The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

I think my last post in this thread was about how great this guy's deepfakes were, and they were much better than the official attempts. Hiring him was a really smart move, he's done amazing things with no resources so with ILM behind him things are about to get crazy.

If there was any doubt, this is a pretty good indicator that deepfakes are going to blow up. It's already all over Disney stuff, but they're only going to get more ambitious in future. Indy 5 will probably do a lot of it.

Orders Remnant brand Imperial Popcorn.
Just here to witness Mandope, Bo, and the Deathwatch wreck each-other over who gets the saber, and whose is the correct "way".
\
5id35s.gif

Last edited:
Love Luke in the all black robe, figures remind me we will be able to stage "the rescue", although he really should have come with R2.
(faux composite)
E79LefdXEAI4r31

5inpel.gif

I still feel there was a slight missed opportunity to see these two lightsabers clash for an instant.
Not for long as Luke would have wrecked him, but for a discordant instant, before Luke lowers his hood to reveal himself.

Set up:
“You expect me to search the galaxy for the home of this creature and deliver it to a race of enemy sorcerers?”

When Mando says- Open the doors, and the others are like - Are you crazy!? Still indicating there is obviously some trepidation about who exactly just arrived, if they are yet another after Grogu.
Mando holding the Darksaber looks back at a Bo who gives him the - yes it's yours (for now), your funeral nod.
He rushes out the door sparking up the Darksaber.
Luke easily blocks and counters just enough for the two iconic weapons green and darksaber to clash, and the Beskar armor (which can counter saber blows) at work for what it was designed for (a grim brief reminder these were two peoples once at war, a war that had nothing to do with either of them.

When Grogu emerges, they catch each-other fighting, and know their greater purpose.
Luke is first in good faith switches off his blade leaving himself vulnerable, removing his hood.
Djarin instantly sees Grogu trusts him, recognizing this must be the Jedi Grogu reached out to, and switches off his darksaber too.

Mando's quest now complete ...leading as is to his own helmet removal, and final farewell to Grogu.
As happy R2 roles in
wink1.gif

Just a slightly different take.

Last edited:
Really liked the behind the scenes. Good message, good vibes, a lot of cool insights with the Plo Koon stuff and of course a few shout outs to Kathleen Kennedy to show that the nonsensical infighting rumors are just that. Looking forward to Boba Fett!

Any cast and crew member who actually knew who Plo Koon was, would most likely be aware he died in RotS. I mean, they weren't shy about it. :hehe:

Watched the special earlier this morning! I always thought Hamill just did the voice and then they used CGI on a body double, but I was proven otherwise. Must have taken a lot of work to film with both him and the double. There were a couple of times I thought the younger guy looked like Sebastian Stan, lol

Was interesting to learn one unit stayed to work on the scene while most went to film Rodriguez’s episode! Also was surprised to learn that they used a synthesizer to capture the voice of Hamill’s younger days, thought he was still able to pull that off, then I heard his raspy voice.

I thought the de-aging was a bit iffy still, but you have to really appreciate all that hard work to make everything work and still keep secrecy.

Watched the special earlier this morning! I always thought Hamill just did the voice and then they used CGI on a body double, but I was proven otherwise.
Isn't that basically still what they did? He was just a visual reference for the on-set performance and facial animations. The on-set performance we see is still mostly from the double combined with the deepfake. It impressed me how the voice was completely computer generated, though that means even less of Hamill is the peformance.

Last edited:
"Popular show will end after 3 seasons"

It's stuff like this I cannot stand on genre sites. Baseless clickbait.

It's not unheard of. Ted Lasso is pretty popular, of course not on the same level of Mando by any means, but it's supposedly ending after its third season. Stranger Things might end after season five. I doubt some of the Marvel shows will get another season since they kind of functioned as miniseries anyway, like WandaVision and Falcon and Winter Soldier, the latter of which will continue with a fourth Captain America movie.

Besides that, Pedro Pascal is going to keep getting busier and busier with other projects. But I have to agree with @DarkKnight88. The season 2 finale felt like a solid ending to the show anyway.

I'm fine with the world building, if after the Season 3 quest (to rule or free) Mandalor, the show comes to a natural end, establishing Thrawn.
Revealed as the hand behind the post fall of the Empire setting (once imagined by Lucas), where crime syndicates rise to fill that void left by the Empire.
Then dovetailing out into all the set-up Filoni/Favreau character spin-off shows, who now all have to deal with Thrawn ... Rangers(maybe reinvented with Hera (it's personal for her), Ashoka (we know she's looking for him), Fett & Fennec (setting himself up as galactic mob boss), and then for one final event, back with Mando (Knight Owls, Sabine's tribe, Death Watch and the Mandalorians) again all come back together for a huge Favreaoniverse x-over finally, to defeat Thrawn.
Trope ending with Djarin once again walking off into the sunset - "Made a promise to see a friend" - End .:cwink:

VPA3IFg.jpg

Last edited:
I could definitely see it ending and setting up a "sequel series" with a lot of the same characters but different ones taking the lead - sorta like what the Book of Boba Fett is doing, but maybe with Bo-Katan & crew or something a long those lines. I'm sure even if it ends after S3 we'll see Din and Grogu again in guest appearances elsewhere. This universe is only growing.

I’m fine with Mandalorian coming to end if that was the original plan all along. 99% of all television series usually end up getting stale the longer it goes. Just because the Mandalorian is ending doesn’t mean it’s the last we will see of Din as I’m sure he will make some appearances in the already announced spinoff shows.

The show ending makes sense after they replaced Mando with Boba Fett for this year's release. In general it took them quite long to get this season off the ground. Plus with Ahsoka coming at some point after Mando S3, we have a very natural point to switch to Thrawn and crossover stuff. Definitely doesn't mean that's the last we've seen of the character though.

I’m fine with Mandalorian coming to end if that was the original plan all along. 99% of all television series usually end up getting stale the longer it goes. Just because the Mandalorian is ending doesn’t mean it’s the last we will see of Din as I’m sure he will make some appearances in the already announced spinoff shows.
Ever since Breaking Bad ended at 5 seasons and was pretty much widely praised from start to finish, there's definitely been a greater consciousness from showrunners about ending the show while it's on top and not letting it get dragged out for too long.

Ever since Breaking Bad ended at 5 seasons and was pretty much widely praised from start to finish, there's definitely been a greater consciousness from showrunners about ending the show while it's on top and not letting it get dragged out for too long.

*GoT has left the chat*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"