The Master of Mystic arts: The official Doctor Strange Thread

I never did see the Dr. Strange DTV. Was that one any better then the Iron Man or Ultimates ones?

Better than Iron Man and possibly the second Ultimates one, but that's kinda like saying what's better? A turtle head a pokin' or a Hersey slurp? Either way you gotta change your shorts.

I enjoyed Iron Man for what it was, so it's nice to see that Strange's movie is better. I'll have to track it down soon.

Sooooo...Dr.Strange in the comics. What are your favorite, and not-so-favorite, runs? I thought Roy Thomas did a good job in the Strange Tales series. Steve Englehart's ideas were a little too...um...strange for me. I think he was the one who had the living stars, and I know he was the one who had Clea sleeping with Ben Franklin--:wow: . (Doc & Clea had travelled to the past for some reason I don't remember.)

Well, Ben Franklin got a lotta tail. It's no wonder she let him bang her. 10,000 French smorees can't be wrong.

Yeah, but he was old Ben Franklin; not a young guy. It really creeped me out.

Pff, young or old, Franklin was the pimp of the colonies. :o

ben_franklin.jpg

I think Marvel wastes Dr Strange. This guy is the most powerful wizard and Sorceror Supreme on earth and they waste him fighting crooks and villains. If i was to write Stranges book I would want to delve into the exact responsibilies that he has.

I know,like i said before..i think Dr.Strange should be more of a cosmic representation of Earth..and helping out when normal circumstances can't be done.

Well, Bendis has been dropping hints recently that there's a reason for Strange's suckage. So an explanation is forthcoming, probably in Secret Invasion.

I know,like i said before..i think Dr.Strange should be more of a cosmic representation of Earth..and helping out when normal circumstances can't be done.

i agree. I have scenes in my head where he goes to hell just to chat with Mephisto and goes to Olympus to have lunch with Zeus, broker a cease hostilities agreement between two groups of magic users.

Sooooo...Dr.Strange in the comics. What are your favorite, and not-so-favorite, runs? I thought Roy Thomas did a good job in the Strange Tales series. Steve Englehart's ideas were a little too...um...strange for me. I think he was the one who had the living stars, and I know he was the one who had Clea sleeping with Ben Franklin--:wow: . (Doc & Clea had travelled to the past for some reason I don't remember.)

I like the arc when Strange used the Montessi Formula to rid the world of all vampires. (appearances by Blade and Morbius, iirc)....that was excellent.

Ben Franklin was the Ron Jeremy of his time.

Ben Franklin was the Ron Jeremy of his time.

When he sent out the invitations to the constintutional convention, he did in fact blow a magic conch shell and shout "DELEGATES, ASSEMBLE!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"