The Matrix Resurrections

Suddenly, Kristoff being able to speak for Sven makes too much sense.....

At least he won't be lost in the woods anymore. :o

‘The Matrix 4’: ‘Sense8’ & ‘Empire’ Actor Toby Onwumere Joins Sequel
https://deadline.com/tag/toby-onwumere/
Toby Onwumere will be reuniting with Sense8 co-creator Lana Wachowski in the Warner Bros./Village Roadshow sequel The Matrix 4, which is expected to begin filming in 2020.

Onwumere will be joining franchise returnees Keanu Reeves (Neo), Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity), and Jada Pinkett Smith (Niobe) as well as newcomers Jessica Henwick, Neil Patrick Harris, and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, who is rumored to be playing young Morpheus.

Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell are writing the script. Wachowski is producing with Grant Hill.

Onwumere joined the second season of Netflix’s Sense8in the role of Capheus. He also recurred on Season 5 of Fox’s Empire as the love interest and eventual husband of Jamal Lyon.

The untitled Matrix film opens May 21, 2021

John Wick 4 was supposed to open that day too..

pcdC8Br.gif

there is 0% chance that they do this. one studio will change the date.

I'll be honest... I've never seen the second or third films. I literally have no idea what happens after the first one when Neo flies off (The Matrix was almost a perfect movie IMO which is why I chose not to acknowledge the sequels)

Some people say I'm fortunate not to have seen them... others say I'm missing out.

What's the consensus here?

People were expecting material on par with the first which could have been ambiguous but the Wachowskis already had a trilogy in place with this whole universe set up and apparently it was a case of Star Wars prequel-itis. They're not bad films at all but they delve more into the outlandish than the first.

Regardless of what the creators were planning and tried to do, the second and third movie felt unnecessary and vastly inferior to the original. The Matrix should have ended with the first one. A sci-fi cinematic masterpiece. And honesty I do some respect and enjoy aspects of the second movie, but the third one is indeed just bad in so many ways.

That being said I'm curious with what we'll see in a fourth film. But I keep my expectations very much in check.

I'll be honest... I've never seen the second or third films. I literally have no idea what happens after the first one when Neo flies off (The Matrix was almost a perfect movie IMO which is why I chose not to acknowledge the sequels)

Some people say I'm fortunate not to have seen them... others say I'm missing out.

The consensus should be, make up your own mind. What’s a couple of hours that you aren’t just spending online/binging some tv show.

I'd say watch them and if you don't like them, they're easy to ignore. I really like the second one though. The trilogy reminds me of the first three POTC movies.

The consensus should be, make up your own mind. What’s a couple of hours that you aren’t just spending online/binging some tv show.
Yeah this is usually the way I feel about most things... I'm the first to tell people to ignore the critics and judge for yourself. I guess it's just because the first one was SO good and ended perfectly IMO. I am tempted to see 2 and 3. I might cave soon.

I'd say if you want to see Matrix 4 you're going to pretty much have to see the sequels. Even without knowing what the new film is about, I know the Wachowskis stood behind the trilogy and I feel confident they'll be embracing all the lore the sequels added vs. just trying to remake the first movie.

In my opinion, they cheapen and degrade one of the finest sci-fi/action films ever made. Neo learning that he can rewrite the Matrix as he sees fit amounts to absolutely nothing in the first 10 minutes of the second film. He can fly, and stop bullets, but he does literally NOTHING else with this power. Instead of deepening, they go for shlock-shock value to "blow your mind", and it comes off as contrite. The third film undoes a major plot point of the second film, and in the end, nothing it really accomplished. Even the final fight is just garbage. the ONLY fights I will say are solid are Morpheus versus the Twins in part 2 (finally making Morpheus awesome again), and then Captain Laphone versus the entire robot army. That's. About. It.

Honestly, part 4 could basically ignore 3 and 4, and acknowledge that Neo existed, and they are at the same point they were at in part 1 when they found Neo.

I still wouldn't watch it.

I WOULD however recommend watching the Animatrix, which is the only good Matrix anything done since the first film. It tells you the whole backstory about the human/machine war, and honestly did more world-building in those short animated features than we got out of 4 hours of the sequels.

All that being said, WATCH THEM. You may find joy in the them, and if you've sat through 3 lackluster Star Wars prequels, Solo, Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2, Batman Vs. Superman, Man of Steel, Suicide Squad, Justice League, and the last 2 X-Men movies, then you've sat through worse garbage then these. Some people swear by them...I just wasn't feeling them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"