The Multiversers - OOC

Catman_prb

Sad Clown
Reaction score
countdownarenacropped.jpg

The Multiversers RPG
GM: Catman_prb​

THE RPG

A group of heroes from different realities within the DC multiverse have been plucked out of their time stream by a mysterious entity known only as Chronos. Chronos will only let them return after a set number of missions as his vassals. Forced to band together as team known as the Chosen they do what Chronos can not; they enter unstable timelines to fix problems that threaten the multiverse and lend what help they can to the citizens of that reality. If they survive their mission, they hope for only one thing - to make it home.

THE MISSION

Earth-25 is a universe where the villains of Earth united under a mysterious leader known as Titan. The villainous have conquered the Earth, but split up into various different factions dividing up the world into virtual feudal states. Titan's forces hold the Americas, Ra's Al Ghul's men run rampant in the African subcontinent and Vandal Savage rules his empire from the ruined city of Paris. Of the heroes that survived the massacre, the meta-humans are held in stasis in a giant prison complex that was formerly Manhattan, a group of human heroes are leading a resistance movement in the Southern United States, and scores have submitted themselves to the new regime. The news that worries Chronos is thus - Titan has learned of an ancient Martian device hidden somewhere on Earth that will allow his mad empire to spread to other parts of the multiverse. The Chosen must stop him.

RUNDOWN
  • Characters to be played may be pre-existing characters within the DC universe, or they may be custom-created characters. Though information for custom characters MUST be much more detailed and thoughtout. As always, the GM has the right to refuse any character if they deem them too powerful or the like. Custom-created character must not be a god, deity, or beings such as SHAZAM or Tyrant. As for custom-created characters, think of them as Elseworlds or What If... characters. I.E. similar to the original copy, yet different.
  • There are two types of character in this game. The first are Chosen Characters - characters who have been chosen by Chronos to defend the multiverse. The second are Mission Related Characters - characters who are from Earth-25, who can eitehr be allies of the Chosen or villains. Both types of character are played the same, but the distinction is worth noting.
  • This is a short term RPG, the rules of which can be found elsewhere. This means that this RPG has a lifespan of 3 months MAXIMUM, starting from when the GM puts the IC thread up. Be aware, and plan accordingly.
  • The GM of this RPG will be more involved than usual. Whilst they will not be picking up a character themselves, they will play NPCs important to the mission. Since the RPG has such a limited lifespan, the GM reserves the right to bunny player characters IF they do not post in the space of a week. We don't want to get bogged down.
  • You are your character, so act like it. Talk like them, use their dialouge. Do not exaggerate your powers, or pop-up here and there without explanation. BE Your character.
  • If you want to take part in this, just fill out an app and your name and character will appear on the roster, pending approval...

RULES
  • This is a working environment, so you can travel to different places using your powers or vehicles. Don't miraculously pop up unless you're a teleporter or such.
  • Don't do anything RANDOM like chopping off board user's heads or what not, unless your a villain chopping off inanimate victims heads, then whatever, go with it, as long as it's not technically RANDOM. Don't kill people without reason. Don't randomly kill NPC's. Do NOT kill other Player Characters unless specifically asked by the player to do so.
  • You know your weaknesses and strengths, what you can do or can't. Hellboy will lose against Thanos one on one, but may be able to use his allies to help him out or he can run away.
  • If there is a problem between you and another player, or if you have question's please talk to the Gamemaster.
  • There should be MINIMAL cussing and swearing in posts. There will be NO By-passing the censors. This is a Hype rule, and NO exceptions will be made for the RPG.
  • No obscene topics!
  • Do NOT criticize another poster’s character. We are not all as skilled as Gaiman or Shakespeare. Constructive criticism is okay as long as it is not offensive. This rule applies even if a poster asks for feedback.
  • The Gamemaster has the final say in matters of character acceptance. You are welcome to alter the character to make it less powerful or more creative, but arguing with the Gamemaster is not productive, not to mention something that you will not win. This is a game, let it be fun.
  • People who disobey these rules, some more major than the others, will get BOOTED by the Gamemaster. Further problems will cause HYPE! Mods to get involved, which usually leads to user bannings, or the more severe IP Address banning.
The Multiversers RPG
Character Application

Character's name (in the font you plan to use for them):

Powers and attributes:

Origin and backstory (please state whether you are playing one of the Chosen or a MRC):

Universe history (Chosen characters only):

How is this character different from the mainstream version?:

What can you bring to the game?:

Sample Post (write a sample post as your character that is at least 4 paragraphs long, with at least one line of dialogue):

Last edited:
ROSTER

Heroes of the Multiverse
The Chosen

Plastic Man (Patrick O'Brien)
MST3K 4ever

The Question (Victor Sage)
RamsesIII​

The Red Lantern (Kai-ro)
Bounce​

Superman (Conner Kent/Kon-El/Project Kr)
Batman

Wonder Girl (Kara Zor-El)
J'adore

Heroes of Earth-25

Batman (Bruce Wayne)
Carnage27​

Citizen Steel (Nathan Heywood)
trustyside-kick​

The Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Byrd Man​

Villains of Earth-25

Deadshot (Floyd Lawton)
PPbarker​

(last updated 22/01/2011)

Last edited:
Okay people, I've updated the mission story, as we discussed. I've also got a few rules specific to this kind of short-term RPG that I've highlighted in red. I'll put the IC thread up once enough people have signed up. It's all you now.

Hey everyone! Let's pop my cherry!

¨The Multiversers RPG
Character Application

Character's name (in the font you plan to use for them): Floyd Lawton, Deadshot

Powers and attributes: Floyd Lawton possessed no superhuman powers but was however a master marksman with any type of firearm. He was also an extremely capable hand-to-hand fighter. Since the villains took over Earth-25, however, Lawton has been 'enhanced' with powers that include heightened strength (Not Superman level, however), speed (Not Flash level), agility and stamina, as well as a very rapid healing factor.

Origin and backstory (please state whether you are playing one of the Chosen or a MRC): This character is a MRC.

The Floyd Lawton of Earth-25 was no different than his counterpart from the main DC Universe. A member of the Secret Six, Lawton spent his time smoking cigarettes, sleeping with women he didn't know the names of and killing people for money.

When the villains of the world united under the mysterious Titan, the Secret Six were quick to join the fight alongside the heroes. The team was an asset to the side of angels, as they undertook sabotage missions that quickly garnered the attention of Titan's forces. Lawton was approached by Titan's men, one day, and offered a deal. Realizing the heroes' days were numbered, Lawton agreed.

Killing the Secret Six was the hardest thing Lawton had ever done. Not because they were his friends. To Lawton, his friends was only as good as the last paycheck.

One by one he murdered his former teammates, but not without getting few scratches of his own. Ragdoll bit off four of Lawton's fingers. After his fight with Jeanette he suffered from massive brain hemorrhage. Scandal Savage took out one of his eyes. Bane broke almost every bone in Lawton's body before breaking his back. But he killed them all. And every time he was seemingly down for the count, Titan mended his wounds and made him better.

It was in his fight with Catman that he sustained his greatest injuries.

Now, Deadshot hunts down the world's remaining heroes for the various leaders of Earth-25. He has become the consummate hunter, a master jailer and a ruthless killing machine.

Universe history (Chosen characters only): N/A

How is this character different from the mainstream version?: He has gone way over the line he so masterfully walks in the Secret Six comics. He is very much evil, very much done with any notion of 'Walking the Line'. What's done is done and all that's left now is finishing what he started.

What can you bring to the game?: A new face, a new set of hands, a new voice and plenty of other things from my collection of body parts. I like comics and I enjoy RPing a great deal, so hopefully I can also bring some fun.

Sample Post (write a sample post as your character that is at least 4 paragraphs long, with at least one line of dialogue):

"You son of a *****!
"

Thomas Blake had been shouting for the last two hours. His voice was down to jagged croaks, and every word felt like daggers in his throat. But it didn't matter, because Floyd Lawton's eardrums ruptured more than 40 minutes ago.

"Just die, you piece of ****!" Blake growled as his broken fist collided with Lawton's face for what had to be the two hundredth time. "Why won't you DIE?!"

Thomas Blake had been viciously beating his former teammate, a man he thought to be a friend, for the last 120 minutes. The two had been through countless battles together, saved each other many times, but at the end of the day Lawton was still only loyal to the biggest paycheck. The betrayal cut through Blake's very being, but the thing that made him angrier than anything else.....at no point during the last two hours had Lawton fought back.

He had appeared before Blake, unarmed and in his uniform, after having taken the life of every other member of the Secret Six, and said "I guess I have some things comin' to me. Go ahead."

Floyd Lawton's head no longer had anything comparable to a face. Every bone in his body was broken. His neck had been broken twice in the last two hours, he had been stabbed over 400 times and almost all of his ribs had at one time punctured his lungs and heart.

And still Thomas Blake kept on. Bringing down all of his anger and hurt down onto Floyd Lawton, he had become a whirlwind of destruction. In fact, he was so blinded by hate that he had not noticed when Floyd attached a very small explosive charge to his back. It was not even big enough to blow down a door, but placed directly behind the heart it was enough to blow down a man.

"Ssss...ssfffsss...fffsssssooo....."

BOOM

The Multiversers RPG
Character Application

Character's name (in the font you plan to use for them): Hal Jordan/The Green Lantern

Powers and attributes: Formerly, Hal had the power of the Green Lantern Corps' power ring at his disposal. Now Hal relies on his survival skills and military training to help lead the Corps.

Origin and backstory (please state whether you are playing one of the Chosen or a MRC): MRC

A former Air Force fighter pilot turned test pilot, Hal Jordan was flying a test plane when a strange, emerald energy sucked him from the cockpit and took him to a downed alien spaceship and the deathbed of Abin Sur, an officer in the Green Lantern Corps. Sur gave Hal Jordan his power ring as he died. Jordan was inducted into the corps and became one of the greatest Green Lanterns in the history of the corps.

Years later, when Titan and his band of villains made their play for the Earth, Titan allied himself with the entity known as Parallax. Parallax possessed the former Green Lantern Sinestro and went on a murderous rampage that mirrored Hal's own rampage years earlier. Sinestro and Parallax destroyed countless numbers of Green Lanterns and their power batteries. Going so far as to destroy the main power battery on Oa.

With their rings losing power and no batteries to be found, Hal led a small group of GLC survivors to Earth to search for the battery of deceased Green Lantern Guy Gardner. Their rings soon shorted out, leaving the group to rely on their wits instead of willpower. They now have joined the resistance and assist the fight as best they can while still looking for the last GLC battery.

How is this character different from the mainstream version?: Well, Hal doesn't have his powers anymore. He's leading the GLC, or what's left of it, as they try to survive and keep the corps alive.

What can you bring to the game?: Decent enough RPer with experience in the games.

Baltimore, Maryland

I pull the pickup into the parking garage and slide into the first spot I can find. Dressed in jeans and my bomber jacket, it's not my old suit, but it works for me. "You think this could be the place?" John asks from the passenger seat. I shrug my shoulders and get out.

"Makes sense. He was from Baltimore. He had a place here."

John nods and gets out. I walk to the back of the tarp-covered truck bed and pull back one corner of the tarp. "You okay back there, big man?"

"Been worse," Kilowog grunts. It's already dangerous to travel the country while packs of lunatics hunt you. Even worse when you're traveling around with a gigantic pink alien. You tend to stick out.

"Keep watch for us and lay out anyone who gets too close to the truck."

"Dammit. Shoulda stayed at the camp with the others."

"Just keep an eye out."

"Will do."

I leave the corner of the tarp open and walk out the garage with John. "Guy's apartment is right around the corner."

I reach into my coat and feel the heavy weight that's resting under my shoulder. The rings are dead, so we have to fight back with other means. Guns have replaced our rings. John and I were soldiers, we know how to shoot. It's people like Kyle who aren't too big on it. They say that we're a peace keeping force and we shouldn't kill. Well, those rules got thrown out the window about the time Sinestro murdered 7,000 plus of us. There's just me, John, Kyle, Kilowog, Salaak, and a few others. Ten or so of the once mighty Green Lantern Corps left.

We're prepared for this, though. It's not that we're fearless, that's never the case. We just excel at overcoming that fear. Right now things are the darkest they've ever been, darker even than when I was Parallax. But a true Green Lantern can thrive in the darkest of times, that's when the light of willpower shines the brightest.

The Multiversers RPG
Character Application

Character's name (in the font you plan to use for them): Bruce Wayne/Batman

Powers and attributes: Wayne has no true powers of his own, but before Titan and his band of villains took over the world, he was the CEO of Wayne Enterprises and using his company developed a sophisticated crime fighting suit and weapons. The Batsuit, as it is called, has infared, nightvision, thermal imaging and other various sight enhancers, as well as being semi-bullet proof and stab-proof. The Batsuit's cape is also bulletproof and flame guitarant, and allows Bruce to glide when jumping from high distances.

Besides his equipment, Bruce is a master detective, strategist, and scientist. He has also trained his body to peak performance, and is a master of combat and acrobatics.

Origin and backstory (please state whether you are playing one of the Chosen or a MRC): This is a MRC

Bruce Wayne varies little from his main stream counterpart. His life as Batman and his origin are the same. The only change comes during Titan's takeover of Earth-25. During the skirmish, the current Robin, Tim Drake, was killed by the Joker, Bruce's loyal butler Alfred was slain when Poinson Ivy's plants engulfed Wayne Manor, and Commissioner James Gordon was killed and eaten by Killer Croc. Realizing it was smarter to live to fight another day rather than die unnecessarily, Batman, Dick Grayson (Nightwing), Barbara Gordon (Batgirl), Jason Todd who has named himself "Red Robin", and Selina Kyle aka Catwoman fled from Gotham, which was now under the control of Joker. They fled towards the Southern United States where they found Oliver Queen, The Green Arrow, who was already forming a resistance movement against the villains.

Now, Bruce and his "Bat Family" are vital in the fight against Titan. They have become freedom fighters in the greatest sense of the word, freeing those from villain controlled cities and bringing them to safe houses all across the United States. They have also become instrumental in sabotaging Titan's resources and supply lines.

Even though the Resistance has been gaining more and more of a foothold on Earth, all is not harmonious in the command structure. Bruce and Ollie often argue over methods. Green Arrow has bee changed by the conflict, and has been authorizing more and more radical methods of attack, whereas Bruce still refuses to put innocents in danger.

How is this character different from the mainstream version?: Well, obviously he's more of an underground freedom fighter, rather than a force for change in Gotham. I guess theoretically he could be the same symbol but instead of just being it for Gotham, he can be it for the entire wrold.

What can you bring to the game?: A dedicated RPer who can tell a good story.

Philadelphia, PA

I stand on a rooftop and look through my binocular vision towards the Liberty Bell, or at least what used to be called the Liberty Bell, in the middle of a burnt, ashy landscape. The City of Brotherly love isn't what it used to be, but then again, neither is this world. The bell lays on its side, half the way it once was, and the other half burned and melted.

I wouldn't expect anything less from Harvey.

In my ear, my comm crackles to life, "Bruce, are you in position?" Selina Kyle, also known as Catwoman. She's been an irreplacable ally since Titan's conquest of the Earth, not to mention a source of fierce companionship. She may be the only one left on Earth that can sneak up on me, and that's why I picked her for this mission.

I shift my focus to the building behind the Liberty Bell, once known as Independence Hall. It's the place where George Washington and the Continental Congress ratified the Deceleration of Independence. And now it was where the man I once called a great friend has set up the capital of his fiefdom. It's the place where we're going to capture Two Face.

"Affirmative," I respond in a gruff voice. "Let's move in."

Hey everyone! Let's pop my cherry!

¨The Multiversers RPG
Character Application

Character's name (in the font you plan to use for them): Floyd Lawton, Deadshot

Powers and attributes: Floyd Lawton possessed no superhuman powers but was however a master marksman with any type of firearm. He was also an extremely capable hand-to-hand fighter. Since the villains took over Earth-25, however, Lawton has been 'enhanced' with powers that include heightened strength (Not Superman level, however), speed (Not Flash level), agility and stamina, as well as a very rapid healing factor.

Origin and backstory (please state whether you are playing one of the Chosen or a MRC): This character is a MRC.

The Floyd Lawton of Earth-25 was no different than his counterpart from the main DC Universe. A member of the Secret Six, Lawton spent his time smoking cigarettes, sleeping with women he didn't know the names of and killing people for money.

When the villains of the world united under the mysterious Titan, the Secret Six were quick to join the fight alongside the heroes. The team was an asset to the side of angels, as they undertook sabotage missions that quickly garnered the attention of Titan's forces. Lawton was approached by Titan's men, one day, and offered a deal. Realizing the heroes' days were numbered, Lawton agreed.

Killing the Secret Six was the hardest thing Lawton had ever done. Not because they were his friends. To Lawton, his friends was only as good as the last paycheck.

One by one he murdered his former teammates, but not without getting few scratches of his own. Ragdoll bit off four of Lawton's fingers. After his fight with Jeanette he suffered from massive brain hemorrhage. Scandal Savage took out one of his eyes. Bane broke almost every bone in Lawton's body before breaking his back. But he killed them all. And every time he was seemingly down for the count, Titan mended his wounds and made him better.

It was in his fight with Catman that he sustained his greatest injuries.

Now, Deadshot hunts down the world's remaining heroes for the various leaders of Earth-25. He has become the consummate hunter, a master jailer and a ruthless killing machine.

Universe history (Chosen characters only): N/A

How is this character different from the mainstream version?: He has gone way over the line he so masterfully walks in the Secret Six comics. He is very much evil, very much done with any notion of 'Walking the Line'. What's done is done and all that's left now is finishing what he started.

What can you bring to the game?: A new face, a new set of hands, a new voice and plenty of other things from my collection of body parts. I like comics and I enjoy RPing a great deal, so hopefully I can also bring some fun.

"You son of a *****!"

Thomas Blake had been shouting for the last two hours. His voice was down to jagged croaks, and every word felt like daggers in his throat. But it didn't matter, because Floyd Lawton's eardrums ruptured more than 40 minutes ago.

"Just die, you piece of ****!" Blake growled as his broken fist collided with Lawton's face for what had to be the two hundredth time. "Why won't you DIE?!"

Thomas Blake had been viciously beating his former teammate, a man he thought to be a friend, for the last 120 minutes. The two had been through countless battles together, saved each other many times, but at the end of the day Lawton was still only loyal to the biggest paycheck. The betrayal cut through Blake's very being, but the thing that made him angrier than anything else.....at no point during the last two hours had Lawton fought back.

He had appeared before Blake, unarmed and in his uniform, after having taken the life of every other member of the Secret Six, and said "I guess I have some things comin' to me. Go ahead."

Floyd Lawton's head no longer had anything comparable to a face. Every bone in his body was broken. His neck had been broken twice in the last two hours, he had been stabbed over 400 times and almost all of his ribs had at one time punctured his lungs and heart.

And still Thomas Blake kept on. Bringing down all of his anger and hurt down onto Floyd Lawton, he had become a whirlwind of destruction. In fact, he was so blinded by hate that he had not noticed when Floyd attached a very small explosive charge to his back. It was not even big enough to blow down a door, but placed directly behind the heart it was enough to blow down a man.

"Ssss...ssfffsss...fffsssssooo....."

BOOM

The Multiversers RPG
Character Application

Character's name (in the font you plan to use for them): Hal Jordan/The Green Lantern

Powers and attributes: Formerly, Hal had the power of the Green Lantern Corps' power ring at his disposal. Now Hal relies on his survival skills and military training to help lead the Corps.

Origin and backstory (please state whether you are playing one of the Chosen or a MRC): MRC

A former Air Force fighter pilot turned test pilot, Hal Jordan was flying a test plane when a strange, emerald energy sucked him from the cockpit and took him to a downed alien spaceship and the deathbed of Abin Sur, an officer in the Green Lantern Corps. Sur gave Hal Jordan his power ring as he died. Jordan was inducted into the corps and became one of the greatest Green Lanterns in the history of the corps.

Years later, when Titan and his band of villains made their play for the Earth, Titan allied himself with the entity known as Parallax. Parallax possessed the former Green Lantern Sinestro and went on a murderous rampage that mirrored Hal's own rampage years earlier. Sinestro and Parallax destroyed countless numbers of Green Lanterns and their power batteries. Going so far as to destroy the main power battery on Oa.

With their rings losing power and no batteries to be found, Hal led a small group of GLC survivors to Earth to search for the battery of deceased Green Lantern Guy Gardner. Their rings soon shorted out, leaving the group to rely on their wits instead of willpower. They now have joined the resistance and assist the fight as best they can while still looking for the last GLC battery.

How is this character different from the mainstream version?: Well, Hal doesn't have his powers anymore. He's leading the GLC, or what's left of it, as they try to survive and keep the corps alive.

What can you bring to the game?: Decent enough RPer with experience in the games.

Baltimore, Maryland

I pull the pickup into the parking garage and slide into the first spot I can find. Dressed in jeans and my bomber jacket, it's not my old suit, but it works for me. "You think this could be the place?" John asks from the passenger seat. I shrug my shoulders and get out.

"Makes sense. He was from Baltimore. He had a place here."

John nods and gets out. I walk to the back of the tarp-covered truck bed and pull back one corner of the tarp. "You okay back there, big man?"

"Been worse," Kilowog grunts. It's already dangerous to travel the country while packs of lunatics hunt you. Even worse when you're traveling around with a gigantic pink alien. You tend to stick out.

"Keep watch for us and lay out anyone who gets too close to the truck."

"Dammit. Shoulda stayed at the camp with the others."

"Just keep an eye out."

"Will do."

I leave the corner of the tarp open and walk out the garage with John. "Guy's apartment is right around the corner."

I reach into my coat and feel the heavy weight that's resting under my shoulder. The rings are dead, so we have to fight back with other means. Guns have replaced our rings. John and I were soldiers, we know how to shoot. It's people like Kyle who aren't too big on it. They say that we're a peace keeping force and we shouldn't kill. Well, those rules got thrown out the window about the time Sinestro murdered 7,000 plus of us. There's just me, John, Kyle, Kilowog, Salaak, and a few others. Ten or so of the once mighty Green Lantern Corps left.

We're prepared for this, though. It's not that we're fearless, that's never the case. We just excel at overcoming that fear. Right now things are the darkest they've ever been, darker even than when I was Parallax. But a true Green Lantern can thrive in the darkest of times, that's when the light of willpower shines the brightest.

The Multiversers RPG
Character Application

Character's name (in the font you plan to use for them): Bruce Wayne/Batman

Powers and attributes: Wayne has no true powers of his own, but before Titan and his band of villains took over the world, he was the CEO of Wayne Enterprises and using his company developed a sophisticated crime fighting suit and weapons. The Batsuit, as it is called, has infared, nightvision, thermal imaging and other various sight enhancers, as well as being semi-bullet proof and stab-proof. The Batsuit's cape is also bulletproof and flame guitarant, and allows Bruce to glide when jumping from high distances.

Besides his equipment, Bruce is a master detective, strategist, and scientist. He has also trained his body to peak performance, and is a master of combat and acrobatics.

Origin and backstory (please state whether you are playing one of the Chosen or a MRC): This is a MRC

Bruce Wayne varies little from his main stream counterpart. His life as Batman and his origin are the same. The only change comes during Titan's takeover of Earth-25. During the skirmish, the current Robin, Tim Drake, was killed by the Joker, Bruce's loyal butler Alfred was slain when Poinson Ivy's plants engulfed Wayne Manor, and Commissioner James Gordon was killed and eaten by Killer Croc. Realizing it was smarter to live to fight another day rather than die unnecessarily, Batman, Dick Grayson (Nightwing), Barbara Gordon (Batgirl), Jason Todd who has named himself "Red Robin", and Selina Kyle aka Catwoman fled from Gotham, which was now under the control of Joker. They fled towards the Southern United States where they found Oliver Queen, The Green Arrow, who was already forming a resistance movement against the villains.

Now, Bruce and his "Bat Family" are vital in the fight against Titan. They have become freedom fighters in the greatest sense of the word, freeing those from villain controlled cities and bringing them to safe houses all across the United States. They have also become instrumental in sabotaging Titan's resources and supply lines.

Even though the Resistance has been gaining more and more of a foothold on Earth, all is not harmonious in the command structure. Bruce and Ollie often argue over methods. Green Arrow has bee changed by the conflict, and has been authorizing more and more radical methods of attack, whereas Bruce still refuses to put innocents in danger.

How is this character different from the mainstream version?: Well, obviously he's more of an underground freedom fighter, rather than a force for change in Gotham. I guess theoretically he could be the same symbol but instead of just being it for Gotham, he can be it for the entire wrold.

What can you bring to the game?: A dedicated RPer who can tell a good story.

Philadelphia, PA

I stand on a rooftop and look through my binocular vision towards the Liberty Bell, or at least what used to be called the Liberty Bell, in the middle of a burnt, ashy landscape. The City of Brotherly love isn't what it used to be, but then again, neither is this world. The bell lays on its side, half the way it once was, and the other half burned and melted.

I wouldn't expect anything less from Harvey.

In my ear, my comm crackles to life, "Bruce, are you in position?" Selina Kyle, also known as Catwoman. She's been an irreplacable ally since Titan's conquest of the Earth, not to mention a source of fierce companionship. She may be the only one left on Earth that can sneak up on me, and that's why I picked her for this mission.

I shift my focus to the building behind the Liberty Bell, once known as Independence Hall. It's the place where George Washington and the Continental Congress ratified the Deceleration of Independence. And now it was where the man I once called a great friend has set up the capital of his fiefdom. It's the place where we're going to capture Two Face.

"Affirmative," I respond in a gruff voice. "Let's move in."

I dont think I'm going to run with the 24 hour wait for approval, so all three of you are APPROVED. Now all we need is for people to apply as Chosen...

Awesome.

I was really torn between my Batman and a Chosen. If it comes to it and we're desperate for Chosen I can always change.

I don't see any reason why you can't pick up a second character once a few more people join up.

Okay cool.

Just to be sure, are Amalgam Universe characters okay?

I'm not sure, I was really hoping to keep the game DC specific, cos I feel that that was what was wrong with the last RPG.

Okay, that's completely fine. I had a few Chosen ideas, so that's cool.

The Multiversers RPG
Character Application

Nathan Heywood, Citizen Steel

Powers and attributes:
Superhuman strength, invulnerability, organic metal skin.

Origin and backstory (please state whether you are playing one of the Chosen or a MRC): This is a MRC character.
The Justice Society of America were making their last stand as Vandal Savage, under the command of the mysterious Titan, and his small band of villains were attacking New Zealand. Nathan Heywood was simply student from Ohio State University studying abroad for a semester in New Zealand who fell victim to the mayhem that came with the fight. And to think, the football star player from America was experience pure bliss in a country he had never visited before.

As Vandal Savages forces eventually brought down the JSA, the heroes and innocent bystanders were all taken away and imprisoned as were the orders by Titan; New Zealand, was now under his rule. During the attack, trying to save little kids in the park, a statue fell on top of Heywood that rendered him broken in the hips and one of his legs. Wanting to make use of his newfound slaves and workers, Titan proposed to use Nathan in an experimental procedure. The young man's attitude and personality had made for what Titan believed could be molded into quite the soldier.

Taunting the torture soul as Nathan was forced into the laboratory, the mysterious tyrant chuckled as the scientists began the procedure that he had a heart of steel; the ideal citizen in the world Titan had envisioned. And so he would become his Citizen Steel to serve as a Lieutenant under Vandal Savage's watch. However after the procedure was done, there was a gap of time that needed to be spent for his body to physically adjust to the changes before Titan could have his scientists administer phase II of the procedure to envelop Heywood's mind to make him one of his loyal drones.

During a break-out attempt, members of the JSA that had not yet been sentenced to execution attacked and almost prevailed. Of the team only Sandy Hawkins aka Sandman, Rick Tyler aka Hourman, and Sonia Sato aka Judomaster made it through the facility freely. As they came across the laboratory where Nathan Heywood was recovering, they felt compelled to free him from the abomination that Titan had envisioned in making him.

Promising to come back for the rest of the team, as those 3 members of the JSA escaped they took Citizen Steel under their wing and made him a member of their team of refugees.

N/A

Everything is different. In the comics, the organic metal that eventually envelopes his body is due to an attack by the Third Reich villain Reichsmark. In this game, Titan performs a procedure on Nathan to make him Citizen Steel.

Characters that I feel not be likely to be chosen. Also, I will be switching from character to character a few times from within the members of the JSA that have escaped which I believe will be original in its own self; I won't be playing only one character throughout the entire game. So this also allows the game to be even more diverse.

"How are you holding up, bud?"

Rick comes to me, like he always does, to check to see how I'm doing. But the response is always ever the same damn thing: miserable. However that doesn't ever stop Rick though who still remains the optimist. But I think we need someone like Hourman more than ever. In times like this, there is little hope left.

This time, I respond different. But it is only to help Rick feel better as he constantly tries to work with a losing struggle that is my condition.

"Feeling...better I guess."

Feeling. I can't feel. No, scratch that. I can and at the same time I cannot feel. My very skin is now made of an organic type of metal so as for sensations such as being able to touch the blades of grass and feel how soft they are, or that ever so blissful feeling when I've got pigskin grasped in my hands just before I throw a football...I instead feel nothing. The only thing I can feel...

...is pain.

Sonia--Judomaster--approaches me as well. She brings me a plate of food. Never talks, though. Shes smiles at me though, which is enough for me. We share something in this whole 'feeling' thing. She's got an uncanny metahuman ability where she pretty much has control of what they call an Aversion Field. Meaning she can project it, so that if she doesn't want you laying a finger on her you physically cannot possible do so. It may be by choice but that loss of touch is enough in common for me to appreciate it when she hugs my tall steel body, looking up at me wearing nothing but a smirk across her face.

She's been a great friend.

"Thank you, Sonia."

I eat, but I don't taste a damn thing. I'm not actually sure if I need to eat anymore but I do it out of habit and it's one of the few things that makes me feel like I'm somehow human still. Sandy has been talking about possible plans to break out the rest of the JSA. I'm going to do more than just try to break out my new teammates: I'm going to make Titan pay for what he's done to me.

APPROVED. Anyone want to pick up a Chosen...anyone...anyone at all...?

What can we say? You came up with a heck of an idea for an alternate world.

At this rate, none of the heroes of Earth-25 will actually have died :D

I was so fixated on the MRC idea before the game was made because I thought if anything the majority would be Chosen lol.

Same here. I had trouble finding an alternate universe character I wanted to play, I figured there'd be a whole bunch of Chosen so why not just go for an MRC.

The Multiversers RPG
Character Application

Character's name (in the font you plan to use for them): Superman (Conner Kent/Kon-El/Project Kr)

Powers and attributes: Tactile telekinesis that culiminates into flight, superhuman strength, speed, and invulnerability. His kryptonian DNA also gives him access to the abilities of x-ray, microscopic, and heat visions, aswell as artic breath and superhuman hearing. His only weaknesses lie in elements that are poisonous to his native species - that of lead, which blocks his x-ray vision, magic, which his powers can't bypass, and a rare substance created from fragments of his homeworld that his people called Krypt'onite.

Origin and backstory (please state whether you are playing one of the Chosen or a MRC): This character is a Chosen.

When their planet was dying, the scientists Jor-El and Lara of the Kandorian colony placed what little they could into a capsule pod to help preserve the history of Krypton. This included samples of their own DNA in the hopes that some other species could someday hope to duplicate their race through a miraculous science. The pod rocketed away from Krypton as it imploded, sent off of it's course and stranded to a faraway galaxy that housed the planet Earth. Gaining sentience, the pod sensed the lifeforms of Earth and was thusly drawn to it, landing in a field outside of Kansas with the intent that it be picked up by a kindly couple named Johnathan and Martha Kent.

But once the pod's systems crashed, all did not go according to plan. Instead found by soldiers of the government organization known as Cadmus, the pod was brought to scientist Lionel Luthor for study. Luthor used the alien DNA and experimented with it, grafting his own blood to the stand to test it's biology. What resulted was the birth of Project Kr, whom Lionel dubbed Kon. But as the alien clone grew into maturity, he discovered that there was life beyond the cold test tubes of Cadmus and escaped his habitat, bringing destruction in his wake that would accidentally kill his creator. Without a home to run back to, Kon was found by the family he had been destined to reach and adopted as their son without question. With the Kents' love and support, Kon matured into a polite and earnest young man with aspirations of becoming a reporter.

Before he could live those dreams, however, many obstacles stood in his way. Having manifested a number of unusual abilities from his harvested alien DNA, Kon had to hide who he was by adopting a human guise. He chose the name of his adoptive family and became Conner Kent, enrolling into Metropolis University with a major in journalism. But upon learning of the planet's capacity for crime and cruelty, Conner realized he also had to use his abilities to stop such injustices. Using the few remnants of the pod that carried his blood across several galaxies, he crafted another identity - that of The Superman. But with his hopes of inspiring the good, there came a great price through his introduction to the world at large. With his powers exposed to the world, Cadmus now hunts him to continue the late Lionel Luthor's research through his son and Conner's half-brother, Alexander Luthor. And with the media scrutinizing his every move, Superman is unsure if he can fully trust humans as well as he thought.

Only time will tell if Conner will be able to become humanity's savior... or risk becoming it's scourge.

Universe history (Chosen characters only): His Earth's history is virtually the same as the regular DCU up until a key point - that being, the crash landing of the last son of Krypton. With Conner's arrival and his subsequent adoption of the Superman mantle, the origins of his extended family and enemies became vastly different. Lois Lane never met the kind Clark Kent, and thusly became a firm advocate of Cadmus' anti-metahuman campaign. Perry White never got The Daily Planet off of the ground by covering Superman's exploits, instead giving into demand to expand The Planet's resources into a new era's technology - forging Planet Media, a multimedia conglomerate that made White an instant billionaire. Jimmy Olsen was never inspired to become a better photographer from Superman's example, abandoning his dreams and deciding to settle for less as an assistant to White. And even his Earth's fellow superheroes are affected by the loss of Earth's champion - Batman is no longer Bruce Wayne, instead a dangerous and psychotic terrorist posing as playboy Timothy Drake. Cassandra Sandsmark is the daughter of Ares, known more for her ruthless tactics than her heroism as Wonder Woman. The Flash is Bartholomew Allen, currently on the run for the murder of his Rogues gallery. And similarly sad tales plague America today, it's citizens looking towards their heroes as villains and looking towards their villains as saviors.

How is this character different from the mainstream version?: In his universe, Conner replaces Clark Kent as the last son of Krypton that is destined to become the Superman that will protect Metropolis. As a result of his heritege, however, he's become something of a Superman with an edge - relying on brute force to serve as inspiration rather than his own good nature. He has to struggle with the internal conflict of being both a Kryptonian and a Luthor without Kal-El's guideance, making his own limits of control that much more difficult to keep in check.

What can you bring to the game?: I want to explore the possibilities of a Superman who's not quite what we're used to, so there's that. As far as my strengths as a writer go, I like to think I've focused more on character development in my career in the RPG's above all else, so I intend to do the same with this one.

My name is Conner Kent. People call me Superman.

Why they do it is a rather fascinating tale that I've been studying up on in my spare time. The word actually started in the early 1940's, at the crest of World War II, when Adolf Hitler described his plans for world domination using superhuman soldiers that would be called The Ubermensch. Metahumans had only begun crawling out of the woodwork at the time, so of course this dream was entirely too possible for a facist group like The Reich. But with that dream of power came a new name for all forms of power that the people feared. People like the good citizens of Metropolis do now, knowing that I'm patrolling the skies, seeking whatever danger I came to this planet in order to abolish.

But right now, I'm late for class. I got a text from Chloe that she'd save me a seat up front, but she knows how quickly that void might be filled if I don't haul ash there. So with a cautious optimism, I touch down on the roof of my campus and quickly change into my civilian clothes within a blink of an eye. The day that I'm actually on time for any of my semesters is the day that Lois Lane says even a slightly kind word about me in the press. I swear, that woman was born a #%@!$.

"Damn. Damn. Damn."

I race through the hallways, pacing myself to run just a quarter of my actual speed. My books nearly topple out of my arm as I avoid an oncoming janitor. Clear my throat as I go, careful to mask my tone. "Sorry! Late for class..."

The irony of this is never lost on me. I have the ability to be on time for every class, maybe even in several classes at once. Yet with my priorities in the city, I always choose to stay behind in order to make sure that no criminal looks me in the eye without the slightest trace of fear. Today's incident was rather unusual, as I had to break up a robbery being instigated by some hapless thief named Rudy Jones. He told me that he'd be back within the week, that his lawyers would have him out of Stryker's Island in no time. So I melted his hands off of their wrists. Cauterized the wound so he wouldn't bleed out.

Think it's safe to say that he won't want to leave prison anytime soon.

I cross into Astrology 101 and slip on my glasses before anyone can notice. Professor Hamilton gives me a look before I can properly sit down. I sheepishly shrug and sit next to Chloe just as he continues his lecture on how extraterrestrial life is proven to be impossible - something that I can't help but chuckle at, inwardly.

"Nice entrance, Conner.", Chloe whispers at me with a smirk. "Planning to flunk just about every course, or only the important ones?"

I feign a mortified look.

"There was some trouble on the ride over. Something about a robbery, or something. I don't know."

She gives me a concerned look. "Was Superman involved?"

"I think so. But I didn't get a proper look at him. Thank god."

"Yeah. Not for nothing, but that guy gives me the serious creeps..."

As she resumes her class notes, I'm given serious pause. It's only when Chloe says something like that, that I start to question if what I'm doing is wrong. Enforcing my own brand of justice on the people of Metropolis. Is the fear really worth it if I can still inspire Truth, Justice, and the American Way?

Then I hear a cry for help coming just outside of the city. Something about a maniac with a bomb.

"Uhm, Chlo... I gotta go to the bathroom. Cover for me?"

"What? You just got here! There's no way that Professor Hamilton would let you-..."

"Thanks, you're a lifesaver."

And with that, I'm racing in the opposite direction of campus.

My name is Conner Kent. People call me Superman.

And I may very well be Earth's only hope.

The Multiversers RPG
Character Application

Character's name (in the font you plan to use for them): Victor Sage AKA The Question

Powers and attributes: Genius-level intellect; peak human physical condition.

Origin and backstory (please state whether you are playing one of the Chosen or a MRC): Chosen.

Victor Sage lived a privileged life, as a propagandist. He got to wake up every morning, appear on thousands of television screens, and deliver the speech that had been written for him that day. After that, he would visit his old friend, Aristotle Rodor, and they would discuss whatever project genius-inventor Aristotle happened to be working on for the Reich. The two would exchange a few glib remarks about Nietzsche, and then he would go to the Interrogation chamber. Once there, Vic would don the faceless mask Aristotle had invented, and interrogate anyone who had perturbed the Nazis. Suffice it to say, Vic led a pretty busy life. But it was also a good life. Dare he say it, a fun life. He wanted to keep it that way.

As often occurs, however, fate got in the way of desire. It turned out, Aristotle Rodor had been working as a double agent for an anti-Nazi group, going so far as to give them Nazi technologies. Unsurprisingly, Aristotle was killed off. However, in an attempt not to upset their chief questioner and propagandist, they tried to make it look like a suicide. Victor, doubting the cause of death, donned his faceless mask in the middle of the night and quickly found out that it was the Nazis themselves who had ordered and then covered up the death of his best friend.

Disillusioned, Victor staged his own death. He surreptitiously traveled through the country, adapting many disguises and meeting many near-deaths, until he managed to reach California. Once there, he had to examine many of the beliefs he had so passionately held onto. He broke away from his previously right-leaning politics and gradually moved to the left. And California--dubbed the "Little Asia" of the West-- helped him latch onto some very different, more Zen, spiritual beliefs. He calmed down and began to lead a life of deep introspection. In general, he tried to keep under the radar, knowing that if he did anything too drastic, Superman would arrive and quickly wipe him out.

His life was a lonely one, due to the omnipresent fear of the Nazis coming into California and taking it down. He knew, every word he said had to be carefully chosen. He knew, every step he made had to be made for the right reasons. Even here, in the supposed hippie haven, he felt restricted. But now, for the first time in his life, he truly knows freedom. He has become a dimensional surfer. He has been chosen.

Universe history (Chosen characters only): Was it a bird? Was it a plane? No. It was a Nazi. In this universe, Kal-El landed on the same planet, earth. However, as opposed to reaching the amiable Kents, it landed in Weimar Germany, 1919. Being raised in a household that was broken by Germany's failing economy, Superman quickly learned to characterize the West as a greedy zenith of hate and stupidity. It was therefore to his liking when America entered World War II.

June, 1944. The Allied powers had landed on the beaches, attempting to establish a foothold in Europe, but the operation was clearly futile. It might have worked, had it not been for Germany's darling, the so-called "Adopted Son of Hitler," nicknamed Superman. He swept through all of the landings, using his super speed and laser vision to annihilate his opponents. It was a satisfactory job which he quickly learned to enjoy. Worst came to worst, and within a year both Britain and the United States were taken over. Some people attempted to fight this fate: of particular note was Batman, who started a brief anti-Nazi underground movement in Metropolis. The movement didn't last long as Superman used his super-intelligence, combined with his hyper-keen hearing, to quickly discover where Batman was hiding. When the two men confronted each other, Superman won the fight, as was to be expected, but the Caped Crusader managed to gain the record for the amount of time he stood up to Superman: ten minutes.

Pockets of resistance can be found here and there. Aquaman has managed to keep up the fight against the Nazis. As well, California was given to Japan, which has kept a very loose grip on the libertine island. But in general, Victor Sage's universe is a dark one, filled with surveillance at every turn, where the only "civil liberty" is the decision of whether to follow Nazism or to die.

How is this character different from the mainstream version?: I would say the biggest change is in his politics, which are now more left-leaning. But his personality also had something of an change: he's much quieter in this version than Earth-Prime's. He's got the same mistrust and paranoia as we saw in the DCAU, but here it's mixed with a more melancholy mood. His paranoia is more than a quirk: it makes it virtually impossible for him to establish meaningful human contact.

What can you bring to the game?: Words. Lots and lots of words. Sometimes, I even fancy that those words make sense in the order I put them in.

"We sit together
The Woman and I
Until only the woman remains."

As she and I lay there, conjoined, I can't help but think that thought. It's funny, really. Moments like these, everything feels right with the world. It doesn't matter that the whole world has gone to Hell. It doesn't matter that life is crap. All that matters is her and me, together at this very instant. I suppose it's the quiet moments that get you, in the end. When you've got people out there who can hear every word you utter, you learn to appreciate the non-verbal language. And as far as non-verbality goes, the conversation I'm having is the best.

We disengage and I smack the twenty dollar bill on the desk. Kissing her on her rosy right cheek, I want to tell her how beautiful she is. I want to tell her that she's the only one for me, and I'd go anywhere in the world for her. But I don't. Instead, I flounder for a moment, awkwardly. I look at her, mumbling.

Finally, I manage to get out something coherent, "I--" It's not the best of statements, but it's all I've got. It expresses everything that I am, everyone that I can trust, in one simple word. She doesn't even notice me, anymore, as gets up to go to the bathroom. I get a pen and a scrap piece of paper, and write her a note. I proceed to hide my body from the world, wrapping it in a thick layer of clothing. Then, I take my hat and place it on my head. It's a quick couple of feet out the door.

I'd like to imagine she read my note, which said simply, "Love." Then she might swoon for a moment, run after me, and confess her love to me. But it's doubtful. It's incredibly doubtful. That omnipresent sensation once again fills my body. I'm lonely.

The Multiversers RPG
Character Application

Kai-ro

Powers and attributes:
By himself, Kai-ro has no special or supernatural abilities though he is trained in the Shaolin arts (Chinese Wushu and Tai Chi Chuan). Kai-ro wields a power ring of , being the Red Lantern of Earth in his universe.

Origin and backstory (please state whether you are playing one of the Chosen or a MRC):
Chosen.

Kai-ro was just a young Buddhist monk, offering a little bit of kindness and compassion to the tired, the weary, and the wounded - the casualties of a war whose beginning was long before he was even born. For the crime of harboring and aiding agents of chaos, the Manhunters destroyed the monastary and massacred the non-violent monks as they prayed peacefully. Through the timely intervention of the Lantern Corps Militia, Kai-ro was spared a physical death... but the experience of watching everything he believed turned to ash left a heavy scar upon his soul.

Consumed with anger at the deaths of his people, Kai-ro was adopted by the red ring of a fallen Lantern. The power of the ring took all of the boy's anguish and pain and set them on fire, and then that fire set him free to revisit that torment a thousand times over on the Manhunters.

And so he fought. And bled. And burned. Long after his will had been exhausted, after hope died, and when even the last ounce of compassion began to fade... Kai-ro battled on. For it was in the heat of battle that he could forget everything and live only in a single moment. Purified by a flame that only burned hotter as circumstances grew more dire.

Today, as the Red Lantern of Earth, Kai-ro oversees the reconstruction of human society as a member of the Justice League, meditating on everything he has lost and everything he has gained, and preparing to pass the guardianship of Earth to Green Lantern Corps - the flagship organization of the newly reorganized Lantern Resistance Militia.

Each day is a struggle, a fight to contain an anger that no longer has any outlet. Retreating back to the ruins of his former monestary, Kai-ro thought to meditate and cling to hope that he could die... as he had lived, and not as a monster. But even as it seemed as though the twilight had set upon his short life, he found himself swept away with a new purpose for being.

A new reason to keep on fighting.

When the universe was still young, the Guardians created a robotic police force - the Manhunters - to serve and protect life. Over time, the Manhunters came to new perspective on their mandate. In order to preserve order, the lives under their charge needed to be monitored and controlled. Only then would order prevail about the chaotic nature of societies.

And so began the Great War.

In this universe one must have both a will to survive and a rage that will carry them through dark places where lesser souls wither to despair. Hope and compassion were all but dying lights. But as hope gave way to fear, the ranks of the Red Lanterns began to swell and blossom into an unstoppable force.

But what cost victory? In the wake of the Liberation, worlds find themselves under their own governance for the first time in recorded history and hope dawns a new. But the problems facing this universe are plentiful and real. Societies unified by a common enemy now struggle to understand how to manage themselves. Many Red Lanterns destroyed themselves as they succumbed to a rage that overcame reason, those that didn't struggle to contain their unending wrath. They are the new guardians, trying to hold it together while the other Lanterns rebuild themselves as the freed sentients of the universe now have a will to continue, hope for tomorrow, and rediscover compassion for their fellow man.

On the rebel stronghold of Oa, the Lantern Resistance Militia is reorganized into separate Corps, driven in part by the rate at which the Red Lanterns are burning out across the galaxy. With the Manhunters defeated and the Red Lanterns either burning out or becoming consumed by their rage, those with the strongest will are organized into the Green Lantern Corps, which will assume guardianship duties from the Red Lanterns.

Meanwhile, on Earth, a group of survivors distressed at how elements of society prey upon the weak form the Justice Society to try and bring order to their war-torn, newly liberated planet.

Oh, where to begin? For starters, Kai-ro isn't really mainstreak since he only exists in the DCAU (Batman Beyond, Justice League Unlimited). Secondly, he isn't the Green Lantern of the future, he's a Red Lantern. Finally, I've presented a Red Lantern Corps that are not villains. They're the heroes of their universe (my rationale here is that anger, like any emotion, is neither positive or negative... its what people do with that emotion that determines whether its good or bad).

Tacos, another Chosen, and character at war with his powers - struggling to control them rather than let them control him. In addition, Kai-ro is dying due to the damage that his red ring does to his body so he isn't trying to get back to his Earth. His goal is to try and be a hero to the end.

Sample Post (write a sample post as your character that is at least 4 paragraphs long, with at least one line of dialogue):[/QUOTE]

Anguish.

Injustice.

The loss of hope.

The world in which the war-orphan now found himself was as familiar as it was alien, for all the same reasons. In his time, Kai-ro had fought the Manhunters over the Hindu Kush, the Atlantic, and even across the stars in the night sky. The same sky under which the boy now meditated. Parallel lines of existence that were threatened by a force even greater than the one he'd faced as the Red Lantern of Earth.

Earth of his time and place.

An aura like fire surrounded the youth as he looked over this brave, new world and felt its anger for the first time. That was good. People needed anger. It allowed them to that which was necessary to survive, even when the means of that survival ran counter to moral conscience. The will to fight could only carry one so far. In darkest night, in deepest despair, it was fury which so often brought one out of the fire.

But never unscathed.

The people of this Earth had a will to survive and an anger which marked them as worthy of that survival. And he would add his light to the fires which burned when even hope dimmed, until they were brought out from under that oppression. Until that flame flickered and died.

Perhaps there was time enough for him to save one more world before the end. Before he joined the monks, those kindly men who had done nothing but prayed as fires reduced their body to ash. And inspired in him a life unlike any they had prepared him for. "With blood and rage of crimson red, ripped from a corpse so freshly dead, together with our hellish hate, we'll burn you all -That is your fate!"

Last edited:
Ugh, now I want to do a Chosen as well. Damn my lack of will!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"