The most memorable moments in Sports for 2007

Celtics acquire Garnett and Allen in the offseason.
Red Sox, after an 80 year drought, win their second World Series in three years.
Patriots tie the Dolphins 14-0 record
J.S. Giguere's stellar performance in the NHL Playoffs
Michael Vick-needs no explanation.
Bruins goaltender Tukka Rask becomes only the second goalie in history to get a shutout in an NHL debut.
Rob and Scott Nidermayer become the first brothers to hoist the Cup since 1983 when Brett and Duane Sutter did it with the Islanders.

Watching Rex and the Bears put together a hurry-up, no huddle drive early in the 1st quarter against the Giants a couple weeks back. It wasn't anything special, but for some reason it was just a complete blast to watch after such a disappointing season. Watching it with my dad also helped.

Watching Rex and the Bears put together a hurry-up, no huddle drive early in the 1st quarter against the Giants a couple weeks back. It wasn't anything special, but for some reason it was just a complete blast to watch after such a disappointing season. Watching it with my dad also helped.

Yeah thats a good one one, I remember watching that and just smiling. Too bad they abandoned it, and then Rex got hurt next week. But still, for even just one drive, it was fun to watch something actually work on offense.

MLB:

1. Mitchell Report
2. Colorado Rockies winning 14 of 15 to make it to the playoffs
3. Red Sox winning their second WS in 4 years

NFL:

1. Spygate and Patriots dominance.
2. Michael Vick
3. Sean Taylor

NBA:

1. Celtics rise to the top
2. Tim Donaghy
3. Isiah Thomas

NHL:

1. Ducks hoist Stanley Cup for first time in franchise history.
2. Marian Gaborik's 5 goal game(happened tonight)
3. Red Wings great season.

- Mets Collapse
- Padres Collapse
- Rockies Miracle run.
- The Boise State game
- Russell Martin being elected to the AS game
- Joe Torre signing

Mets collapse (it hurt so bad)

The Mitchell Report

Boise State/Oklahoma (best college football game I have ever watched)

the Isiah Thomas saga

E:60 piece on Kenyan runners

1. 2007 Patriots season(undefeated, spy gate, MEGA resurgance of Randy Moss, passing and recieving td record chases)

CLOSE 2: Sean Taylor death: the latest incident of the good dying young; theyll be saying "remember how good sean taylor was/woulda been before he died" for the next century.

distant 3: Mike Vick....his homies really got him.

4. Red Sox....2004 was NO fluke!

Michigan - App State
Statue of Liberty play from Boise
Bonds breaks record
Mitchell report

1. 2007 Patriots season(undefeated, spy gate, MEGA resurgance of Randy Moss, passing and recieving td record chases)

CLOSE 2: Sean Taylor death: the latest incident of the good dying young; theyll be saying "remember how good sean taylor was/woulda been before he died" for the next century.

distant 3: Mike Vick....his homies really got him.

4. Red Sox....2004 was NO fluke!

...Sterioids

Michael Vick appearing in court in a pinstripe jail suit that he had custom made for like 10 grand and pleading guilty was quiet possibly the greatest thing ever.

Knowshon Moreno in and of himself was a memorable moment...

[YT]1wRfHpzdmg8[/YT]

I'd also like to add this as the best moment in sports this year for us Tampa Bay fans;

[YT]7FxEfR-u1M8[/YT]

steroids have beem huge in baseball for a while; i wouldnt consider them a big event in 2007.

One of the dumbest moments of '07...Georgia and Alabama are in overtime, and Mike Patrick seems more concerned about Britney.

[YT]EZUB3eJOTos[/YT]

The Ravens emotional collapse while nearly upsetting the Patriots will be a moment I'll probably never forget.

The Ravens emotional collapse while nearly upsetting the Patriots will be a moment I'll probably never forget.

Yeah, emotional collapse does not do that game justice. That was a complete disaster. Baltimore had that game, but some how some way Belicheat survived. Damn Rex Ryan calling timeout!

Jared Allen leading the NFL in sacks.
The rise of KU football/Todd Reesing as Heisman dark-horse/Putting up 76 on Nebraska
The revival of the Cleveland Browns
Red Sox postseason blitz
Julian Wright scoring 33 against Mizzou
Lord Stanley hoisted by team that owes existance to Emilio Estevez movie.

Note that I stuck with happy stories.

Since the football season is over I have to add one to mine

Devin Hester breaking his own record of return TDs.

- Pats going 16-0 :up:
- Sean Taylor :csad:
- Indy/Pats
- Cows/Pats
- Bears missing playoffs after going to SB last year :lmao:
- Vick

that's about it for me

in addition....seeing Roger Clemens become a big fat liar....

I don't know. I'm leaning towards believing Clemens on that.

- Bears missing playoffs after going to SB last year :lmao:

A lot of teams miss the playoffs after going to the Super Bowl. The Patriots first Super Bowl victory was followed by missing the playoffs. So I really don't see how that's funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"