The Matrix Resurrections

The Matrix 4 Working Title Revealed

Thanks to the latest issue of Production Weekly, fans got a glimpse into how the film is doing. The Matrix 4 is currently untitled in official capacity, but Warner Bros. has a working title for the project.

And what is it? Well, Project Ice Cream is the name of the game, and it sounds plenty delicious.

The production update came with a few confirmations which fans were already briefed on. The film's director is listed as Lana Wachowski with her acting as a co-writer on the script. Grant Hill will produce the sequel while stars like Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss return to the franchise.

A couple of new details did surface about the film thanks to Production Weekly. The write-up said the movie plans to get into production in mid-February 2020 with Chicago being its primary filming location. If this schedule works out as planned, then The Matrix 4 is in a good place.

Well hopefully that means it's good. I hope Lana really pushes this story forward. I think she will, she's not the one to do the same thing so even if this doesn't quite work, it won't be short on interesting ideas and ambition.

Wow, I cant believe they are making a part 4... By a Wachowski, with Keanu as Neo was literally a wish I made years ago after part 3 and a dream come true.

Just imagine how awesome this can look with all the advancements in cgi and tech?!

Just imagine how awesome this can look with all the advancements in cgi and tech?!

I just hope the story is up to the first one, at least. I'm not really worried about special effects, they can pretty much do anything in this day and age (which worries me a bit), it's the story they should be focusing on.

Agreed, as I've since pontificated across numerous Matrix forums over the years and postulated how could Neo come back and why. I'm really excited for this.

If Matrix isn't ambitious - why even bother. There's just only one way to do it.

'The Matrix 4' Casting Young Neo Alongside Keanu Reeves

Keanu Reeves won’t be the only actor portraying Neo in The Matrix 4, as they’re also looking for a younger actor to portray the character.

Variety reporter Justin Kroll has recently recorded an episode of the ''My Mom's Basement'' podcast touching upon The Matrix 4. During the podcast, he explained that Warner Bros. are in the process of searching for a younger actor to portray Neo, the role that proved that Keanu Reeves had what it took to become an action movie actor.

The fact that they’re opting out of de-aging gives me hope that they won’t go coocoo bananas with the budget again.

Last edited:
The plot thickens.

fantastic :up:

i guess that the reason they are starting to cast actors so fast is because of all the training. months of training.

He's a fantastic actor, so regardless of who he plays, I'm pumped.

Well now it's a party.

Meh. He is good for comedic parts but not for much else.

‘The Matrix 4’: Jada Pinkett Smith In Negotiations To Return To Franchise

4d0XnJN.jpg

Several sources tell us that Jada Pinkett Smith is in current negotiations to return to Warner Bros./Village Roadshow’s The Matrix 4. She played the role of Niobe in parts 2 and 3, The Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions. It is not a done deal yet we hear.

Niobe is from Zion, and the captain of the Logos hovercraft. She’s also one of the rebels in the war against the Machines and the Matrix. In the virtual world of The Matrix, Niobe is a gifted martial artist. Smith’s character Niobe also appeared in the Enter the Matrix videogame and The Matrix Online multiplayer game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"