The Me Too Movement: The Sexual Harassment and Assault Thread

Dan Harmon...

https://twitter.com/davevescio/status/1021434935519805440?s=12

Yeah, I've always assumed he's had enough connections with real people in power that he's protected.

Lmao some of these nerds are wildin out. This dude was 34 too. I can give more of a pass if they were teenagers or even early 20s. But these are 30+ yr old men making these weirdo jokes
Harmon will be alright. He already got by fine after making a coworker uncomfortable and I don't think Adult Swim will care. And I'll still be checking for Rick and Morty

Bobcat Goldthwait said:
“I love @jamesgunn. He’s a loyal friend, super talented, passionate and kind. I wanted to say something, here it is:

Dear @disney, I would hate for you to come off as hypocritical so I’m suggesting that you remove my voice from an attraction that’s coming to your park. It’s called WORLD OF COLOR - VILLAINOUS, and I reprise the role of Pain, a role I played in HERCULES. You see here’s the deal, years ago I made a lot of sarcastically shocking and offensive jokes. Many that I’m embarrassed about now, and I’d hate to make you guys look bad seeing that I’m openly critical of the president and his administration, and you seem to be taking your lead from some of his radical fringe supporters.

I think James Woods may have recorded a voice for this new attraction, too. Why not check out some of his whacky past tweets?! They’re a hoot!

For the record I do stand with survivors of sexual abuse and I was wondering if you guys are still making money off of your movie POWDER? Asking for a friend.
Thanks, Bobcat
”

If that last part sounds as if it's coming from left field, understand that Disney has recently been accused of weeding out members of their company that publicly speak against supporters of Donald Trump, a role for which James Gunn is notoriously known. In the wake of Disney pulling the trigger on Gunn's firing, celebrities the likes of Selma Blair, Dave Bautista, and Joe Carnahan have thrown their support behind a Change.org petition to have Gunn rejoin the Disney brand. As of the posting of this article, the movement has over 209,000 signatures and counting.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/bob...and-against-disney-amid-james-gunn-firing-195

I really doubt Disney will reverse their decision. Itd be an admission that they over reacted way too quickly.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if the far right start attacking Jimmy Kimmel for the Man Show.

they already have attacked Kimmel for the Man Show.

The Man Show is a perfect example of what used to be acceptable.

Fox News jumped all over Kimmel for that during his feud with Hannity.

YouTuber Emplemon did a fantastic video on Kimmel. :halo:

The left, moderates and non extreme conservatives are NEVER going to win an outrage war against the alt right. They can continue to resign from positions and sacrifice their colleagues and employees for past actions that conflict with an organization's morals. But the deplorable won't do the same, because they haven't any.

Lol I read something recently with someone basically complaining that Kimmel pretends to be for women's rights but he made The Man Show. So he was on a comedy show on comedy central...? That same person probably thinks Stephen Colbert switched from being a conservative when he got Late Night...

the show wasnt that bad...FOR ITS TIME... now it would be frowned upon... girls jumping on trampolines... drinking beer...

lets be honest... it was the REAL version of what Trump wanted to call "locker room attitude"... except they never said theyd grab some P etc... as far as I remember...

I also remember many WOMEN thought the show was funny! "well thats guys being guys" and laughing.

It's not something I should laugh at, but I can't help it... Fox News bashes that, but never says a word about O'Reilly and THEIR NETWORK PRESIDENT being ACTUAL bad people.

I remember a skit they did on a Man Show where they set up a booth to end women's sufferage and a lot of people fell for it. If that was done today, there would probably be a lot of outrage

^That sounds absolutely hilarious.

I think The Eric Andre Show could get away with something like that if just because it's so outlandish and ridiculous that it fits the established tone of that show.

the show wasnt that bad...FOR ITS TIME... now it would be frowned upon... girls jumping on trampolines... drinking beer...

lets be honest... it was the REAL version of what Trump wanted to call "locker room attitude"... except they never said theyd grab some P etc... as far as I remember...

I also remember many WOMEN thought the show was funny! "well thats guys being guys" and laughing.

It's not something I should laugh at, but I can't help it... Fox News bashes that, but never says a word about O'Reilly and THEIR NETWORK PRESIDENT being ACTUAL bad people.

I'd say agreed on the last paragraph, but to the first two:

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/d3wj97/the-man-show-jimmy-kimmel-sexist

Man Show had a segment with Jimmy Kimmel, "Guess what's in my pants." And that segment had women openly grabbing his crotch on TV.

Also this:

In this segment, the hosts decide to throw a talent show, which, of course, doesn’t even feign interest in the contestants’ personalities. Most of the talents involve women putting things in their mouths and contorting their bodies in ways that evoke complicated sex positions. After one Juggy showcases that she can "eat an entire banana in one bite," Kimmel leans over and whispers something into Carolla’s ear, who responds out loud, "That’s right, it could be a *****!"

It was definitely a product of its time, and not for the better. For me the most interesting aspect is how different the roads Kimmel and Carolla have taken since.

The Man Show was also a satire of everything in it. They were mocking all of that. Unfortunately the satire part fell on deaf and blind ears and eyes.

The Man Show was also a satire of everything in it. They were mocking all of that. Unfortunately the satire part fell on deaf and blind ears and eyes.

Like people online who still call Robert Downey Jr. "problematic" for doing blackface in Tropic Thunder.

I just saw the video. Its sort of funny when you think about how absurd it is to see a man simulate sex with a naked baby doll, but its really pretty gross.

Im not sure I can post a link as you see Dan Harmon's bare ash.

Hmm... even then, doesn't sound as disgusting as Roiland's Unbelievable Tales.

I'd say agreed on the last paragraph, but to the first two:

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/d3wj97/the-man-show-jimmy-kimmel-sexist

Man Show had a segment with Jimmy Kimmel, "Guess what's in my pants." And that segment had women openly grabbing his crotch on TV.

Also this:

except they willingly did those things... not sure the point you are trying to make. It's like saying Playboy models are victims because they willingly let people take pictures of them.

The show was completely acceptable for its time and some of the jokes are even acceptable now, just just the 'comedians you expect it from' get away with it... etc...

Guarantee you Louis CK will be back doing standup sooner than later... and his situation will be a joke in his set.

It was definitely a product of its time, and not for the better. For me the most interesting aspect is how different the roads Kimmel and Carolla have taken since.

It was a great show for its time, but let's not forget Kimmel has been rightfully anti Trump on his show, not just the internet,

Via THR:

Chris Hardwick will return to 'Talking Dead' After AMC Investigation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"