The Mark of the Beast......

JLBats said:
Yes, but WHY are you Catholic? Why do you believe the Bible?
Ten bucks says the answer is either:

"Because I was raised that way"

"Because it what God commands"

"Because I always have"

or just

"Because"

I've played this game with tons of people before you. Asking "why" when it comes to religion leads nowhere because in the end, the final answer is "because I believe" so I'll save us some time. If it could be answered by asking "why", it would be a science, not a religion.

Colossal Spoons said:
I've played this game with tons of people before you. Asking "why" when it comes to religion leads nowhere because in the end, the final answer is "because I believe" so I'll save us some time. If it could be answered by asking "why", it would be a science, not a religion.

But it doesn't make sense. If you are to believe something because you believe it, why Christianity? Why not Buddhism, Hinduism, why not go Muslim on our asses? It doesn't make sense to me.

Colossal Spoons said:

Like I said, nothing more than mythology and mind-control. A religion is just a sect that became VERY popular.

I believe because I've seen proof in my own life and circumstances and through the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy. I also find it funny that the people who are so hardset against the Bible are the ones that keep Biblical topics going for so long. It's as if they're desperately searching for the truth but are blind to it when it stares them right in the face.

Comicfilmer said:
I believe because I've seen proof in my own life and circumstances and through the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy. I also find it funny that the people who are so hardset against the Bible are the ones that keep Biblical topics going for so long. It's as if they're desperately searching for the truth but are blind to it when it stares them right in the face.

Or perhaps we are trying to show you the truth. That you have a desperate need to BELIEVE in something, something that is not there. You need to believe in life after death, even if it means believe in a God who is irrational.

Religion is not the answer. All it tends to do is divide.

My God isn't irrational. And I agree: religion does divide. I don't have "religion." I have a personal relationship with a loving, forgiving God.

Colossal Spoons said:
I'm Catholic and a pit of sulfur doesn't sound like my idea of a "fun time".

So basically you believe because you were brought up that way? That's a good reason . . .

Comicfilmer said:
My God isn't irrational. And I agree: religion does divide. I don't have "religion." I have a personal relationship with a loving, forgiving God.

And yet you believe in the mark of the Beast, apparently. :confused:

Colossal Spoons said:
I'm Catholic and a pit of sulfur doesn't sound like my idea of a "fun time".

So basically you believe because you were brought up that way? That's a good reason . . .

As far as I'm concerned, christians (and religious people in general) are just as bad as people who refuse to believe that the Earth is round. And there ARE some people out there who still believe that the Earth is flat. :rolleyes:

JLBats said:
But it doesn't make sense. If you are to believe something because you believe it, why Christianity? Why not Buddhism, Hinduism, why not go Muslim on our asses? It doesn't make sense to me.

The majority of religion DOESN'T make sense. Most of it relies on faith.

Oh, and as to the original question: I'm a Christian, so I would never accept the Mark of the Beast....but I believe that I'll be in heaven by the time that choice arrives anyways :)

AndThePickles said:
The majority of religion DOESN'T make sense. Most of it relies on faith.

I guess I just don't get how someone can have total faith in one religion when it is just as likely to be real as any other faith-based religion, and I don't get the reasoning for believing in it instead of any other one.

JLBats said:
I guess I just don't get how someone can have total faith in one religion when it is just as likely to be real as any other faith-based religion, and I don't get the reasoning for believing in it instead of any other one.

I will agree that a lot of it definitely has to do with what you are brought up to believe. Of course, your religion CAN change when you learn to make personal decisions, but obviously when you're 5 years old you're not gonna say "I think I'm going to follow Buddha instead of Jesus, Mommy".

Henry Hill said:

I never said that. "Because I was brought up that way" is the kind of nonsensical answer that you nonbeliever wait for so you can pounce on, and scream out "mind control". I'm one of more educated Christians who can actually entertain an intelligent conversation with you and this Apocolypse question is something that's been on my mind for weeks now.

Comicfilmer said:

Faith has nothing to do with truth.

Sarge 2.0 said:
Ten bucks says the answer is either:

"Because I was raised that way"

"Because it what God commands"

"Because I always have"

or just

"Because"

Bingo, most people have no clue why they actually belive in God.

Abaddon, where exactly do you stand on this topic? Your username is the King of Locusts, a creature directly associated with the Apocalypse. So I doubt you're completely against God.

You obviously weren't here during the "Slouching towards Bethlehem" thread.

this all confuses the phuck outta me.

Sarge 2.0 said:
You obviously weren't here during the "Slouching towards Bethlehem" thread.

Ah,someone remembers.;)

Abaddon said:
Ah,someone remembers.;)
It was quite in interesting thread. Your thread titles have always been great, except for Give A Little Bit, which loses points due to it's association with the Goo Goo Dolls, cover or not.

Sarge 2.0 said:
It was quite in interesting thread. Your thread titles have always been great, except for Give A Little Bit, which loses points due to it's association with the Goo Goo Dolls, cover or not.

I like the song.:O

And Supertramp sung the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"