The Marvel Heroes Battle Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Nightcrawler is the deciding factor here. His teleportation is very disorienting, combined with his speed and agility makes hit a very tough opponent. There's really no one on the F-5 that can match his power set. Johnny might be the only one that could hurt him, and even that is questionable.

Storm Vs Crystal, I think Storm wins with a lightening bolt. Sue would probably take out Angel with an invisible wall. Colossus, would probably lose out to Ben, not because of strength, but fighting skill. Nightcrawler teleports Reed into unconsciousness. Might take him a while, but I think he could pull it off. Here's the real kicker. I think Johnny is smart enough to stay airborne and away from Wolverine, but probably can't burn him faster than Logan can heal (supernova notwithstanding). This would leave him open to Storm hitting him with enough rain and wind to put out his fire, and Nightcrawler moves in for the win.

This leaves Ben and Sue Vs Kurt, Logan, and Ororo. Sue might be able to suffocate Storm, or play on her claustrophobia with a bubble she can't move in, so she's be unable to focus and use her powers. Wolverine Vs the Thing is a tough call. If Logan got really ruthless, he could slice Ben up pretty badly. Ben's very strong, and could 1 hit KO Logan. I say Wolverine uses his mobility to get in behind the big lug and hamstrings Ben, taking him out of the fight.

That leaves the Invisible Woman Vs Nightcrawler and Wolverine. Her invisibility wouldn't be much use against Logan, since he could probably hear and smell her. Her force bubbles probably couldn't keep Kurt from teleporting. Seeing herself outnumbered, she retreats behind a force bubble, Kurt teleports in, and knocks her out, after asking for her forgiveness.

X-Men win.

I'm sorry but that whole thing you just posted sounds like boos**t. Nightcrawler? Really? He can't even touch Johnny or Sue. Crystal losing to Storm with a lightening bolt? Really? Storm's got control over one aspect of nature. Crystals got control over all of it. I honestly don't think she could touch her if she didn't want her to.

Colossus is the only real challenge on the X-Men team. Nightcrawler and Angel really can't take anybody on the FF team. Johnny and Crystal both have the offensive power to potentially solo the X-Men. Sue can take out any of the X-Men except Colossus by creating force fields around their heads. If the force field grabs hold of Nightcrawler and she concentrates on keeping it in place she might be able to prevent Kurt from teleporting. Since she can and presumably would do this while invisible she would be effectively immune to attack.

While I agree pretty much with all that, I'm at a loss on how a force field will prevent Nightcrawler from BAMFing out of it.

I'm sorry but that whole thing you just posted sounds like boos**t. Nightcrawler? Really? He can't even touch Johnny or Sue. Crystal losing to Storm with a lightening bolt? Really? Storm's got control over one aspect of nature. Crystals got control over all of it. I honestly don't think she could touch her if she didn't want her to.

Crystal has control over the classic elements. Since lightening isn't one of the classic elements, she has no resistance to it and has no way to stop Storm from summoning it. Yes 1 bolt would probably knock her out, and could kill Crystal if Storm wanted to. If it came down to a fight of who could manipulate air and water more effectively, wouldn't it make more sense to use an ability the other has no control over? If Crystal switched to fire manipulationn it wouldn't be very useful, Storm could douse it with water, or blow it out. Earth manipulation to create earthquakes isn't very effective against someone who flies.Johnny, without his flame is an easy target for Nightcrawler to knock out. Storm could snuff out his flame with water or wind. Sue's force shields wouldn't hold Nightcrawler for more than a few seconds, and even if she could get one around his head, he could teleport away. She wouldn't know where he would pop up, so it would be a useless tactic. I stand by my assessment. X-men win.

Crystal controls the powers of the air including wind, rain and lightning and has used it in the past. Johnny's flame got strong enough to stand up to wind and rain long ago. He can still be doused for a second or two if caught by surprise and thus unable to resist it but he has even managed to generate enough heat to scald Namor while underwater.

Didn't know that about Crystal. I thought her control was just of the 4 classical elements and the combinations they could create. That would sway the battle quite a bit. I still think Johnny would have a hard time maintaining his flames in the middle of a Cat 5 hurricane, but if ya'll are saying otherwise, who am I to argure? I recant. F-5 wins.

Yah I'm goin for the F4+Crystal too. Reed wouldn't be taken out as easily as stated either..

FF + 1

A different mix of X-Men and I might switch. The ones pictured would have a hard time winning this is a straight up battle though.

X-FORCE VS FORCE WORKS

o_xforce1.jpg

VS

51032-5297-66874-1-force-works_super.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"