The Matrix Resurrections

They sticking with 4 eh? I'm really surprised this hasn't been subtitled.

I’d bet that if there is a “The Matrix _____” title, it’ll be revealed with the trailer.

The matrix.

No, no, no.

Matrix

tumblr_lpj96pRNq41qapfqco2_250.gifv

So I don't know if this was an error, or an accidental slip or what, but a recent Washington Post interview with Nolan refers to the film as "Matrix X".

Nolan’s plan for the digital rollout of “Tenet” was to talk mainly about the home release of his 11th film. But instead, he finds himself blasting his own studio, Warner Bros., for its decision to kick its entire slate of 2021 films to HBO Max. This isn’t about money, he says. Nolan believes the studio is not only making a business mistake in shifting “Dune,” “Matrix X” and 15 other films to the streaming service. It is betraying the filmmakers.

I really hope we get a first official look from this soon.

Yeah this and Dune need to be theatrical IMO. Wonder Woman should have been too but that movie had already been delayed multiple times. But Dune has only had one trailer that came out a few months ago and we’ve seen nothing from this. I’m fine with delaying the release until we get COVID under control (which could feasibly happen this year since we have adults in charge now).

I don't see the big deal about releasing them on a streaming platform and the cinema at the same time, covid is still forming new strains and in the UK we are back in lockdown for another 2 months with death rates higher than the worst period last year. We are talking about life and death with this thing, these are just movies, some younger people without responsibilities who think this thing can't kill them can go to the cinema, but for many of us it's too big of a risk until we have sustained proof the world has a real grip on this thing.

There's still a long time between now and December, which most think will be at least a bit better by then.

as for the film, I think it definitely should remain a theatrical experience.

There's still a long time between now and December, which most think will be at least a bit better by then.

as for the film, I think it definitely should remain a theatrical experience.

People thought it would be better by this time a year ago and it's worse, like I say why not allow people the option to see it in the way they feel comfortable?

People thought it would be better by this time a year ago and it's worse, like I say why not allow people the option to see it in the way they feel comfortable?
I definitely get that, but the main difference this time is the vaccine. Let's just keep our fingers crossed and see what happens between now and then.

They always have the option to wait and see it at home. No one’s taking that away. Killing theaters, on the other hand, would take away the option for everyone else. And make no mistake, that’s what’s on the line here.

There weren’t people being vaccinated daily last year. December WILL very likely look very different.

Yeah this and Dune need to be theatrical IMO. Wonder Woman should have been too but that movie had already been delayed multiple times. But Dune has only had one trailer that came out a few months ago and we’ve seen nothing from this. I’m fine with delaying the release until we get COVID under control (which could feasibly happen this year since we have adults in charge now).

It was. Unless you want to say Wonder Woman should've been theatrical only, similar to what's apparently desired for Matrix 4.

Seriously, it's like people forget or ignore that WB is releasing their upcoming films both via HBO Max and in theaters where available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"