The Matrix Resurrections

The only thing that I do care about is that they reign down this movie. It needs to be smaller and more íntimate in scope. If there is something that the sequels showed us (mainly revolutions) is that bigger is not always better.
Also, with a tighter movie Im sure that whatever visual mumbojumbo they come up with this time will seem Way grander in scope (if this makes any sort of sense..)

I can't see them going smaller, not if this is going to be a $150m film.

Thing is, it shouldnt be. At least I dont think so.
Is there any budget talk already or am I missing something? Cause lets be honest. The Matrix has a big name but the Last few movies werent that Well recieved with either fans or critics alike.. They should tone it down. Bring it back to the roots of the first movie. IMO its one of the factors that made the first one amazing. As soon as we get non stop action with crazy ass vfx stunts such as the sequels it leads to saturation. Sure theres spectacle but after a while its Just another vfx scene after another

What happened to Don Davis? Outside of The Matrix trilogy, he scored Jurassic Park 3 and that was basically it.

But neo and trinity died though. How do you write around that? One got pipes through her chest and the other Im assuming went through cardiac arrest, Im all for continuing stories but they really wrote themselves into a dead end with that

Thing is, it shouldnt be. At least I dont think so.
Is there any budget talk already or am I missing something? Cause lets be honest. The Matrix has a big name but the Last few movies werent that Well recieved with either fans or critics alike.. They should tone it down. Bring it back to the roots of the first movie. IMO its one of the factors that made the first one amazing. As soon as we get non stop action with crazy ass vfx stunts such as the sequels it leads to saturation. Sure theres spectacle but after a while its Just another vfx scene after another

$150m now is not as big a budget now as was back in 2003. WB for example spent $160m on Inception so it's the same sort of ballpark we're looking at for Matrix 4.

Maybe they live on as code in the Matrix?

And budget has zero to do with a film’s quality. There’s big budget crap and indie crap. We just pay attention more to the big budget crap.

It’ll all come down to her writing..

Pretty much. I Just hope she had the time needed to get it spot on.

I don’t know how canonical this is, but in one of the Enter the Matrix video game cutscenes, Oracle tells Ghost that Sati will eventually be super-important. I’d like to see that followed up on.

If someone claims to be 'offended' by RDJ In Tropic Thunder they are a liar, an idiot... or both.

AND if such trivial things actually bother them they probably also have an amazing life free from real problems.
Coming from me. He was the best thing about Tropic Thunder

How did that even get brought up in this thread?

Wasn't the role of Zee supposed to go to Aliyah before her death? Instead it went to Nona Gaye, who hasn't done a movie since 2009.

An older Sati would be interesting although I'm not sure who to cast.

OK so something I have been thinking about...could Neo "time travel" or as I think more appropriately titled search history and go back to when Morpheous was young? I'm not suggesting this for the new film but curious if it's ever been asked before. Surely once he becomes main mod of the matrix get can slide through all the history memory and visit earlier days of the matrix?

Pet theory:

The Matrix has failsafes.

A fundamental rule of sensitive computing is to have redundancies, in case of error - just like humanity rejecting the first Matrix because it was a utopian paradise they couldn’t believe.

Therefore, the Matrix has multiple levels, to ensure that if any humans break free of the first level, they will still be contained in the simulation. Ergo, the ‘real world’ from the first three movies is simply level two of a multilayered simulation.

That’s how you can bring everyone back, and easily continue the story.

...also, machines didn’t actually create the Matrix... human beings did. The people in the Matrix are the slaves of human masters. Much more interesting :up:

By the end of Revolutions, as signified through Sati, machines discovered the concept of love. The Matrix is saved, people are free to leave or stay and overall peace between machines and humanity is achieved. The peace is supposed to last "as long as it can".

So they should just continue the story and explore what happens to the Matrix. What caused crumbling of those achievements. How things evolved. Since the movie is still called "The Matrix", it should play a key role. I wouldn't want more false bottoms like Matrix within Matrix. In the end, how will the machines sustain it, considering that they orchestrated the plan to subdue the desire of human to revolt. If there's no reason to revolt, they can't keep them enslaved. What if there's mass disconnect or whatever... There are so many possibilities. What if machines society shattered into various warring fractions? War for control of the Matrix. And humanity is caught in the middle of it?

By the end of Revolutions, as signified through Sati, machines discovered the concept of love. The Matrix is saved, people are free to leave or stay and overall peace between machines and humanity is achieved. The peace is supposed to last "as long as it can".

So they should just continue the story and explore what happens to the Matrix. What caused crumbling of those achievements. How things evolved. Since the movie is still called "The Matrix", it should play a key role. I wouldn't want more false bottoms like Matrix within Matrix. In the end, how will the machines sustain it, considering that they orchestrated the plan to subdue the desire of human to revolt. If there's no reason to revolt, they can't keep them enslaved. What if there's mass disconnect or whatever... There are so many possibilities. What if machines society shattered into various warring fractions? War for control of the Matrix. And humanity is caught in the middle of it?

I like all of that... but I can’t see how Neo would play into it.

I mean, he’s dead at the end of Revolutions. Proper, proper dead. To have Keanu in the film in a way that makes any sense, either he was somehow digitally uploaded into the Matrix permanently when he linked to the source... or it’s Matrix within a Matrix time.

I like all of that... but I can’t see how Neo would play into it.

I mean, he’s dead at the end of Revolutions. Proper, proper dead. To have Keanu in the film in a way that makes any sense, either he was somehow digitally uploaded into the Matrix permanently when he linked to the source... or it’s Matrix within a Matrix time.
No one is ever really gone in sci-fi. But in case of the Matrix, Oracle wasn't so sure about Neo.

I wouldn't say the scope of the sequels was the problem anyway. I point more to the completely flat human characters and the needlessly convoluted narrative.

I mean, he’s dead at the end of Revolutions. Proper, proper dead.

How do you know that? We saw him carried off but it was never confirmed if he was dead in the real world or in a coma of sorts. I believe they deliberately left it ambiguous.

I always took the way he was carried away as being a nod to the end of Arthur, being taken away to Avalon, where many myths say he sleeps to be awakened again.

There can be something simple like machines preserving the bodies of Neo and Trinity, studied or something like that. Since their relationship broke the circle of events.

Since when DiscussingFilm became a reliable source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"