Sequels The Most Touchy Thread Ever......

Still A ThorFan

Sidekick
Reaction score
As most of us have heard or read Spiderman 3 may be Tobey's Maguire's last run as Peter Parker/Spiderman. Rumor has it that Jake Gyllenhaal might be the next choice to play the main role. However, the recent buzz going around hollywood is that JG might be gay.

If this proves to be true and JG goes public with it, do you think Sony/Marvel would still want to cast him in the role? Would you still want him to play Peter Parker Spiderman?

As most of us have heard or read Spiderman 3 may be Tobey's Maguire's last run as Peter Parker/Spiderman. Rumor has it that Jake Gyllenhaal might be the next choice to play the main role. However, the recent buzz going around hollywood is that JG might be gay.

If this proves to be true and JG goes public with it, do you think Sony/Marvel would still want to cast him in the role? Would you still want him to play Peter Parker Spiderman?

I wouldn't have a problem with it, although he's not my first choice to replace the Tobes, gay or not.

This is probably the worst thread i have ever posted in....and i've posted in plenty of my own threads....

:o

You know this all traces back to BBM, though. I wonder if he regrets making that movie now, heh'.

Apparently, so the media has been saying, if Tobey steps down from Spidey 4, Joseph Gordon-Levitt had been named as one of the possible replacements.

no i wouldnt want him to play peter parker
it disgusts me, I'd throw up

I can't stand Jake Gyllenhaal, I would hate to see him as Spidey whether he is gay or not. Sophia Bush for MJ!

Does it really matter? Has our society become so shallow that we won't allow a gay man to play a part? Hello, he's an ACTOR. Whether he's gay or not, he's PAID to act like he's not. Who cares what he's like off set? That's not what you're going to see on the big screen.

Sometimes the amount of homophobia in our society scares me. So what, some guys like other guys, why does that affect me? It's not stopping me from going out and living my life. It's not like they're saying, "Hey! You can't date women anymore!"

It sounds like its just a rumor. Has he actually come out of the closet? One should not judge based off of rumors.

Does it really matter? Has our society become so shallow that we won't allow a gay man to play a part? Hello, he's an ACTOR. Whether he's gay or not, he's PAID to act like he's not. Who cares what he's like off set? That's not what you're going to see on the big screen.

Sometimes the amount of homophobia in our society scares me. So what, some guys like other guys, why does that affect me? It's not stopping me from going out and living my life. It's not like they're saying, "Hey! You can't date women anymore!"
Great post. I can never wrap my head around homophobes. "Hey! You two guys are making each other happy and it affects me in no way whatsoever! I wanna KILL you!" One guy I know told me if he ever knew someone that was gay, he would kill them. He would kill a gay man, then go to prison and probably have gay sex just so some gay guy he barely knows wouldn't be around him 20 years after he gets out of prison. And every time I ask a homophobe if he likes lesbians, of course they say yes not realizing how much of a hypocrite they are.

gaylordvf4.jpg

Yeah sorry it's not a new thing
and yes, it still is a big deal

Great post. I can never wrap my head around homophobes. "Hey! You two guys are making each other happy and it affects me in no way whatsoever! I wanna KILL you!" One guy I know told me if he ever knew someone that was gay, he would kill them. He would kill a gay man, then go to prison and probably have gay sex just so some gay guy he barely knows wouldn't be around him 20 years after he gets out of prison. And every time I ask a homophobe if he likes lesbians, of course they say yes not realizing how much of a hypocrite they are.

There is no hypocracy involved. Homophobes usually are just anti- anti-sex behavior. So if a guy is acting like a girl, gross. If a girl is acting like a butch guy, gross. If a hot normal girl does things with another hot normal girl.. That's just hot. Those are our standards

They should cast him. Gay or not he looks the part of the classic Peter Parker more than Tobey and is a talented actor

TobyJake.jpg

TobyJake2.jpg

well look the part or not, he is one ugly mofo.

Here's the thing, if you're Sony and in charge of a huge billion dollar franchise, would you really want to hire a gay dude and alienate all your viewers?

I thought he was banging Kirsten Dunst???

I don't know what all this BS gay talk is aobut, but, I am just not a fan of him in the role, in general

Since when have the rumors started popping up that he's gay? I was in a store yesterday and saw the latest issue of some magazine that had him and Reese Witherspoon on the cover... i don't remember the exact headline, but it was something along the lines of "What Made Reese Fall for Jake" or something...

Besides, I still don't see what the big deal is. Ian McKellan has been gay for a long, long time and is very open abou it. Yet he's still bad-ass as Magneto and everyone likes him... so what's the problem?

Uhh...Jake's not gay. He dated Kirsten Dunst and he's now romantically linked to Reese Witherspoon. Where the hell did the gay rumors start?

I don't give a flyin flip what Jakey's sexual orientation is. He has to be able:cwink: to dance better than Mr. Maguire

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"