The most memorable moments in Sports for 2007

good evidence??? so what is The mitchell report??? a paperweight...? im certainly more willing to believe an independent investigation run by a reputable guy like George Mitchell as opposed to a walking *****ebag like Roger Clemens....

That is the problem with thebaseball fans and others looking in on this whole situation. People can't put aside their personal feelings for Clemens in this issue. Some people hate him because he was a Yankee, some people hate him for leaving the Red Sox, some people hate him for pitching just whenever he feels like it and some people hate him because of all the above. But all that doesn't make a difference, it doesn't give anyone a real legal advantage when it comes to the situation he is in now with McNamee.

You say why believe a walking *****ebag like Clemens. Why believe a guy who is looking more and more like he lied about Clemens so he could get out of jail? He could get any other player, give up everyone else and be right about it, but if he didn't connect Clemens to this he would be going back to jail no matter what. I'm sure he had his own personal reasons other than just not wanting to go back to jail (which is probably reason enough). From the sound of it, his son is in real bad shape, dying or something. Try not to just take the word of anyone bad mouthing a person just because it happens to be a player you've hated for years. People keep comparing it to what happened with Bonds, but this is completely different. There are things that happened to Bonds physically that are impossible to explain without him having taken steroids/HGH.

good evidence??? so what is The mitchell report??? a paperweight...? im certainly more willing to believe an independent investigation run by a reputable guy like George Mitchell as opposed to a walking *****ebag like Roger Clemens....

The Mitchell Report only says the Clemens allegedly took Steroids. It doesn't prove anything yet.

That is the problem with thebaseball fans and others looking in on this whole situation. People can't put aside their personal feelings for Clemens in this issue. Some people hate him because he was a Yankee, some people hate him for leaving the Red Sox, some people hate him for pitching just whenever he feels like it and some people hate him because of all the above. But all that doesn't make a difference, it doesn't give anyone a real legal advantage when it comes to the situation he is in now with McNamee.

You say why believe a walking *****ebag like Clemens. Why believe a guy who is looking more and more like he lied about Clemens so he could get out of jail? He could get any other player, give up everyone else and be right about it, but if he didn't connect Clemens to this he would be going back to jail no matter what. I'm sure he had his own personal reasons other than just not wanting to go back to jail (which is probably reason enough). From the sound of it, his son is in real bad shape, dying or something. Try not to just take the word of anyone bad mouthing a person just because it happens to be a player you've hated for years. People keep comparing it to what happened with Bonds, but this is completely different. There are things that happened to Bonds physically that are impossible to explain without him having taken steroids/HGH.

I could care less if it was clemens or not.....i am just more inclined to believe the report than I am to believe a guy who took a whole week to respond to what he says are false allegations.....someone calls me a liar, I am talking to the press ASAP and making sure people know that i am truthful...if not steroids, there is something that Clemens is hiding

Ask any lawyer and every single one of them would advise against doing just what you wanted Clemens to do until both of them know the full extent of EVERYTHING in the given situation. No lawyer would let you, guilty or innocent, go out the next day and make that scene in front of the media. Clemens' lawyer explained that, as well as other legal analysts who have been following this as well and agreed. It's just not the way it works with lawyers. But right now Clemens is doing everything that a person who is innocent of these accusations should be doing and is actually going to be helped in that situation by having to go to Congress and state on the record under oath what happened. If he is innocent, then it's the best possible thing for him to do. Seriously what more could he possibly do at this point?

Clemens is going to go to Congress and lie to them too....maybe its because he really believes he did nothing wrong or that there is more going on here than we all know. I think there is more to the relationship between Clemens and this trainer guy than anyone thinks.....that recorded conversation was really odd

It was odd because the one thing everyone wanted to hear to know if Clemens was lying or McNammee was lying was one of the things Clemens couldn't ask. He couldn't answer that "Tell me what you want to do" question that McNamee was constantly asking him because that could be see as coercing a federal witness and that opens up a whole new book of problems for Clemens if he had done that.

I see Clemens going to Congress and pulling a McGuire....

Umm no. Him stating publicly, bluntly and repeatedly that he never took steroids/HGH is already going farther than McGuire ever did to defend himself. Thats if you want to call what McGuire did "defending himself". Basically he just disappeared and refused to talk about the past. Clemens is doing the exact opposite of that.

Clemens is going to hide in plain sight....he'll bluster and say over and over he didnt do 'roids....I just don't believe him...at least he'll never get into the HOF...thats good enough for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"