The Marvels: News and General Discussion thread

Maybe Marvel would've called Captain America Civil War just Civil War if released today.

They should have waited for the third movie to do this, Carol deserves a standalone sequel.
I think its perfectly fine if they feature Monica and Kamala Khan in this as they can be categorized as Carol Danvers supporting characters. Unlike in Civil War, which featured Iron Man, BP, Spidey, Hawkeye, Wanda, Ant-Man, etc. That movie could have been called Avengers: Civil War. But I still count Civil War as the third Steve Rogers film because of the official title.

This one though, dropping Captain in the title and putting a S on Marvel. Should the public supposed to see this as Captain Marvel 2 or something else like BvS? It kinda reminds me when Birds of Prey movie could have been just called Birds of Prey but Harley Quinn was in it, so we got that movie title.

I'm not crazy about the title either, but I'm actually really looking forward to this just to see what they will do with Monica next and of course her interactions with Carol and Kamala Khan.

Teyonah Parris was one of the best things to come out of WandaVision IMO and while I did enjoy the first movie this has potenital to be so much better, especially with their being some resentment towards Carol from Monica going by what we saw in WandaVision and I hope they really explore that dynamic between them more.

I was hoping this was going to be for Carol that Thor: Ragnarok was for Thor (which I enjoyed a lot).

The sequel's title is perfect, IMO, because it honors the three leads who have had Marvel as part of their heroic names. We don't know what the film's focus is yet, but hopefully Carol, Monica and Kamala will all have strong arcs in it.

Also, I fangirled over the shot of Goose in the trailer. I've been fretting over the feisty flerken's absence in Engame (no, really). Goose could have been a beast in the final battle, gobbling up space dogs and sowing panic among Thanos' troops. They need to let her wreak havoc in Marvels, for the enjoyment of the world's cat lovers. :cool:

It just occurred to me that Marvels could be the A-Force movie that Brie, Tessa, and other MCU actresses pitched to Feige. With so many heroines operating in the cosmic realm, the story could come together organically.

Personally, I had no problem with the superheroine team-up in Engame. The so-called controversy over it seemed far more fake than what was onscreen. Where were the whiners when Iron Man, Thor and Cap just happened to be the three to confront Thanos? Or when the Gauntlet was passed from man to man before reaching Carol, despite all of the other powerful women present? But put more than one heroine onscreen and suddenly it's a problem.

Not the biggest fan of the title because it creates a weird deviation from the normal franchise title naming conventions. Plus it kind of gives ammunition to the morons who disliked the first one to continue spewing their garbage about Marvel not liking Larson or her toxicity being why they had to bring in new characters and change the name.

Not the biggest fan of the title because it creates a weird deviation from the normal franchise title naming conventions. Plus it kind of gives ammunition to the morons who disliked the first one to continue spewing their garbage about Marvel not liking Larson or her toxicity being why they had to bring in new characters and change the name.

Until they realize that she is still the lead and that there is a female muslim teenager in there called Ms.Marvel.

They literally made up the narrative that Captain Marvels success was some woke conspiracy...they will always find a way to spew their bullshirt.
Everything gives them ammunition because they are ash flashs.

Exactly. I hope they include Captain Marvel to the title. I don't care if it sounds stupid and repetitive, but I would prefer Captain Marvel:The Marvels.

Captain Marvel and the Marvels could actually be a kinda fun title, lol.

I’m actually cool with this one, though.

Captain Marvel and the Marvels could actually be a kinda fun title, lol.

I’m actually cool with this one, though.

How about Captain Marvel and the Marvelettes? Could sound like a girl band. Probably sounds a bit like Josie and the Pussycats though.

I'm excited about the team-up. It makes perfect sense to bring in Monica because she was a character in the first film and having Kamala interact with Carol is always cool. I see that some are worried that Carol will have a diminished role but they needed to bring in new characters simply because the first movie didn't set up enough supporting characters for the sequel. In the first movie you had Fury, Maria and Talos. Maria is now dead, Fury is off in space and Talos is taking care of things on Earth. Theoretically they could bring back Fury and Talos for the sequel but I think you still need a few more characters to pad out the cast so having Monica and Kamala in the movie is a good decision imo.

I can see why some fans would prefer that they kept "Captain Marvel" in the title because now gamergaters will be yelling "I told you they're getting ride of Brie Larson" but those dudes would have always come up with insane conspiracies so who cares what they say

"Captain Marvel and Her Racially Diverse Friends"

I can see why some fans would prefer that they kept "Captain Marvel" in the title because now gamergaters will be yelling "I told you they're getting ride of Brie Larson" but those dudes would have always come up with insane conspiracies so who cares what they say
I mean if they think that's a good thing, at least in doing so they'd have to admit that they'd prefer more black and brown women in leading roles over another white woman, right?

"Sugah..."

Picture it, the mid-credits scene for The Marvels:

We’re in some down home Southern bar. The people in there but specifically a woman with a white steak in her hair are watching in awe at the television. There’s a news clip of Cap Marvel and her Marvels saving the day.

The woman takes the last swig of her drink, then touches the bartender when she asks for the bill and he gets KO’ed. She just stares again at the TV and looks at Carol, smirks and says “That’s my cue, sugah!”

Just a unsolicited idea if you’re reading Mr Feige. Lol

Last edited:
I mean if they think that's a good thing, at least in doing so they'd have to admit that they'd prefer more black and brown women in leading roles over another white woman, right?

Haha, it's going to be a real

Two-Buttons.jpg

situation for them.

Can't wait for the femslash fic. It'll be so very wrong no matter which way the three characters get paired up lol.

Can't wait for the femslash fic. It'll be so very wrong no matter which way the three characters get paired up lol.

Well any involving Ms Marvel at least since she's a minor.

If we make this Carol's own Thor Ragnarok, then Monica and Kamala would have the same amount of screen time in this one as Banner and Valkyrie in Thor: Ragnarok. If you remember, Banner and Valkyrie had significant screen time in that one and had a lot of humorous moments. That would be smart instead of making Monica and Kamala more like Korg and Meik in terms of screen time. As for Zawe Ashton? If she's Moonstone, safe to say that she'll be back in the MCU. I could also see her being a one and done as well. What made Thor: Ragnarok work so well was that Taika did a great job of making Thor more personable rather than the personality he displayed in his first two movies. The hope is that Carol and Monica get more of those humorous moments in Marvels. I feel like that's lacking with Carol and to a lesser degree Monica (although I did think the Ralph Bohner moment in WandaVision did give Monica a humerous moment but more is needed I think). Even Steve and Nat had some humorous moments at times but more than Carol so far and neither of them are coming back. I thought that End Game did a good job of making Carol a little bit more personable, especially when she smiled at Peter Parker.

I thought that End Game did a good job of making Carol a little bit more personable, especially when she smiled at Peter Parker.

And thus why the original movie has gone over so many heads.

Carol was plenty personable in her movie. Maybe just because her sense of humor was much closer to what I see in my own family is why I recognized it more. At least she is different than most other MCU protags.

And thus why the original movie has gone over so many heads.

Carol was plenty personable in her movie. Maybe just because her sense of humor was much closer to what I see in my own family is why I recognized it more. At least she is different than most other MCU protags.

I didn't hate how Carol was portrayed in her movie as I enjoyed her interactions with Young Monica.

If we make this Carol's own Thor Ragnarok, then Monica and Kamala would have the same amount of screen time in this one as Banner and Valkyrie in Thor: Ragnarok.
Thor: Ragnarok had the name Thor in it, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"