 before Darth Vader could find him.

I'm almost as excited for the docuseries Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian for Season 2 as I am for the rest of it.

And I cannot wait until they show footage from this day with George Lucas. You know there has to be more than just that photo that was filmed that day.

You also got to meet up with George Lucas on set.

Dawson: I actually got to be there on the day that there’s that photo. Someone took a picture of George Lucas holding Baby Yoda. I’m still calling him Baby Yoda—Grogu! I was there that day. I was all dressed up, I was just off to the side of that photo, all done up as Ahsoka. And I remember it broke the internet when that picture came out. It was just an amazing, amazing moment, and we were all beside ourselves. It was definitely very “geek out.”

What was your experience with George?

Dawson: I was definitely nerve-racked, and it was great to be there with him and Dave. I mean, it’s a lot of pressure. But it was also really fun. Both of them were looking at me but they weren’t, you know what I mean? They were looking at their imaginations come to life.

‘The Mandalorian’: Rosario Dawson Tells All About Ahsoka Tano

Is it true? Is
Thrawn
coming?

Is it true? Is
Thrawn
coming?
Well he was name dropped by Ahsoka, who is in pursuit of him.
So if "he's coming" it's likley to wherever she shows up next, (which is not necessarily in Mando since that ep might have been more of a back-door-pilot for her own potential spin-off series) )

Last edited:
Depending on what they do with Gideon and whether or not we’re going to get an interconnected tv series-verse, I could maybe see him in a small cameo context like Palpatine in ESB. But for the most part I think he’s probably going to be focused on elsewhere.

Has anyone heard any speculation about this?

The last we saw of Thrawn was the end of a battle to liberate the planet Lothal. Ezra, now a full-blown Jedi, traps Thrawn in the clutches of a creature called a purrgil and—after a goodbye to his crew—hyperspaces them both off to parts unknown to ensure Thrawn is out of commission for good. Five years later, after the downfall of the Empire, Sabine and Ahsoka head off to discover where in the heck Ezra ended up.

Which brings us right back to The Mandalorian. Ahsoka's name-drop of Thrawn suggests that the Disney+ series is not only picking up the story threads left behind by Rebels, but it opens the door to even more of Filoni's animated creations making the jump to live-action. (The Haunting of Bly Manor breakout Rahul Kohli set rumors aflame with a tweet about getting into Ezra Bridger shape, but later said he was just having a laugh. A likely story.)

Has anyone heard any speculation about this?
He's been ****ing around with people for months with that one. Tweets about getting in that "orphan from Lothal trained by Kanan Jarrus shape" and like random photos with monitors paused on Ezra in Rebels. Given I'd expect an NDA to be involved if it were true, I'm going to go with no. But... I'd be so down for it. I don't really like Ezra, but if anyone can make me like him... that's a pretty damn good one.

I haven't had any chance to watch Season 2 yet. But I hear Boba Fett's making a comeback too?

Hmmm.... I don't know. I'd rather him get Reed and Dev Patel get Ezra. Dev is pretty much perfect to what we've seen of adult Ezra.
Dev's still a pretty big name in movies. This show mostly goes for name TV actors and movie vets who are practically retired, not people who are currently leading their own films. I doubt they'd get someone like Dev Patel for this.

It seems like the most popular new show at the moment. They've done a great job on this and many Star Wars fans who haven't been too happy recently will be back with.. new hope.

It helps that the show is a huge crowd-pleaser and easily accessible for both old school SW fans and new/casual SW fans. I'm just glad to see people being positive about SW again and not have to resort to the kind of toxicity and fighting that has plagued the newer movies. I have no idea how long it will stay this way, but it actually feels pretty good to be a SW fan again and be able to talk about all the exciting stuff that is happening right now.

It helps that the show is a huge crowd-pleaser and easily accessible for both old school SW fans and new/casual SW fans. I'm just glad to see people being positive about SW again and not have to resort to the kind of toxicity and fighting that has plagued the newer movies. I have no idea how long it will stay this way, but it actually feels pretty good to be a SW fan again and be able to talk about all the exciting stuff that is happening right now.
Yeah, it really doesn't feel divisive like the PT and ST were. It's great to get a positive atmosphere around Star Wars again.

AHS1234567891233.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"