The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

Well given how it was treated as rare and mysterious in the original films and other characters called it an old and hokey religion I don't find it odd they didn't mention the force by name.

Surely it was the case in the OT but then PT was released and the Jedi were all over the place. It doesn't make much sense that everyone forgot about The Force or The Jedi in so short a time between PT > OT > the show (its like what ? 30/40 years ?) and there is also the animated series that had Force users (Rebel I think, I don't watch Resistance), so it's not totally forgotten.

Nevermind, I'm nitpicking, your stance on that is the right one :)
It was just a random thought I had....every time I saw the kid using his powers I said to myself : The Force !

Edit : another thing that the PT tainted.

I don't mind but I find odd that Mando & Co didn't once mentioned The Force as if everyone had forgotten about it. I know Luke didn't know about if before meeting Obi-Wan but still.
At least, Jedi were mentioned.

Din was taken in by the Mandalorians during the fall of the republic. Given his up bringing and the fact that the Jedi order was wiped out, it's not surprising. He may have been completely sheltered from it all until he worked his way up and started to venture out. Real world the Ottoman Empire was wiped out in 1922 and I couldn't tell you anything about them, and that's all on the same planet.

Last edited:
Djarin has probably never seen a Jedi in his life. The Jedi were for all intents and purposes gone not long after the Clone Wars actually ended.

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the new canon but could it be the Empire basically suppressed all mentions of the Force, the Jedi and maybe even the Sith? I could also see the Empire spreading propaganda that the Force was a hoax and that the Jedi lied about the Force to gain power.

I also wouldn't be surprised if everything I just said has been disproven in the New anon. lol

I don't mind but I find odd that Mando & Co didn't once mentioned The Force as if everyone had forgotten about it. I know Luke didn't know about if before meeting Obi-Wan but still.
At least, Jedi were mentioned.

Mando and his associates live and work in the same parts of galactic society as Han did, where tales of Jedi and the Force are unreliable rumours at best. Experience may have given them similar opinions:
REY: The Jedi were real?

HAN: I used to wonder that myself. Thought it was a bunch of mumbo-jumbo -- magical power holding together good, evil, the dark side and the light. 'Crazy thing is, it's true. The Force, the Jedi, all of it. It's all true.

The Force Awakens

I also highly doubt Death Watch was placing the foundlings in their main war camp or on Mandalore itself. So, he would not have been around when Viszla and Maul had their falling out.

What about Bo katan? ... I know she was there when maul and vizsla had their duel. .im curious if we'll ever see her in live action. She was part of death watch so maybe she was among those who took out those super battle droids. Who knows lol.

I think she was the last owner of that darksaber before Gideon, so there's probably a decent chance she shows up in S2.

That she was...though her fate at this point is unknown and am i the only one who fears what might have happened to her?
Well yeah, I'm assuming she didn't actually give it to Gideon willingly, so she's either dead or will be coming back for it (and/or revenge for whatever he did when they crossed paths). I think the latter is the more exciting/likely prospect. If she's dead she could still show up in a flashback with Gideon or something, though.

Well yeah, I'm assuming she didn't actually give it to Gideon willingly, so she's either dead or will be coming back for it (and/or revenge for whatever he did when they crossed paths). I think the latter is the more exciting/likely prospect. If she's dead she could still show up in a flashback with Gideon or something, though.
Given Filoni's penchant for keeping his original characters alive at all costs and that he liked her enough to include her in two shows and give her a hell of a promotion in the second, yeah she'll be back. :hehe:

Given Filoni's penchant for keeping his original characters alive at all costs and that he liked her enough to include her in two shows and give her a hell of a promotion in the second, yeah she'll be back. :hehe:
Good, then I can finally watch her die!!! Because she's a Force Ghost in TROS!!!!!!!!!!

y7R04LC.gif

I just a new rumor for Kenobi. I hope it is true. I want to bathe in fanboy tears and rage...

I'm completely new to this thread as I just got Disney + yesterday. Naturally, the first thing I did was streamed the first few episodes of The Mandalorian until it got late and I had to go to sleep. Excuse me if I missed anything earlier, but this strikes me as an Outer Space Western; one of those old TV series Westerns. Specifically, "Have Gun Will Travel".

Great show. I would put this above Witcher at the moment.

Well given how it was treated as rare and mysterious in the original films and other characters called it an old and hokey religion I don't find it odd they didn't mention the force by name.

Just started watching them both and, so far, I agree.

If Moff Gideon has the Dark Saber, I feel like that should mean that Bo Katan is dead.

Do we know, in terms of time lines, where this series falls? Sometime after RotJ I think by some of the references.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"