The Mystery Female Lead Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone explain Mercy? Any relation to Mercy/Tess Mercer on Smallville?

Mercy Graves was Luthor's right hand woman. She was the one dressed as a chauffeur in the Superman cartoons.

At first I was kinda shocked that Lane might won't be in this or not in a big role!,But then I thought it was refreshing,I find the rumors about Clark/Superman traveling the world actually interesting&fresh too.

I don't know much about most of Clark/Superman's love interests and perhaps a new one will be made up,I won't fairly judge it until casting&how the character actually plays out in the film!

totally forgot Rosamund Pike was in the Surrogates. still can't comment on her acting. she didn't really do too much in that movie.

Thanks. I figured she's was a Tess Mercer kind of character but wasn't 100% sure.

She..could be Kryptonian..

Could she be Ursa? :p

Or she could play Kal-El's mom, Lara.

Or she could be an original character who is being held prisoner due to Brainiac?

I read on a few sites earlier tonight that some people thought the female lead might be Lori Lemaris.

I like the character but the idea of Superman hooking up with a mermaid in the new film is ridiculously hilarious.

I think we have a better chance of seeing Krypto.

Hahahahahahaha I'm not gonna lie, I think I'd enjoy that in the worst way possible. :lmao:

I've been thinking maybe the mystery blonde will be Circe...
supermanlion1.jpg

superlion22.jpg

Best movie ever?

If I had to make a guess I would think Dorky is on the right trail saying a completely made up character in Africa. I would think that she would be a really close partner that works with Clark. Like a best friend that develops feelings for Clark but doesn't quite get the same feelings in return. Pretty much a Chloe Sullivan type character. She would probably discover his secret, she will somehow die tragically which will push Clark into becoming Superman.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. Its sounds good on paper, but I don't know if I really like the idea of spending One and a half to Two hours watching a Superman Movie and falling in love with a female character that isn't Lois Lane. I feel like they would be building up a relationship that inevitably leads to nothing. I don't know, I'll reserve judgement

Dang no Louis Lane. That sort of sucks.

Oh well.

Dang no Louis Lane. That sort of sucks.

Oh well.
not necessarily. there's a report saying that Lois is in the movie...just not as an integral part of the story. it's in the middle of my first post on this thread.

not necessarily. there's a report saying that Lois is in the movie...just not as an integral part of the story. it's in the middle of my first post on this thread.

Oh I see.

Thats good. :up:

I think everyone is freaking out over nothing. You guys really think that Snyder won't make Lois Superman's love interest somewhere in this story arc? Snyder isn't crazy. I like where this story is going. My guess is that Superman is traveling the globe and encounters conflicts both external and internal for the first third of the film. He probably has a traveling buddy. Lois probably comes into the film at the midway point or the last third. Superman probably saves Lois from the main villain in the final act and then they can build on that relationship in the sequel. Perhaps this female lead dies at some point which makes Superman want to protect and care for Lois. At least we would be moving away from and predictable story and giving Superman some depth as to why he does the things he does. Just my guess.

Some how I find these rumors of Clark traveling around Africa, etc. hard to believe. I would bet the role is that of a villain, IDK. If theyve made a female other than Lois get close to Clark, this is mistake #1. My guess would be this is simply a lot like Batman Begins; Katie Holmes wasnt really in the first half at all, before being interwoven into the second.

But Lana Lang?

Wtf-what a terrible idea, if thats what it is.

LOL now I just want to see a movie where Clark Kent turns into the Cowardly Lion.

COULD THAT BE THE TWIST NOLAN WAS HINTING AT???????????????

if this news is true and they're hiring a blonde actress for a mystery character, i love that Nolan and Goyer are shaking up the script and making it not so predictable. Nolan is very good at doing that...

Diane Kruger all the way as either Kal El's Kryptonian mother Lara or as Daily Planet gossip columnist Cat Grant or as Lex Luthors bodyguard Mercy!

Make it happen Snyder....cast Kruger!

Isn't Alice Eve in Captain America? these chocies make me think the role may be Mercy.

Diane Kruger = Lara for sure. I assume she is playing a big role...

Is there a Thread about this (if there is not, we should make one)

CINEMATIKAL article: Cavill may not be in the Superman suit at all, that folks behind the scenes have been testing an all-C.G. Superman that looks sorta like Christopher Reeve.

A CG Superman that Looks diferent from Clark? this sounds like there´s going to be an obvious similarity with Shazam´s Character or something???? :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"