The Master Of Magnetism":The Official Magneto/Erik Lehnsherr Thread'

GNR

Avenger
Reaction score
65657711.img.jpg

To join on the bandwagon of recent "official" character threads,and because there was not one thread on all 9 pages dedicated to The Master of Magnetism,this thread has been created to discuss all things Magneto related in X3.

No JP,this one's simply for Mags alone.He certainly deserves his own,cmon!And yes I did make that one sometime ago.

I dont see how taking Xaviers name out of the thread changes anything.

It makes the focus of the thread on Magneto alone JP.You remember the Beast and Mystique thread?Well now there's a Mystique for her character alone,just for her.That's what taking the name out does.

i have something to discuss in this thread. how i nthe hell do you spell the guys name??? I stick with eric lehnsherr. the name in the profile thing in x2 was eric lensherr and then in the credits at the end its spelled eric lehnsherr. comics are erik lehnsherr and sometimes erik lensherr. why cant they make their mind up!

GNR4Life said:
It makes the focus of the thread on Magneto alone JP.You remember the Beast and Mystique thread?Well now there's a Mystique for her character alone,just for her.That's what taking the name out does.

It still makes no sense. The thread was for all discussion on Xavier and Magneto.. having a thread that is on Magneto alone doesn't change anything.. It's still a duplicate thread.

cuz this thread is ALL Magneto!

and damn you GNR I was just about to start a thread on him. Me and my slow ass doody dial-up!

Magneto is Awesome but I think his going to die in X3. They can't put him in prison again unless Xavier does his ultimate X men thing and wipes magneto's memory to make him belive his an average joe. That could be cool. Either that or he turns into a good guy his done it a bunch of times in the comics, clones not withstanding.

Okay, so I guess it's okay to disregard the Jean Grey/Phoeinix thread and start a new thread called 'Famke/Jean Grey' ... cuz there is a big difference.

:rolleyes:

jpsketch said:
Okay, so I guess it's okay to disregard the Jean Grey/Phoeinix thread and start a new thread called 'Famke/Jean Grey' ... cuz there is a big difference.

no, cuz that's the same bee-itch. Xavier and Magneto are two completely different ppl.

hey hey! In honor of my 300th post I present this...
sonnylucifermagneto7mu.jpg

I think this occured before X1.

Magneto's probably my favourite X-Men character. Just the idea of this guy able to control any kind of metal is unbelievable.

I have previously argued that it might be good to keep Magneto alive in X3 so there is continuity between X3 and the Magneto spin-off (which is bound to feature McKellen in some form, even just as a voiceover).

However, I think it could also be good if he died in X3, then Moira MacTaggert could clone him from the tissue and we'd get a younger version.... (I've borrowed elements of this from the comic storyline in which he was reverted to infancy by a mutant he created, raised and genetically modified by Moira, then brought back to a younger adulthood by Shi'ar agent Erik the Red)

Without being cruel, McKellen does look very haggard in some of the shots (the prison scenes especially). Surely he can afford surgery to remove those massive eyebags!

And the hair needs something done to it. Magneto's comicbook hair is white and wavy... McKellen's is grey and the wrong sort of wavy. It needs to be more like the comicbook version, or cropped into a sharper crewcut style that helps McKellen look younger and more dynamic.

Hope all that didn't sound mean.. Magneto is actually my favourite character and the movie version has been excellent. For the 'comicbook costume lovers', he's had the most accurate costume of them all... and his power displays have been impressive and very well done (except the raising of the cop cars in X1, which was done too casually and made them look obviously yanked in the air by a crane... it needed the 'humming' magnetic-pulse sound that is usually put over his power displays, and to be done more slowly and deliberately).

He would look so badass if Ian grew his hair a bit longer.

It be nice if Magneto is dying in the spinoff and then founds out he has kids and so on. Told in flashback I guess.

In X3, I think the best thing would be for Xavier to mind-wipe him of something.

ahhh....who can forget X-Men issue 25.I could see that happening Neto.

GNR4Life said:
ahhh....who can forget X-Men issue 25.I could see that happening Neto.

that's my favorite issue. When I first saw Mags ripping the adamantium out of Wolverine I was like, "IT'S ABOUT FRIGGIN' TIME!!!!".

Neto Magnus said:
hey hey! In honor of my 300th post I present this...
sonnylucifermagneto7mu.jpg

I think this occured before X1.
:up: Nice one Neto Magnus :D :D

X-Maniac said:
I have previously argued that it might be good to keep Magneto alive in X3 so there is continuity between X3 and the Magneto spin-off (which is bound to feature McKellen in some form, even just as a voiceover).

However, I think it could also be good if he died in X3, then Moira MacTaggert could clone him from the tissue and we'd get a younger version.... (I've borrowed elements of this from the comic storyline in which he was reverted to infancy by a mutant he created, raised and genetically modified by Moira, then brought back to a younger adulthood by Shi'ar agent Erik the Red)

Without being cruel, McKellen does look very haggard in some of the shots (the prison scenes especially). Surely he can afford surgery to remove those massive eyebags!

And the hair needs something done to it. Magneto's comicbook hair is white and wavy... McKellen's is grey and the wrong sort of wavy. It needs to be more like the comicbook version, or cropped into a sharper crewcut style that helps McKellen look younger and more dynamic.

Hope all that didn't sound mean.. Magneto is actually my favourite character and the movie version has been excellent. For the 'comicbook costume lovers', he's had the most accurate costume of them all... and his power displays have been impressive and very well done (except the raising of the cop cars in X1, which was done too casually and made them look obviously yanked in the air by a crane... it needed the 'humming' magnetic-pulse sound that is usually put over his power displays, and to be done more slowly and deliberately).
Yeah I liked your line of thinking.

Not kissing your ass or anything but you made some valid points about appearances and effects of the character as well as the neccessary condensing/altering of comic stories to fit the movies.

Will said:
Yeah I liked your line of thinking.

Not kissing your ass or anything but you made some valid points about appearances and effects of the character as well as the neccessary condensing/altering of comic stories to fit the movies.

No probs, Will. I was trying to logically see what might happen to Magneto, and to take into account the fact that McKellen may not (want to) return for another X-movie. Cloning a younger version would solve that, it would bring in the younger version that appeared in the comics, and Moira could use her assistant Jamie (the super-cloning Multiple Man) to discover the cloning techniques needed....

gap5ewl said:
i have something to discuss in this thread. how i nthe hell do you spell the guys name??? I stick with eric lehnsherr. the name in the profile thing in x2 was eric lensherr and then in the credits at the end its spelled eric lehnsherr. comics are erik lehnsherr and sometimes erik lensherr. why cant they make their mind up!

I personally think I should be Lehnsherr because that is german for: "liege" which has quite some symbolic character ;)

PS: It should be pronounced: lens hair (with a longer e in lens/ dont know how to write that)

Yes, it should be Lehnsherr. This is German for a medieval/feudal lord, a liege...

In the comics, it turned out to be a name he used but not his real name. It would make sense that he took a name that meant 'lord' as it would be seem unlikely that the German name Lehnsherr would be the real name of a man born to Polish gipsy/Jew parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"