The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

While there was no doubt a dip... Yeah, sorry, I'm not even some kind of Disney Uber fan but the library they amassed will assure healthy subscription numbers. Fan of Gargoyles? Where else you gonna get it legally in such pristine versions? Want the Marvel films? Want to see all the classic animated and live action Disney films? Want to see classic and cult shows?

This is like when everyone was all "Well I guess without Game Of Thrones HBO is done for..." and... Then they get Chernobyl, and Watchmen back to back out, Winkler gets an Emmy for Barry... HBO ain't going out of business soon and neither is Disney+.

It depends. Disney was very smart to offer a year long package. Which is what I got, instead of the monthly pricing.

'The Mandalorian' Set Photos Reveal Seamless "Stagecraft" Technology at Work
Instead of building massive sets, Lucasfilm is utilizing new “Stagecraft” technology that uses a rear-projected LED screen to create a reactive environment that essentially works as an immersive real-time green screen. Now, thanks to new set photos from behind the scenes, we can see the Stagecraft tech at work.
3F1hENZ.jpg

AHfxuCI.jpg

R2fpuUV.jpg

2jNfqIG.jpg

haPynIn.jpg

O3NFKt3.jpg

afrB7na.jpg

It really is just a technological update to an old technique.

It really makes a difference lighting wise, especially on those metallic costumes.
Yeah, far more than just an upgrade to green screens, it's gotta help the actors as well by giving them something to actually look at, and must take a huge load off of the VFX crew, this tech means that the correct lighting is already shining on their actors and sets while they're filming.

There are also videos out there showing exactly how this tech works. How the screens are synched with the cameras to adjust perspective on the fly, how what's on the screen can be tweaked to match the foreground, and more details on getting spot lighting and just the right reflections. It's pretty amazing.

See, I was thinking more of old matte painting backgrounds, rather than green screen.

See, I was thinking more of old matte painting backgrounds, rather than green screen.
Yeah, there was progression from matte paintings to green screen because then you could substitute anything you wanted for the green screen. But then you had all the work of making it line up. And the actors had nothing to reference. With this new tech, it's like having dynamic matte paintings that can be adjusted on the fly for whatever angle or movement you want to use.

Actually shoot a setting sun, and the twilight proper on your timeframe. Without having to wait for the actual sun. I want to see them go even farther, especially with ships/ space stuff

I think it was the old Williamson/Goodwin strips where they had a story about Leia training in combat by a character I think was called "The Weapons Master".

It was supposed to explain how the dainty princess of an unarmed world could shoot, fly and kick ass with such aplomb.

Naturally this was many years before ROTJ.

But Cara's character brings up an interesting question (Which may have had an answer in the EU era...) about the survivors of Alderran. Was Cara just born a bad ass or did she and perhaps most surviving Alderranians turn radical post the destruction of the planet?

Finally got to see the first episode, great stuff, cant wait to see the rest later in the year once Disney+ drops over this side of the pond. Easily the best SW stuff for some time and gives me hope in the franchise can be done justice still in the right hands.

Apparently Sasha Banks is going to be in season 2. No idea the role or size of it, but as a fan, I am excited to see what she does. :D

Favs needs to bring RDJ in and have him play another Mando Armorer.

Have him look at Pedro's kit and go:

"Not bad... Not bad at all... I mean... I've built better, of course, but uh... No, not bad."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"