Marvel Films The Marvel Studios News and Discussion Thread

Everyone is entitled to their opinion just getting tired of everyone bagging on marvel/Disney!! That aren’t dumb verse enough Disney grabs and or buys everything…blah blah blah. Just make your movies and shut up!! Never been a big fan of Scorsese’s (obviously) but IMO opinion is blaming marvel for everything!! Tarantino is ok not necessarily a big fan!! But wow f I don’t agree with everyone you gonna blast at me?? Think that is what is called cancelling!!

Oh and by m all for diversity b4 you all start calling me racist!! Could Disney marvel done better?? Sure of course but everyone wants everything to change right now!! N the real world change never happens overnight!! We need to keep trying though

I don't agree with Scorcese, but Scorcese is an old-school type of filmmaker. He's very set in his ways and his opinions. My dad hates superhero movies too and can't stand them.

I think the problem is it'd be nice if there was more of a variety in the marketplace and there were more mid-budgeted films, but that's not necessarily Marvel's fault.

Also if people want more variety they should support more original films when they do get put out there.

Last edited:
Yeah its not Marvel's fault that their movies are to go movies (in the cinemas) based on the boX office numbers. But there's still plenty of ongoing franchises out there like Top Gun, Avatar, Fast / Furious, DC, Transformers, Star Wars and Ghostbusters.

Yeah its not Marvel's fault that their movies are to go movies (in the cinemas) based on the boX office numbers. But there's still plenty of ongoing franchises out there like Top Gun, Avatar, Fast / Furious, DC, Transformers, Star Wars and Ghostbusters.

I mean, its Marvel's "fault" that they consistently make good movies that people actually want to see, I suppose. Why this is a bad thing is unclear, unless you hold the mistaken position that the movie industry isn't supposed to be making movies that people want to watch, or is supposed to somehow veto audience preference. If you make a movie, and think it is a great achievement of art, and nobody wants to go see it? It is not the audience who is mistaken, it is you.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion just getting tired of everyone bagging on marvel/Disney!! That aren’t dumb verse enough Disney grabs and or buys everything…blah blah blah. Just make your movies and shut up!! Never been a big fan of Scorsese’s (obviously) but IMO opinion is blaming marvel for everything!! Tarantino is ok not necessarily a big fan!! But wow f I don’t agree with everyone you gonna blast at me?? Think that is what is called cancelling!!

nemo-its-like-hes-trying-to-speak-to-me.gif

It appears that Marvel is going to course correct the failure of Phase 4. I'm curious to see how they're going to accomplish this. Personally I think they need to reduce the quantity of Disney+ shows. With the exception of a few hits most of them were more filler than gems. Also I hope more dedication is place on the films to be more cohesive in storytelling.

MCU’s “failure” over the course of 2 years I would say is still an envy of many studios. That speaks volume. For me, if they don’t have other decent content to fill up what they plan to reduce on Marvel shows on D+ to focus on “quality” whatsoever (most of which were generally well received anyway) I will surely cut the cord especially they are raising the fee by 40% sans ads. I’m sure I’m not the only one. Outside of Star Wars and Marvel, there isn’t much to see on D+ if one is not into cartoons. One show a few months is already pushing the limit.

I think many (most?) people already just subscribe one month at a time, anyway.

Disney+ is the best streaming service for TV and movies in my opinion.

With NetfliX there are more or less fifty blockbuster films that isn't a NetfliX Original. Some franchises like DC don't even have their all films, so you'd have to jump on HBO MaX to watch the rest. While I don't find NetfliX's original films that eXciting. I also find Disney's backlog of tv series much better. NetfliX is good though with Korean content.

Annual for me. I do have a lot of value to having all the films available digitally and on the go but would still want (higher quality) regular new content.

Same here. I share mine with three other people so the fee is split. The last one was raised to 90 euros from 70, which was cheaper because I first ordered it before launch of the service at a lower price.

Last edited:
It appears that Marvel is going to course correct the failure of Phase 4. I'm curious to see how they're going to accomplish this. Personally I think they need to reduce the quantity of Disney+ shows. With the exception of a few hits most of them were more filler than gems. Also I hope more dedication is place on the films to be more cohesive in storytelling.
For me the only real failure is the critical reception of Eternals,which is the only MCU movie to get a rotten rating.

I would like to see trim down the number of shows they are releasing every year....however these shows are merely created for Disney+ subscribers. So I doubt Disney bosses are regretting their 7 live action MCU shows.

Phase 4 is a miXed bag. But it is far from a failure especially compare to what is happening with DCU.

At least with Eternals, it was the interesting kind of failure. What it did didn't work, but it was still kind of interesting.

For me the only real failure is the critical reception of Eternals,which is the only MCU movie to get a rotten rating.

I would like to see trim down the number of shows they are releasing every year....however these shows are merely created for Disney+ subscribers. So I doubt Disney bosses are regretting their 7 live action MCU shows.

Phase 4 is a miXed bag. But it is far from a failure especially compare to what is happening with DCU.
They just need to make the shows better. It’s different people working on them so they’re not overworked. Get people who can put out top quality with less oversight required from above.

Annual for me. I do have a lot of value to having all the films available digitally and on the go but would still want (higher quality) regular new content.
Same I subscribe annually because ultimately I feel like it’s worth it with the Star Wars and Marvel content plus I won’t have to worry about paying for a full year. So yeah worth it for me.

I take it, we won't get any news or updates about Armor Wars until after Secret Invasion has ended its run?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"