The Namek: Piccolo Discussion Thread

It's risky though. I'm all for risks, but I also believe in using resources already available during production... and if they have proficient CG artists, it would be a waste to not utilize them for an undertaking such as Piccolo.

If you ask the majority of people they'll tell you that Piccolo would be better off being portrayed by a real actor. Make-up will do just fine, CGI doesn't need to be used for every single character. After a while people just go to see a movie for the effects & not the story or characters so for Piccolo I say no CGI unless they're doing something a stuntman can't do.

I never said CGI should be used for every character.

I said it needs to be for Piccolo... he'll play such a pivotal role, that if they mess up with the mechanics of a suit/make-up, we'll have to be sitting there watching a half-assed Piccolo throughout most the movie. That's why I want them to take the CGI route, ex. Davy Jones. That was great CG. It was believable. The actor is still there, portraying his character. It's not like it would cancel out the actor.

No CGI for Piccolo, a regular person will do just fine. For people like Cell & Buu I wouldn't mind CGI but for Piccolo it's not necessary.

Using it for Cell but not Piccolo doesn't make much sense. Except for maybe the transformation scenes.

It makes perfect sense. In fact, both could be pulled off using an actor but I'd prefer that Piccolo is pulled off by an actor while Cell is made using CGI.

Majin Buu would almost have to be CG. Cell and Piccolo I'd prefer in CG.

CGI:

Piccolo? No

Cell? Yes

Majin Buu? Yes

Besides that, I really would prefer if Broly got a movie instead of Majin Buu.

Majin Buu has a lot more story material to warrant a whole live-action movie. It'd be awesome if they found a way to incorporate Brolly somehow.

I think it'd be much better if they made Broly the main villain instead of Majin Buu so that we still get Chibi Goten & Chibi Trunks. All they'd need to do to make Broly a better villain would be to change his backstory a little bit.

Brolly's interesting, but it'd be a regurgitation to have the main threat being a Saiyan arriving on earth (assuming they'd already covered the Saiyan Saga properly with Raditz, Vegeta, Nappa).

Here's an idea:

Replace Nappa with Brolly as a brute side-kick to Vegeta.

Nah, I think they should have them go to another planet like in the first movie where there are a bunch of people as followers of Saiyans. Except this time around we have Chibi Trunks & Chibi Goten tag along instead of Mirai Trunks. I think it could work out very well.

Who would you cast as Broly? My only choices are Tyler Mane & Mark Calaway/The Undertaker.

I need to watch that anime movie again, it's been a really long time... a few months ago I downloaded Broly: Second Coming and thought the annoying Trunk and Goten antics weakened it (the ending was beautiful, with "Goku" appearing to inspire his sons).

If I were a casting director, I'd keep my sights set on pro-wrestlers... huge guys that can act passably... he doesn't have to be a superb actor... just mainly needs to be docile enough to learn dramatic coreographed fights (reason I cite pro-wrestlers as a source).

I thought that seeing Goten & Trunks in action helped the movie because we got to see something new other than the usual Goku fighting & getting his ass handed to him & then eventually winning.

How do you feel about the Undertaker as Broly? I'd say Kane but the guy doesn't have hair anymore & will look ridiculous with a wig.

Undertaker is a good option. Isn't that the guy that can roll his eyes back into his head like no other? He'd be able to do the blank eyes without special effects. ;)

Nah, I think that'd be a little hazardous, having to do those scenes by rolling them back himself. I think that he'd be perfect at being base & Super Saiyan Broly but for Legendary Super Saiyan Broly it'd probably be best to make him a CGI character.

It depends on how far they go in being true to the Super Saiyan stages. I can see them making it rather low-key compared to what we see in the series... and if they go hardcore on it, I'll be very proud.

I think it'd be cool if they changed the LSSJ form a little & made it truly different from the regular Super Saiyan forms.

Hmm. On the subject of forms... they might include the ape creature... maybe go for something like King Kong, except have it standing upright. I hope they introduce it with Piccolo training Gohan before Vegeta arrives. It would be a great transitioning to having Piccolo go from the Dragonball villain to Dragonball Z ally. The audience would see the two bonding in a father-son way, and leave a more emotional impact for when/if Piccolo does sacrifice himself to save Gohan.

I really would like to see Gohan say that Piccolo was like a second father to him. I don't recall him ever saying it in the manga or anime.

Yeah, it would be. If you think about it, Piccolo was almost there for Gohan more than Goku.

I also want to see Piccolo's giant form at the tournament.

I doubt they can get away with a lot of plastic and stuff these days. Kudos to them if they can. I just don't want Piccolo to look like something off of Power Rangers.

I think King Piccolo should look similar to this. :woot:

LorneAngel.jpg

image.jpg

I think that you all can see that with a few cosmetic changes Lorne from Angel could easily be King Piccolo. They made Lorne with a tv budget, so Wong better not disappoint when it comes to big green. :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"