The Mystery Female Lead Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Alice Eve was supposed to be Emma Frost in X-Men First class but dropped it to take a role in either the FF4 reboot or the upcoming Avengers movie.

I think she was supposed to be but dropped out and then the role went to Hayley Atwell.

Ah right, I thought the girl in the Cap pics today didn't look as chestacular as Alice Eve.

A CG Superman that Looks diferent from Clark? this sounds like there´s going to be an obvious similarity with Shazam´s Character or something???? :wow:

as i've stated a billion times...i'm 99% positive that some fool just saw animators working on pre-visuals (3d animated storyboards), assumed that they were working on final concepts and decided to shoot his mouth off without getting confirmation. there's a reason they're using Chris Reeve's likeness....because he's still considered the default Superman in many people's minds and Cavill hadn't been cast yet.

Ah right, I thought the girl in the Cap pics today didn't look as chestacular as Alice Eve.

Oh, I wouldn't say that...
Hayley-Atwell.jpg

LARA is a key blonde female lead in the Superman origins.

I hope it's true. That would mean Krypton and Jor-El plays a huge part in the film.

LARA is a key blonde female lead in the Superman origins.

I hope it's true. That would mean Krypton and Jor-El plays a huge part in the film.

if Lara is in the movie, i seriously doubt she's gonna be a lead character.

I don't see why krypton/jor-el/lara would need to play a big role.

yeah, i dont even like the idea of lara having a huge part. They send him to earth. done! get on with the story. the idea of spending any more than 5-10 minutes on krypton would annoy me

Who cares what the role is, just sign Rosamund Pike up right away. She's a stunning woman and comfortably the best actress of the three.

...or quite that young.

;)
i dunno...if we are to believe the Kryptonians are a race that is technologically superior to us not only would that mean they have ways of defying age but that also means longer life spans. so they could actually be 60 years old but look half that age.

even if they have they age the same way we do and have similar life spans, i'd say 30 is pretty ideal for having your first born...maybe even a bit younger.

i dunno...if we are to believe the Kryptonians are a race that is technologically superior to us not only would that mean they have ways of defying age but that also means longer life spans. so they could actually be 60 years old but look half that age.

even if they have they age the same way we do and have similar life spans, i'd say 30 is pretty ideal for having your first born...maybe even a bit younger.

I think that the age defying part would make more sense. because Jor-el is supposed to be one of the planets brightest and well respected scientists and it would seem like an impossible status to achieve by 30. Then again, maybe being a young scientist is the reason why no one believed his theories of the world coming to an end

I didn't realize this thread existed. I'll just quote what I said in the Lois thread since it's more appropriate here...

Since the What's Playing article made it a point that none of the actresses listed are American, I assume we're not talking about Lana as the main lead if she's in the film at all. Pretty much the same position as Lois as far as we know.

I'm guessing this unknown female character will be someone Clark had some relationship with between Lana back in Smallville and Lois in Metropolis. Which city or cities this happens? We don't know yet. We could be dealing with a Lori Lemaris type of situation.

With this, over the course of the film(s), we can see Clark grow not only simply in the aspects of natural growth as a person or a superhero, but in his relationship with loved ones rather than sticking with only one girl or pining over her all the time.

Of course this could all be wrong and moot. Just simple speculation.

It would be disappointing if this movie doesn't have Lois and Jimmy, but then again, Batman Begins had a disposable love interest and it was still great, and we are finally getting Batman's most iconic love in the third film so it's all good. I just hope that we don't have to wait as long to see Lois...

I just hope the character doesn't suck like Rachel did.

True, although at the same time I hope she's not someone we'll have become too attached to by the time Lois arrives. ;)

Yeah, just need to find the good balance of having us care for her as a character, but not feeling too bad that he doesn't end up with her. I doubt she'll die, so that may help. Just two people maturely agreeing to move on.

i am scared that i will pay an expensive ticket in 2012 but will not get superman in the suit for the firs 45 minutes.

I always take those magazine comments with a grain of salt. They're probably trying out for the part, but not every casting is about a "lead" role. Snyder and Nolan have cast relatively big names for small parts - it is probable that whoever checked that list thought "wow, they are surely trying for the lead role".

The could be Lara for all we know, appearing for 5-10 minutes in the film. Or a younger Martha Kent, or even older Martha Kent with prosthetics (hopefully not...)

Lana Lang? Cat Grant? Mercy? Lori Lemaris?

Well I'm stumped, surely Lois still has to be in this film. It could be that its very Batman Begins and it takes an hour for him to become Superman in the film.

I wonder if the female lead this is will be (if Birthright rumours are true) a reporter friend in Africa, who knows maybe she'll die and thats what makes him decided to become Superman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"