The Mark MILLAR Official Thread

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Angamb, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

Ok guys, we finally has a comic consultant on Fox and he has been giving us plenty of interviews since that day, so we need a thread just for him and all these latest interviews.

This deserves to be the first one:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42105

Lets discuss!! :woot:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

3. 747

747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I think the first hint towards FF existing in this universe is gonna be a Franklin Richards cameo or reference in DOFP.

4. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

With Mark Millar's role in Fox's own MCU, I wonder if this thread should be named 'the Mark of Millar'.

.....ok, bad pun. I'll see myself out.

5. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

I really see it.

And if they dont do it, it would be such a missed chance.

It would be such a cool cameo, a nod to the comic arc, and a way to connect both franchises.

They wont use that actor on the 4f new series, since he wont be born, so.... why not?

6. NanaT

NanaT X-Men United!

The thing is unless they directly mention the Fantastic Four and that Franklin is Reed and Sue's son, no one outside of comic book readers would understand the connection. And if they do blatantly state that he is the son of sue and reed of the fantastic four it wouldn't be much of a 'hint'.

7. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

I could see these hints of FF In days of future past

adult franklin Richards at Internment camp

Seeing the graves of the FF

Launching the time travel plot at remains of the Baxter Building.

Another Intresting thing Is could the FF be a peroid film.Maybe not In the 1960's but maybe 1970's

8. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Not a fan of this guy, though I enjoyed his run on Ultimate X-Men.

9. JP

JP Smelly

So, The Wolverine will be to Fox's Marvel Universe what Iron Man was for Marvel Studios.

10. marvelrobbins

This Is going to be like If the Avengers was the next film after Iron Man.

11. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Finally sounds like they might be using some of the potential they have. Im liking that hes even mentioning the popularity of X-Force and Deadpool. They need some of these characters in their own/team flicks asap and to give us something new. So Fox does have Cable?

12. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

I think the Jean Grey School of Higher Learning might be on the cards after The Wolverine. But that's just a guess, I may be wrong.

How weird that the sixth movie in the series is now seen as a starting point!

13. X-Maniac

He sometimes doesn't come across that well, as though just hyping everything to death. The fanboys on that other site, where hatred lives and breathes in cesspools of negativity, don't like him at all. But then again, they don't seem to like anything!

14. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Well, hes saying all the right stuff. Hopefully hes not full of ****.

15. Snikt

Snikt Well-Known Member

Even though the spot JG logo from the set of The Wolverine is from the Great Gatsby set; it still looks and ALOT like the logo for the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning. I'm with you. I don't think we can dismiss it quite yet.

And I like what Millar said about the three studios. Because he's right, if all the characters were back at Marvel Studios, there's no way in Hell we'd be getting Iron Man 3, The Wolverine, Thor 2, Capt. America 2, X-Men: DOFP, GOTG, Ant-Man and Amazing Spider-Man 2 within the next two years. It just wouldn't happen.

16. 747

747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Personally I enjoy Millar's optimism and enthusiasm. Maybe cause it's close to my own personality. :D

17. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

I agree. Its an east tie in, thats apart of the story. I want Rachel as well, cause if shes not in this film then they probably wont have another chance with her.

18. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

I'm in the same boat. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one that started the rumor that Vaughn left helming this movie so he can direct the new iteration of Star Wars as well. That way the movie that Vaughn (and him) is really working on gets a mention in headline-grabbing Star Wars flicks.

:doh: Oy!

19. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Vaughns the one to blame there either way. He bailed...again. Im sure that film has been long into pre production between the two since he works on writing the comic with Millar.

Reading this interview Fox could have been doing this from the get go. Instead they had to take a hint from Marvel, either cause of risks or they really just didnt get it. I really hope we see some chances taken outside Singers X Men movies. There really are a ton of great X characters to work with in the Future. They have a gigantic universe to work within and start creating.

20. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

This really looks pretty promising, we cant deny it.

Mark and Fox seems to have big plans now for the franchise (finally!), so we are gonna get more than just one movie each three years.

21. marvelrobbins

We can also see they are serious about still doing deadpool.

But,people need to be prepared tat a lot of new characters not used yet are for their post DOFP plans.

22. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

who knows?

:D

23. X-Maniac

More than likely, yes. It's no good cramming them all into one film, like X3 did - almost as though it's the last X-film ever being made.

Let's see a more structured, less frantic approach (but not too restrained!).

24. blueserenity

blueserenity Well-Known Member

I don't know the first thing about Mark Millar (I won't touch Ultimate X-Men with a 10 foot pole) but something about him rubs me the wrong way... maybe something about the way he comes across, almost as if he's like "MAN FOX was headed in such a pitiful state with X-Men, thank GOD they hired ME!"

Also I don't like the idea of uniting FF and X-Men. TBH I've never liked X-Men and other heroes in the same universe even in Marvel comics... why is it that X-Men are hated and feared but FF get their own damn tower and are considered celebs? Why is Spider-Man generally a well-liked individual by the folks of New York? Teeecccchnically FF and SM aren't "mutants" per se but using that technicality is like narrow-minded bigots hating people for being born gay but being ok with those who are "accidentally" gay.

I also don't think DOFP is the time or place for FF to appear beyond perhaps a nod (like a ruined FF tower in the future). They weren't around in the 60s so really the future is the only opportunity to hint at them. The third FC movie should not take place any later than the 80s, which is still too early to bring in FF, and ideally the third movie won't deal with present-day X-Men (I'm hoping they use DOFP to create two lines: FC trilogy and a new set of current-timeline X-Men, in SEPARATE films).

Either way like I said, do not see FF and X-Men tying together as a necessary thing. Just because Avengers got it more or less right doesn't mean "Fantastic 4 & The X-Men" will be a license to print money.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  25. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

you made a key point.

To have x-men, f4 or avengers on the same universe and keep developing the hate to mutants would feel like a big joke. In fact, comics universe made that mistake, so its a WEAK storytelling decision.