The Namek: Piccolo Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by Avangarde, Jan 3, 2008.

1. craigdbfan Registered

Actually (wow this is going to sound so nerdy) when Gohan, Krillin, and Bulma are on the Namekian Spacecraft headed to Namek. Krillin makes a comment about Gohans clothing (the namekian clothing piccolo gave him). Krillin said something like "Oh it looks like you really respect Piccolo huh Gohan" Gohan then replies by saying "Yeah I respect Piccolo as much as my father." And to point out something else! When Piccolo is dying when he gets in front of Nappas blast he tells Gohan how he was like a Best Friend to him and how Gohan was the only person he ever cared about. :yay:

2. Superwoman Prime Damaged Beyond Repair

Angel is so cheesy. But that makeup job is alright.

3. Dedpool Registered

He never physically says the words, but the feelings were always there. Their teacher/student bond developed into something of a godfather/son kinship. Piccolo took care of Gohan after his father died, just as a godfather or godmother would.

...Although his intentions were to turn him into an acolyte of evil at first. :D

4. Superwoman Prime Damaged Beyond Repair

If they ever do a DBZ trilogy of movies, they really do need to have that dynamic as I stated before... to enrichen the depth of the story and characters.

You're right, Dedpool. The relationship is akin to a godfather and son.

5. craigdbfan Registered

But Gohan (At least in the anime) says that he respects Piccolo as much as he does Goku. And Piccolo does admit that he cares for Gohan as a best friend and pupil (dying moments of the Saiyan Saga).

6. Dedpool Registered

Yeah, I vaguely remember those lines. But he never clearly states that Piccolo was like a second father to him, which he should have, in my opinion. Because it's obvious that's how he felt.

7. craigdbfan Registered

Although Gohan never says " Piccolo was like a second father to me". We at least know he respects him as much as his father. Just saw that episode yesterday when Gohan is having this discussion with Krillin and admits to him that he respects Piccolo as much as Goku.

8. Superwoman Prime Damaged Beyond Repair

Well of course Gohan respects Piccolo profoundly.

9. craigdbfan Registered

I would think that Piccolo is more of a father figure than Goku! ( no offense to Goku.) I mean even during the Cell Games Gohan asks Piccolo to give him traditional Namekian clothing not Gokus traditional gi. When Goku dies after the Cell Saga the only mentor that Gohan really has is his own mother and Piccolo. Goku half the time is off training somewhere or dead in Otherworld.

10. Superwoman Prime Damaged Beyond Repair

Too true. Goku is hardly present in his children's lives. Goten didn't even know his father until he was already well into childhood.

11. Dedpool Registered

Heh, have to agree. Goku is a great guy and he'll be there when you need him, but he couldn't be any worse of a father. He tries, though. :O

12. Rikxiepoo Feces

Sayains never were good fathers...

13. craigdbfan Registered

All of us make good points on Goku's parenting skills. I guess thats what made Goku's character so funny it was the fact Goku never really grew up he was always that same kid that desperately wanted to retrieve the four star Dragon Ball that his Late-Grandfather bestowed upon him. To point out another thing to! Goku was a horrible husband by the way Chi-Chi at a certain point Chi-Chi pretty much just says "To the hell with that man!"

14. Dedpool Registered

Well, after he found out that a bride really wasn't a type of food, I'm sure that had some kind of impact on his relationship with Chi-Chi. He still loves her, of course, but you know how Goku feels about food.

15. craigdbfan Registered

:hehe: Yeah if theres one thing Goku is very dedicated to its FOOD! (and Training to get stronger of course.)

Even though Vegeta was a Saiyan he was all talk really he ended up becoming the very thing he despised. He stayed with his family and took care of them and even warming up to Bulma and Trunks (As much as race proud Vegeta could) and even got along with his extended family (Gokus Family they would always hang out at the Bulmas and Vegetas house If you acknowledge DragonBall GT as canon.)

16. Superwoman Prime Damaged Beyond Repair

I caught Vegeta driving Bra to the super market in one GT episode.

17. craigdbfan Registered

That episode is Hilarious! XD He takes her to go out shopping and then a couple of teenagers pull up to the side of his car and start flirting with Bra and call Vegeta an Old Man! Vegeta of course takes care of this by pulling off their steering wheel off causing them to land in a lake. Good old Vegeta! :hehe:

18. RED-RAIN broken balls

19. Dedpool Registered

20. Superwoman Prime Damaged Beyond Repair

Lmao!

That guy's Vegeta voice impersonation is spot-on!

21. RED-RAIN broken balls

the whole series is awesome...

22. craigdbfan Registered

"Then as soon as you've gained their trust! BAM right in the kisser" - Vegeta

Good find :applaud

23. RED-RAIN broken balls

thanx, but i feel i owe you guys...this has been my resource for info for ages...not just dragonball, but for pretty much everything...

24. craigdbfan Registered

Awwww What a sweet remark :cwink:! j/k Yeah Superherohype is a good source of all that is sci-fi related!

25. RED-RAIN broken balls

the best..