Batman '89 The Michael Keaton Appreciation Thread

dude love said:
Way to give the detailed explanation that guys like KevinRoegle and the doc give as to why Keaton was Batman. No, really guys bravo!

(best Elvis voice):' thank ya...thank ya very much.":whatever:

El Payaso said:
Batman's a good superhero.Totally not Keaton, but a good actor superhero.

Wow,that was profound.Especially the last sentence."Actor Superhero"- must be a new term in the industry.

Bruce_Wayne29 said:
Keaton on Letterman talking about how he always shows up dressed up as Batman on set regardless of what movie he's doing...lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QjtvRv9xt0&mode=related&search=

"It's about a code that theorizes Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. I reprise my role as Batman"

I.... can't..... breathe..... my..... ribs.... hurt..... so... much......

P.S. Silentflute, you dare roll your eyes at me, when you can't so much as back up your points?

loool yeah the guy is hillarious. I love how he always finds a way to mention Batman in all his interviews. Loved the one where he talked about convincing his son not to dress up as Superman on Halloween and go instead as Batman to make him proud...loool

Silentflute should stay SILENT like their screenname says. :meow:

dude love said:
P.S. Silentflute, you dare roll your eyes at me, when you can't so much as back up your points?

I dare.Here it is again::whatever:

Waste of time for me to go into detail as to why Keaton isn't/wasn't Batman -it's been done on these boards before on numerous ocassions.Anybody who really knows anything about Batman can tell ya why,but since you obviously need me to spell things out for you....I'll be brief:

-Keaton does not physically resemble Bruce Wayne.In fact, in many ways he's the antithesis.Al Pacino is a phenomenal actor,but no matter how great he is, you don't cast him as Superman.

-Keaton did not attempt to play the millionaire playboy persona that is essential to Bruce Wayne.Instead he opted for a spaced out, insecure and distracted guy.

-Keaton was not menacing as Batman.Granted he was brooding and did change his voice, but he never came across as a dangerous man.He was just ...funny.

All of this leads to the fundemental problems with Tim Burton:the man just doesn't get Batman.He dolled up the entire production with a "gothic" feel and bad ash suit, but in the end, it was still just plain ol' hilarious.And quite honestly,if I'm looking for chuckles off of Batman, I'll just watch the tV show(which I have a deep appreciation for, because at least they didn't try to hide the fact that it was all played for laughs).

Batattack said:

Man,that was original.Must have taken a lot of thought too.Ever consider a career in stand up?

Batattack said:

Silence is so relative.

Now you don't come and say you're actually reading.

silentflute said:
Man,that was original.Must have taken a lot of thought too.Ever consider a career in stand up?
Ahaha. :wish:

To Payaso: No, I'm just bored. ;)

Bizzaro Batwing6655 said:

Waste of time for me to go into detail as to why Keaton isn't/wasn't Batman -it's been done on these boards before on numerous ocassions.Anybody who really knows anything about Batman can tell ya why,but since you obviously need me to spell things out for you....I'll be brief:

-Keaton does not physically resemble Bruce Wayne.In fact, in many ways he's the antithesis.Al Pacino is a phenomenal actor,but no matter how great he is, you don't cast him as Superman.

-Keaton did not attempt to play the millionaire playboy persona that is essential to Bruce Wayne.Instead he opted for a spaced out, insecure and distracted guy.

-Keaton was not menacing as Batman.Granted he was brooding and did change his voice, but he never came across as a dangerous man.He was just ...funny.

All of this leads to the fundemental problems with Tim Burton:the man just doesn't get Batman.He dolled up the entire production with a "gothic" feel and bad ash suit, but in the end, it was still just plain ol' hilarious.And quite honestly,if I'm looking for chuckles off of Batman, I'll just watch the tV show(which I have a deep appreciation for, because at least they didn't try to hide the fact that it was all played for laughs).
Dude, we have a Christian Bale vs. Keaton thread. Why come into a "Michael Keaton APPRECIATION Thread" and try to bring us down? Not cool man, not cool. :down:

Batattack said:
Dude, we have a Christian Bale vs. Keaton thread. Why come into a "Michael Keaton APPRECIATION Thread" and try to bring us down? Not cool man, not cool. :down:

Uhm...If you look back and actually read my first post, I was in fact appreciative of Keaton's skills as an actor.

Someone requested I back up my statement about him not being right for Batman...and I graciously indulged him.Folks shouldn't open up a can of worms and then proceed to tell me to take it some place else.Not cool dude.:down:

batman_returns_wallpaper_ba.jpg

Payaso, I'd appreciate you not confronting those who will undoubtedly fight. At least, not in my thread. This one got to three pages without fighting.... I'd like it to continue.

silentflute said:

That's what I wanted to see. Thank you.

P.S. My smiley > Your smiley.
43507debpee.gif

........... :whatever:..................

DocLathropBrown said:
Payaso, I'd appreciate you not confronting those who will undoubtedly fight. At least, not in my thread. This one got to three pages without fighting.... I'd like it to continue.

You got this done. :up:

The acting in B89 was more natural to me BB was good but the pretentious long winded speeches get boring after repeated viewing keatons odd absentminded and quirky Wayne was completely fresh and interesting the thing with his performance is you can see the intelligence of Bruce wayne behind his quirky demeanor and it is more believable that he has the drive (or is it madness?) to don a cape and cowl to fight crime. The big issue with all the keatons haters will alwaysbe his physical appearance but im willing to look beyond that i love the fact that Keatons wayne is the absolutly last person you would EVER think could be Batman

Keaton Rocks. Keaton Rocks. Keaton Rocks. Keaton Rocks. Keaton Rocks.

Batattack said:
So you like him, huh? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"