Marvel Films The Marvel Studios News and Discussion Thread

Well, we are living in an an epidemic where 3 women die from domestic abuse every day. I’m down to wait for more evidence, but the burden is a bit on Majors to disprove it, because the injuries and the circumstances speak for themselves.

There’s a 80% chance that he did this, and a 20% chance that this girl hired someone to beat her up so she can frame him… and that’s being pretty generous in my mind. If I have to eat crow, so be it.

That’s not to say he won’t get off. When hundreds of millions of dollars, he’ll have all the cards available here.

Man, you are lucky no one noticed your signature because you're not around very much. You're going to be around a lot less now too.
goodbye.gif

*sees contents of link posted in signature*

Well, guess they’re finally going on a really long…holiday.

Well, we are living in an an epidemic where 3 women die from domestic abuse every day. I’m down to wait for more evidence, but the burden is a bit on Majors to disprove it, because the injuries and the circumstances speak for themselves.

There’s a 80% chance that he did this, and a 20% chance that this girl hired someone to beat her up so she can frame him… and that’s being pretty generous in my mind. If I have to eat crow, so be it.

That’s not to say he won’t get off. When hundreds of millions of dollars, he’ll have all the cards available here.

The situation is still problematic even if his attorney is correct given the other accusations that appeared in the wake of the incident .

Now, I suppose his people can claim, " They're all lying", but it's not exactly the type of thing to celebrate, and it's not likely to somehow comfort Bob Iger that , "this allegation has been proven false, but there are other accusations about his past".

We'll have to wait and see how this whole thing plays out , but I highly doubt Iger is dancing in the streets, even if this recent incident goes away.

Loki season 2 is probably not going to be released in September, maybe even after 2022.

Its been filmed but with that actor being involved, things might be reshot or rewritten.

I still don't get why out of all the live action Marvel D+ shows, this one got a 2nd season and the lead is not even a superhero or an Avenger. They could easily continue/do the Multiverse/TVA thing in another film.

That's what his lawyer claims , we'll see if that's actually reality.

If the woman has indeed recanted her allegations, then that should be it then?

Chaudhry goes on to say there is video footage from the vehicle where the alleged incident took place, witness testimony from the driver and onlookers and two written statements from the woman recanting the allegations.

If this has indeed happened, then...do we have ourselves a new Depp - Heard couple?

Tom Hiddleston’s Loki is more popular than any other D+ character and his show was the most successful. Of course it’s going to get a season 2.
According to who though?

WandaVision got the biggest critical acclaim and its not like they are only handing out a 2nd season to shows that are "successful"... because that would imply badly to the rest that doesn't have a 2nd season.

According to who though?

WandaVision got the biggest critical acclaim and its not like they are only handing out a 2nd season to shows that are "successful"... because that would imply badly to the rest that doesn't have a 2nd season.

WandaVision was followed by a near-billion dollar grossing film and is also getting a spin-off. And it seems increasingly likely her Wanda herself will return.

I don’t get your gripe. Just don’t watch Loki if it bugs you.

If this has indeed happened, then...do we have ourselves a new Depp - Heard couple?

Legally… possibly, but out of the dozens of domestic assaults on women every day, how many do you think end up with the women taking back their allegations? Tons. Dare I say, the majority end up that way. And how many of those women do you think were bought, paid off, or threatened? Probably a lot.

I’m certainly skeptical of the video as well. Did she say the assault happened in the cab? Because I doubt the video shows definitively that he didn’t follow her home afterwards.

I have no doubt that the many big money interests behind Majors can make this go away for him, but that doesn’t mean he’s innocent, frankly.

And that’s the real risk here. As human being, we are not bound by reasonable doubt. We are free to make our own assumptions about this situation. His only real defense here is that she’s making it up to frame him, and that’s just a harder thing to buy than that a steroided-up, rising star celebrity strangled his girlfriend.

That’s the kind of thing that stops families from coming to see you in the movie theater.

WandaVision was followed by a near-billion dollar grossing film and is also getting a spin-off. And it seems increasingly likely her Wanda herself will return.

I don’t get your gripe. Just don’t watch Loki if it bugs you.
I watch every Mcu content though but it doesn't mean, I won't have a preference or there won't be certain things that I don't want to see or that I won't have an opinion when they are pumping out content left and right in a rapid pace, when it is becoming a choir to catch up or remember certain things.

I didn't tell you to not support Loki as well.

Well, victims of domestic violence often recant abuse allegations , so that in itself is not smoking gun evidence that the assault didn't happen.

However, if the video shows there wasn't abuse, that's far more conclusive.

Either way, I'll wait for the alleged evidence by his attorney to come out, and be shown ,as opposed to just taking his attorney's word for it.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="MaceB, post: 39043282, member: 55356"]Legally… possibly, but out of the dozens of domestic assaults on women every day, how many do you think end up with the women taking back their allegations? Tons. Dare I say, the majority end up that way. And how many of those women do you think were bought, paid off, or threatened? Probably a lot.

[/QUOTE]

This.
Women often recant their statements and/or drop charges , even when the officers see the bruises, wounds, and scars as clear as day.

It's actually quite common unfortunately, but alot of times, people assume of the charges are dropped or allegations are recanted, then " nothing happened".

I don’t doubt the severity of the accusations, but I also don’t believe in a universal rule of believing accusers before evidence is presented and an investigation is conducted. I understand the statistics aren’t favorable nor is every situation the same, but in this situation, the internet has really turned so quickly before they’ve seen anything. And the directors who are claiming he had troubling behavior in the past echo that of people that have worked with many high maintenance and insufferable actors.

Last edited:
I watch every Mcu content though but it doesn't mean, I won't have a preference or there won't be certain things that I don't want to see or that I won't have an opinion when they are pumping out content left and right in a rapid pace, when it is becoming a choir to catch up or remember certain things.

I didn't tell you to not support Loki as well.

Just read the spoilers then and save yourself the hassle. All I’m saying is Loki is a huge IP for the MCU and his series was the most watched according to Feige. So naturally, regardless of his status as a superhero or Avenger, his show gets another season.

Just read the spoilers then and save yourself the hassle. All I’m saying is Loki is a huge IP for the MCU and his series was the most watched according to Feige. So naturally, regardless of his status as a superhero or Avenger, his show gets another season.
Well reading spoilers isn't going to cut for me. Why do you need to tell me what to do?

Even if he is cleared of this, he’s been tainted by it unfortunately. These unconfirmed rumors of his on set behavior don’t fly with me because he’s been in two major productions this past year and we didn’t hear a single word about him being difficult. In this day and age where every detail from a Marvel production is leaked, all we heard was how great he was in the role.

It could definitely be another Smollett situation where the she faked her own injuries.

If he is cleared of it, the best thing he can do is keep a low profile and maybe donate to some charities to drum up good will.

I don’t doubt the severity of the accusations, but I also don’t believe in a universal rule of believing accusers before evidence is presented and an investigation is conducted. I understand the statistics aren’t favorable nor is every situation the same, but in this situation, the internet has really turned so quickly before they’ve seen anything. And the directors who are claiming he had troubling behavior in the past echo that of people that have worked with many high maintenance and insufferable actors.

The police and doctors both observed injuries, so the evidence of injuries is not in question.

The question is ,whether or not Majors assaulted her .
Either he did it, or he didn't do it.

As far as the internet goes, I've seen just as many people defend Majors and claim " its all a lie" without they themselves seeing the evidence , so as far as "passing judgement " goes, the door swings both ways on this issue.

The same holds true for the directors.
There are just as many people on line assuming the directors are lying and passing judgement on them.

Ultimately, everyone is going to have their own opinion regardless of whether we agree with them or not.

At the end of the day, it will be up to the DA to determine whether there's a strong enough case to bring to trial , and if that happens , it'll be up to a judge or jury to determine guilt or innocence, if ,it gets that far.

Innocent or not, the press will be out for blood now. An upcoming, promising actor destroying his career in his prime is too juicy a story to ignore. The skeletons are slowly coming out of the closet and all these tweets about what he's ''really like'' will absolutely damage his reputation.

Disney do not mess around either. They get a whiff of trouble and its over.

Innocent or not, the press will be out for blood now. An upcoming, promising actor destroying his career in his prime is too juicy a story to ignore. The skeletons are slowly coming out of the closet and all these tweets about what he's ''really like'' will absolutely damage his reputation.

Disney do not mess around either. They get a whiff of trouble and its over.

There in lies the rub.

Corporations like Disney aren't necessarily obligated to follow the " innocent until proven guilty" model that the legal system here in the US has.

My guess is that Disney will remain silent for the time being, and won't make a statement, or take a stance either way , just yet.

The fact that they've stayed silent ,says to me, they don't want to be out in front either way, at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"