The Muppets return to Disney +

It's called Muppets Now. We'll see how it goes.

Didn't they already try a new Muppets Show a few years ago that wasn't terribly well received?

Yes in 2015-2016, The Muppets ran on ABC. It was an office-style sitcom but with the Muppets.

I don’t know if The Muppets can successfully transition into the 21st century. I know Disney has tried many times. The closest was the 2011 Muppets film which was great. Unfortunately the follow up squandered all that. All their TV movies and that 2016 series didn’t work at all.

I enjoyed The Muppets on ABC, too. I didn't think that a mockumentary-style series would fit or the Muppets, but I found myself enjoying it more than I thought I would. Wish that it hadn't been axed, so the idea of a new Muppets series doesn't exactly fill me with glee since it too could be shelved, but we'll see.

Well they are still doing the unscripted one, it says.

...and its gone

I enjoyed The Muppets on ABC, too. I didn't think that a mockumentary-style series would fit or the Muppets, but I found myself enjoying it more than I thought I would. Wish that it hadn't been axed, so the idea of a new Muppets series doesn't exactly fill me with glee since it too could be shelved, but we'll see.

I enjoyed but I knew it would be dead after a handful of episodes.

I brought this up in the Disney+ thread but they really couldn't find a better replacement for Kermit? That voice barely sounds like him.

I brought this up in the Disney+ thread but they really couldn't find a better replacement for Kermit? That voice barely sounds like him.

Yes this is a clear downgrade from Steve Whitmire. Whitmire clearly tried to honor the work and performance of Jim Henson.

Yes this is a clear downgrade from Steve Whitmire. Whitmire clearly tried to honor the work and performance of Jim Henson.
I just looked it up because until this I had no idea that Kermit's performer was replaced. Apparently he caused a lot of problems during his tenure. Nothing like sexual harassment or racism but he was a diva.

I understand that it's hard to find someone who can both pull off the voice as well as the puppeteering aspect of the character since both are equally important but for a character as iconic as Kermit, they can at least get a separate voice actor who can do a better job to fill in the blanks.

I just looked it up because until this I had no idea that Kermit's performer was replaced. Apparently he caused a lot of problems during his tenure. Nothing like sexual harassment or racism but he was a diva.

I understand that it's hard to find someone who can both pull off the voice as well as the puppeteering aspect of the character since both are equally important but for a character as iconic as Kermit, they can at least get a separate voice actor who can do a better job to fill in the blanks.

Unfortunate, I think he did a great job.

The voice isn't perfect, but he still sounds like Kermie. He also isn't apparently a complete jerk, which is what is way more important imo.

Brian Henson apparently thinks he should've been replaced like 13 years ago.

Bring on Seth MacFarlane, he knows the legacy

looks cute, but they won‘t stop the soon increasing numbers of cancellations if they manage to release thinks like Artemis Fowl and this.
I‘ll watch it any way and I won‘t cancel my yearly subscription because I‘m such a Disney-lover and there is still enough content for me to watch for the first time (and 2nd time)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"