Iceman

Daffy Duck Vs The Joker
Staff member
Reaction score
On the front page

The Mutants to Hit Cannes

Source: Variety
April 5, 2006

Variety (subscription required) reports that X-Men: The Last Stand will be screened at the 59th Annual Cannes Film Festival:

The 59th annual Cannes Film Festival will have a strong Hollywood presence thanks to Fox's "X-Men: The Last Stand" and Warner Bros.' "The Fountain," both starring Hugh Jackman, plus a 20-minute preview of Paramount's Oliver Stone pic "World Trade Center" and a slew of other U.S. pics, including toons and docs...

...After a fallow last year, DreamWorks returns to the fest with its latest toon, "Over the Hedge," about a raccoon (voiced by Bruce Willis) and a turtle battling encroaching suburbia. Pic is targeted for a noncompeting slot, as is "X-Men: The Last Stand," which opens worldwide during the fest's second week.

The festival runs from May 17th to the 28th.

it'd be neat if the x men won

I wouldn't expect any Superhero films to be winning anything at Cannes.

Fox isn't withholding the movie from public eyes until the release date? Things are looking good, then.

Iceman/Psylocke said:
It's definitely good exposure. I think the X marketing campaign is just about to explode with this and the TV spots kicking everything off.
I can already see the major red carpet premiere and the massive billboards and posters that willl plastered all over cannes.:eek: :up:

Manic said:
Fox isn't withholding the movie from public eyes until the release date? Things are looking good, then.
Yeah, if it was crap i don't think they'd be pushing to show it at Cannes.

Retroman said:
I can already see the major red carpet premiere and the massive billboards and posters that willl plastered all over cannes.:eek: :up:

Yeah, if it was crap i don't think they'd be pushing to show it at Cannes.

It's one of many recent positive signs. Fox are and have been showing a lot of confidence in the film.

Great news. :up: Cannes is a huge event. Words will spread for sure.

The chances of x-men winning are close to none but you never know. However, the odds if you were a betting person, would be tremendous.

Ahura Mazda said:
The chances of x-men winning are close to none but you never know. However, the odds if you were a betting person, would be tremendous.
I'm not sure how Cannes works, but this was in the article:

>>After a fallow last year, DreamWorks returns to the fest with its latest toon, "Over the Hedge," about a raccoon (voiced by Bruce Willis) and a turtle battling encroaching suburbia. Pic is targeted for a noncompeting slot, as is "X-Men: The Last Stand," which opens worldwide during the fest's second week.

It is good to see comic book films are gaining acceptance on a larger scale.

It helps to build hype by showing the film at a festival where thousands of movie critics are known to be.

Having positive reviews of the film out before its release can never be a bad thing ;)

I hate to be the first to say this, but what is Cannes? :O

lordofthenerds said:
I hate to be the first to say this, but what is Cannes? :O

One of the most prestigious film festivals. (Cannes is in France)

First the maylasians and now the french. What have they done to deserve it. Everyone go out into the streets and riot. Then FOX will show it in our country

Fox hates Australia. :mad:

And "The Fountain" is having it's premiere there too. Go Hugh! :)

I would definitely watch the entertainment shows (Access Hollywood, Extra, etc.) while Cannes is going on, they usually have a ton of red carpet footage during the festival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"