The Metallica appreciation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLAS said:
Orion is a great song

I second that and say that Master of Puppets was the greatest Rock Ballad ever.. It will kick any other songs ash :o

Metallica still OWN all with their live shows :o

And Im waiting for the new album, now with Rob in the band :up:

Metallica is just about the best live act out there.

Funny I should see this thread just as I start playing Unforgiven.

JLBats said:
Funny I should see this thread just as I start playing Unforgiven.

LoL..They have a 24hr All Metallica Radio in AOL..But the damn thing jus doesnt work in my computer :o :mad:

*in Hetfield grunty voice*

yeah!!!!

Which song do you guys think is the best lyrics wise?

ManHunter said:
mettalica kinda sucks.

And this is a metallica appreciation thread..Dont post here if you dont like them :up:

Not a big metal fan, but Metallica is clearly a talented group, and very versatile as their history has illustrated.

maybe this is more fitting. i dont appreciate thier music. the only song of thiers i liked was the MI@ soundtrack. or was it the original?

ManHunter said:
mettalica kinda sucks.
If you are going to criticize a band you should atleast make an effort to spell the bands name correctly.

Equinox said:
Which song do you guys think is the best lyrics wise?

Lyric wise? Well, I have to say James best lyrics were from RTL to And Justice For All. I'll go a bit further and say The Unforgiven is his lyrical masterpiece, but anything from RTL to And Justice For All is great in terms of lyrics and musicianship.

LastSunrise1981 said:
Lyric wise? Well, I have to say James best lyrics were from RTL to And Justice For All. I'll go a bit further and say The Unforgiven is his lyrical masterpiece, but anything from RTL to And Justice For All is great in terms of lyrics and musicianship.
I beg to differ, Master Of Puppets interwines all the songs into one theme, and the lyrics are just incredible

lyrically I prefer everything from TBA forward because it's more personnal and can have many different meanings for many different people, as opposed to the political stuff from ajfa back.

I think Fade to black was one of their best lyrical songs from their early days.. and Unforgiven from TBA.. But the most heartfelt song that James has written is Mama said

jks said:
lyrically I prefer everything from TBA forward because it's more personnal and can have many different meanings for many different people, as opposed to the political stuff from ajfa back.
specially "trapped under ice" which reffers to that oh-so-personal situation of being trapped under ice, you know, that's a song I can relate to on a very personal level

and let's not talk about "creeping death" which narrates the death of all the first born sons of the egypitan as told by the bible, yup, all those times that I have painted the door of my house with blood of a lamb I had just sacrificed, good times indeed

what about the title track? yes, every time I am put on the electric chair I even sing that song, just to make the experience a little bit more amusing?

did I tell you about the time I was fighting in the spanish civil war next to Ernest Hemmingway? well, we were cranking up "for whom the bell tolls" that time, and we drank like thirsty pillagers, yes we did

forget about this, I clearly read the wrong album.... I thought it was RTL

The only Metallica CD I have was the black album and my mom stole it from me....that *****. What other CD's should I get?

Mr. Edward Hyde said:
The only Metallica CD I have was the black album and my mom stole it from me....that *****. What other CD's should I get?

If you like the heavy stuff.. Master of puppets and Ride the lightning..You can get And justice for all(One is my fav song in that)..

For the lighter stuff.. Load and Reload :(

Master of Puppets is a must :o

Equinox said:
If you like the heavy stuff.. Master of puppets and Ride the lightning..You can get And justice for all(One is my fav song in that)..

For the lighter stuff.. Load and Reload :(

Master of Puppets is a must :o
I used to have some of the Ride the lightning and Master of puppets stuff downloaded and On a CD, but it got scratched. I like the heavy stuff better.:o

Mr. Edward Hyde said:
I used to have some of the Ride the lightning and Master of puppets stuff downloaded and On a CD, but it got scratched. I like the heavy stuff better.:o

Everyone likes the heavier stuff better :D

It defines Metallica :o

Equinox said:
Everyone likes the heavier stuff better :D

It defines Metallica :o
Yeah, but songs like fuel are catchy.

What about the song they recorded for the mission impossible soundtrack, was that every put on another CD besides that one?

Mr. Edward Hyde said:
Yeah, but songs like fuel are catchy.

What about the song they recorded for the mission impossible soundtrack, was that every put on another CD besides that one?

No.. They considered putting it on the st. anger cd at one point.. But they decided against it for some reason

Equinox said:
No.. They considered putting it on the st. anger cd at one point.. But they decided against it for some reason
Bastards! I love that song! :down:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"