Justice League The Manhunter of Mars Thread

I'm aware of the storyline, I didn't bother to read it though because I hate the idea. I love the first New 52 story arc for JL, with Darkseid, that should be adapted into a movie, not this government contingency plan with MM against the JL...
I'm with you on the Darkseid storyline it will probably start with a bumbling overconfident Kalibak commiting a crime and Supes beat him senseless and put in jail,then Darkseil comes to Earth to retrieve his son.
On the other hand it would be a good JL movie maybe the 3rd one when people in the govt finally figured it out they cant control the JL so creating a counter of a JLA,man I just imagine a combo of Catwoman and GA against Batman.Aquaman vs. the take no prisoner Hawkman. Also on the Darkseid storyline who would not want to see WW vs. Big Barda eh?

Martian Manhunters is my second favourite DC character, only behind Superman.
It would be great to see him done justice in a cinematic universe, even if he doesn't get his own movie.

J'onn is one of my favorite comic book characters.

I didn't grow up on the comics but I did grow up on the animated series DC put out. If Batman The Animated Series introduced me to Batman & Superman The Animated Series introduced me to Superman, then Justice League introduced me to John Stewart and J'onn. They just made him so loved. I love the Christmas With The Kents episode with him. Think I got a tear in my eye.

J'onn is way better than Cyborg in every form. Do J'onn DC.

I didn't grow up on the comics but I did grow up on the animated series DC put out. If Batman The Animated Series introduced me to Batman & Superman The Animated Series introduced me to Superman, then Justice League introduced me to John Stewart and J'onn. They just made him so loved. I love the Christmas With The Kents episode with him. Think I got a tear in my eye.

If DC didn't want it to be a contest between Cyborg and MM, they shouldn't have replaced a beloved fan favorite like MM with Cyborg.

Agreed 100%. But I might be biased.:yay:

Here's the thing with J'onn versus Cyborg. J'onn's villains are Ma'alefa'ak and Despero, Cyborg has none. J'onn has powers that can not only takedown Superman but the JLA, Cyborg is just the tech guy. J'onn background and story as the last Martian is beautiful and deep, Cyborg has Daddy issues because its not like that hasn't been done in the comics before.

J'onn >>> Cyborg all day

I honestly think if JL features MM he will be one of the most popular characters. Seriously he has the best powers first of all. Strength rivaling Superman's, flight, telepathy, shapeshifting abilities into ANYTHING, and invisibility/intangibility.

Martian Manhunter's move where he phases his hand through someone's body using intangibility, then he phases back, and there's a hand inside someone's body. That move would be so badass on screen.

Martian Manhunter deserves his own film after a JL appearance. I think he could carry it after exposure from JL.

It would be a mixture of scifi and noir. Someone described Dark City for the tone, I think that's perfect.

If WB would use parts of J'onn's story on the animated series, at least for the Mars scenes, it could be awesome on screen. It would start off like a space war epic, and would establish J'onn, a father and husband, as the leader of a rebellion against the evil White Martians. Ma'alefa'ak wasn't in the animated series, but I would probably feature him too, maybe he could betray his brother on Mars. But ultimately, J'onn would be the only survivor on Mars, but he is able to defeat the White Martians, and traps them on Mars. After the victory against the White Martians and the death of his family, J'onn decides he can't stay on Mars, and comes to the closest habitable planet Earth, and disguises himself as a detective in Gotham City. After some time operating under the radar, the US Government sends a ship to Mars, and like the cartoon, the astronauts unleash the trapped White Martians. The Astronauts return to Earth, but they've been replaced by Ma'alefa'ak and the leader of the White Martians. I wouldn't go full out invasion, but I would make the story about J'onn tracking down and defeating the disguised martians.

I want J'onn in the movie badly. But i dont think itll happen

Lance Reddick for MM. He's perfect for the role, perfect.

He could play a major role as the doorway to the larger cosmic narrative (in the absence of Green Lantern).

He could play a major role as the doorway to the larger cosmic narrative (in the absence of Green Lantern).

Yeah. It might be more likely than not that J'onn could fill that role nicely for a DCCU, if they want to keep distancing themselves from the GL movie. I would love to see J'onn get a solo with the White Martians as the villains. They return in large numbers in a JL film, with the revelation that the White Martian legion is actually under it's control. Or... ya know... Something.:cwink:

With all his powers he can matchup with Supeman other than Shazam no one else could one on one so it makes sense more that he should head the govt. group that would stop the JL if they go rogue.Besides I wanna see heroes vs. heroes different from just your run of the mill LOD villains.

Yeah. It might be more likely than not that J'onn could fill that role nicely for a DCCU, if they want to keep distancing themselves from the GL movie. I would love to see J'onn get a solo with the White Martians as the villains. They return in large numbers in a JL film, with the revelation that the White Martian legion is actually under it's control. Or... ya know... Something.:cwink:

That would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"