The Me Too Movement: The Sexual Harassment and Assault Thread

Too bad this will only get reported 1/3rd of the amount that he’s a sexual deviant did. Damage is already done.

This seems similar to the James Gunn situation in that Mr. Hardwick's only "crime" was being a terrible boyfriend. Hopefully James will also get a (non sexual) happy ending.

Too bad this will only get reported 1/3rd of the amount that he’s a sexual deviant did. Damage is already done.

Just because AMC's investigation came up with nothing doesn't mean he didn't sexually assault her. Do you know how hard it is for victims to prove sexual assault in an investigation? Especially when it happened years ago.

In a world where people are getting fired over tweets, I assume AMC’s investigation was very thorough through and through. It’d be actually easier to fire Hardwick at this point.

There’s what she said, there’s what he said. And then there’s what they say and in this case I’ll take their word for it.

Just because AMC's investigation came up with nothing doesn't mean he didn't sexually assault her. Do you know how hard it is for victims to prove sexual assault in an investigation? Especially when it happened years ago.

Yeah that's very true. But I mean there's not mjxb else that can be done. And that's true of a lot of crimes not just sexual ones.
But what else can be done. You can't fire somekne unless you have a huge influx of alleged victims and its obvious

I mean if he's found innocent even if he's not he can't still be punished for it. By the law or at work

I mean if he's found innocent even if he's not he can't still be punished for it. By the law or at work

Even if they didn't find any concrete facts, they probably still could have gotten rid of him. I obviously don't know the exact details of the contract he has with AMC but most companies and brands working with celebrities write clauses in the contract outlining that the celebrity will act in way that presents themselves, and by extension the brand, in a good light.

If for whatever reason that changes and something comes up that disparages the celebrity and the brand, the contract is void and terminated. That's how Disney got rid of James Gunn, hell I've had to do it myself in some of my past positions. Sometimes there may not be definitive facts proving guilt (or innocence) but the bad PR for the brand may outweigh and it's just easier to let that person go then deal with the headache.

Even if they didn't find any concrete facts,they probably still could have gotten rid of him. I obviously don't know the exact details of the contract he has with AMC but most companies and brands working with celebrities write clauses in the contract outlining that the celebrity will act in way that presents themselves, and by extension the brand, in a good light.

If for whatever reason that changes and something comes up that disparages the celebrity and the brand, the contract is void and terminated. That's how Disney got rid of James Gunn, hell I've had to do it myself in some of my past positions. Sometimes there may not be definitive facts proving guilt (or innocence) but the bad PR for the brand may outweigh and it's just easier to let that person go then deal with the headache.
THat's a quick way to get and lose a wrongful termination suit. If you don't have evidence of wrong doing or that he didn't put the company in a bad light how can they justify that? I know about the clauses but it's not gonna take with one claim, no evidence, and a investigation that is a dead end

This post right here is a prime example of how people think and why rumors and hearsay can irreparably destroy a person's life. It doesnt matter that AMC investigated, it doesnt matter that there is no concrete proof, it doesnt matter that he doesnt have a history of sexual abuse or rape...twitter says he is guilty so he's probably guilty. And as far as most people are concerned he will always be on trial for something they think he might have done.

His ex didn't want to press charges, she didn't even want to mention his name (but knew people would find out regardless). She said what she said because she wanted the attention and wanted to see him unhappy because she herself is unhappy and jealous with his success. Plain and simple. Who the hell would complain that they weren't allowed to drink alcohol in front of someone they're with because they're a recovering alcoholic?!

AMC knows this now and that's why they asked him to come back.

Now, I don't know if the allegations against Hardwick are true or not, but one thing about Chloe Dykstra's story that gave me pause, the rule that he didn't want her to drink around him because he's an alcoholic and trying to stay sober.

Is it really such a terrible thing to not want your companion to drink around you? Is that such a horrible boundary to set?

I was actually totally believing her story on my first read, until I read her last paragraph, where she basically blackmailed the guy into an a apology, knowing full well that a mere accusation could ruin his career. You don't just end all that ****, with a, "oh, by the way, you better apologize as the new man you say you are, and if not, I have evidence to prove you otherwise"(paraphrasing, of course).

Still waiting on that audio/video evidence.....

The lack of knowledge about sexual assault and how the cases and victims are handled after they publicly come out is astounding in here.

This post right here is a prime example of how people think and why rumors and hearsay can irreparably destroy a person's life. It doesnt matter that AMC investigated, it doesnt matter that there is no concrete proof, it doesnt matter that he doesnt have a history of sexual abuse or rape...twitter says he is guilty so he's probably guilty. And as far as most people are concerned he will always be on trial for something they think he might have done.

DO YOUR RESEARCH ON SEXUAL ASSAULT CASES! They are the hardest cases to prove for the victims because there is usually little to no evidence, especially cases and incidents that have happened years in the past. So just because they didn't find evidence doesn't invalidate her story or claims.

His ex didn't want to press charges

A majority of sexual assault victims don't press charges because of the nature of our society right now and how we treat victims. They tell themselves no one will believe them, they don't want the unnecessary attention, death threats (especially if the claim is against a high profile person) they don't want to go up against rich men and their unbeatable lawyers leaving them penniless, they're intimidated, they don't want their sexual history (which is completely irrelevant) dragged out in to the open - the list goes on and on.

Our society does absolutely jacks*** to protect and champion victims and does everything in it's power to tear them down to the point where they don't even want to speak out. The idea that women are just out here reporting false claims on the regular is preposterous. There is zero incentive for a woman to make up a false claim because they are the ones that are torn down and lives ruined when reporting sexual assault in the first place.

Also to add something additional to Chris' story - Loeb & Loeb the company AMC hired to do this investigation also represented The Hearst Family Trustees in a previous case.

Lydia Hearst is a member of the Hearst family and Chris' current wife...

Yeah, I would say that it isn't exactly a clean investigation. That is a rather clear conflict of interest.

I don't understand how hiring an investigative attorney is considered a "conflict of interest"? So the Hearst family has experience with a law firm, and they probably referred them to Hardwick, and somehow that's a conflict of interest?

I mean, the person they got has been honored in the past for her practice in the Entertainment field. It just sounds like they got one of the best Lawyers for the job. I don't see any problem with that?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/labor-attorney-ivy-kagan-bierman-824290

What is AMC supposed to do? Maybe they should have gotten another investigator, but if they do and he/she/they don't find sufficient evidence for Dykstra's claims, is Hardwick supposed to prove a negative?

The lack of knowledge about sexual assault and how the cases and victims are handled after they publicly come out is astounding in

What we have is one person's story and another person's story (Hardwick's) that pokes a few holes in her story and is also coroborated by people he knows including ex wives / girlfriends. Would you suggest that Hardwick should just be out of a job indefinitely?

The lack of knowledge about sexual assault and how the cases and victims are handled after they publicly come out is astounding in here.

DO YOUR RESEARCH ON SEXUAL ASSAULT CASES! They are the hardest cases to prove for the victims because there is usually little to no evidence, especially cases and incidents that have happened years in the past. So just because they didn't find evidence doesn't invalidate her story or claims.

A majority of sexual assault victims don't press charges because of the nature of our society right now and how we treat victims. They tell themselves no one will believe them, they don't want the unnecessary attention, death threats (especially if the claim is against a high profile person) they don't want to go up against rich men and their unbeatable lawyers leaving them penniless, they're intimidated, they don't want their sexual history (which is completely irrelevant) dragged out in to the open - the list goes on and on.

Our society does absolutely jacks*** to protect and champion victims and does everything in it's power to tear them down to the point where they don't even want to speak out. The idea that women are just out here reporting false claims on the regular is preposterous. There is zero incentive for a woman to make up a false claim because they are the ones that are torn down and lives ruined when reporting sexual assault in the first place.

First of all, dont yell. Second, yes I've been following these cases since Cosby. Yes I know these cases are often old and physical evidence is rare. Yes I know many cases will not be prosecuted. Yes I know many victims dont think people will believe them. But none of that proves a damn thing about Hardwicke. His ex even claims to have evidence, but hasnt released any of this hypothetical evidence. If she has evidence she should have went to the police first, whether they believe her or not, and she should have evidence of going to the police. If the police refuse to do anything then try other methods if she is telling the truth. Going to Twitter should be the very last method, because it's nothing but a lynch mob looking for a villain. Twitter is not the law of this country. In spite what a lot of people seem to believe currently.

I also know that exes, both male and female, can be petty vindictive *****es that love to talk **** about their exes with anyone that will listen. Frankly that's the impression I get from Hardwicke's ex.

There is a sense that his ex was reaching to make him seem worse than he was. "Oh no the alcoholic didnt let me drink. Boo hoo." And that she is just trying to tear him down to make herself feel better. There is a lack of a record of past abusive behavior. There is a lack of credible corroborating statements from people around them that know them. AMC investigated. There is more to indicate he is innocent rather than guilty.

When she releases the supposed evidence that she claims to have. Goes to the police or credible witnesses come forward then there will be some possibility that something criminal did happen. As of now, we have nothing more than an ex's dubious claim.

I can understand where she's at.

I know when I faked my wife's death, some people would support and believe me and others would look at me and I could tell they were thinking "you're a liar, you're a LIAR! YOU KNOW THERES SOMETHING YOU'RE NOT TELLING US YOU SLIMY, SCUMBAG, LIAR!"

You know, that's what people would say to me. Or they would see my our mutual lover and say "hello" but they'd be really thinking "ah, there goes that MURDERER. YOU GOT AWAY WITH MURDER YOU YOU MURDERING LYING WASTE OF LIFE!"

and to me, people might say things like "LIAR! TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW YOU DAMNED LIAR!" And so to both of us, people all over town would be saying things like "YOU KNOW DAMNED WELL WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR WIFE SO STOP ACTING LIKE VICTIMS AND CONFESS YOU MURDERING MURDERERS! CONFESS! LIAR! CONFESS!"

So yeah, my heart goes out to her.

I can understand where she's at.

I know when I faked my wife's death, some people would support and believe me and others would look at me and I could tell they were thinking "you're a liar, you're a LIAR! YOU KNOW THERES SOMETHING YOU'RE NOT TELLING US YOU SLIMY, SCUMBAG, LIAR!"

You know, that's what people would say to me. Or they would see my our mutual lover and say "hello" but they'd be really thinking "ah, there goes that MURDERER. YOU GOT AWAY WITH MURDER YOU YOU MURDERING LYING WASTE OF LIFE!"

and to me, people might say things like "LIAR! TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW YOU DAMNED LIAR!" And so to both of us, people all over town would be saying things like "YOU KNOW DAMNED WELL WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR WIFE SO STOP ACTING LIKE VICTIMS AND CONFESS YOU MURDERING MURDERERS! CONFESS! LIAR! CONFESS!"

So yeah, my heart goes out to her.

I understand your feelings, Mr Stotch... But we must stick together.

Chloe Dykstra's insistence that she just wants to move on reminds me of the way the Kardashians will demand privacy when they're going through a scandal. Once you'be invited the public into your life its scrutiny of your behavior doesn't just end because you want it to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"