The Namek: Piccolo Discussion Thread

i wnat to know in what direction will they go with piccolo.
they could realese some concept pics.

Actually (wow this is going to sound so nerdy) when Gohan, Krillin, and Bulma are on the Namekian Spacecraft headed to Namek. Krillin makes a comment about Gohans clothing (the namekian clothing piccolo gave him). Krillin said something like "Oh it looks like you really respect Piccolo huh Gohan" Gohan then replies by saying "Yeah I respect Piccolo as much as my father." And to point out something else! When Piccolo is dying when he gets in front of Nappas blast he tells Gohan how he was like a Best Friend to him and how Gohan was the only person he ever cared about. :yay:

I know that but I'm saying that Gohan has directly stated that Piccolo was like a father, just that he respects him a lot. I want their relationship to explored a lot in the movies, that'd be great.

yeah, it would...but an unspoken bond fits the bill just as well, me thinks

I just think it'd be cool to hear one of them say it. It's not a big deal though.

as evil as possible...and i want him to look the part aswell, with really pointy fang like teeth...and crazy eyes..

Agreed, I think that KIng Piccolo needs to be as badass as possible & even needs to kill a few people to truly show how evil he is. Ma Junior shouldn't be too evil though since he eventually becomes a Z Fighter.

Yep, sure would be. And for me, Piccolo is the main attraction & is the main reason why I'm so hyped to see this movie.

definately...he should be done well, given the way make up effects have been looking these last few years..seen pan's labrynth?

No but I've seen picture's in magazines & the make-up effects aren't too bad. Hopefully they've gotten the right people to do make-up for this movie.

the make up is pretty good, but it's they way it moves in the right places which gets me...

Well, from what I've seen so far, it seems like Fox wants to make a good movie but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up just yet.

fox always wants to make "good" movies..it's just that most of the time their definition of what good is differs from the rest of the planet

Piccolo will be green Or will at least be "Alien"/"Creature" in appearance. According to Dragon Ball Movie Blog (http://www.dragonballmovieblog.com/2007/11/alex-tuis-working-on-creatu re-design.html) Alex Tuis will be in charge of (Creature Design) he is well known for creating concept drawing of "Humanoid Creatures" and seeing as Fox decided to take out talking animals "In adapting the Dragon Ball manga, the futuristic cities were kept, but the anthropomorphic talking animals were dropped." (Source Wikipedia and El Universal). Meaning Alex Tuis is probably in charge of designing Piccolos appearance seeing as all other "Fictional creatures" were taken out of the story. To confirm this even more Alex Tuis posted on his myspace this message "I have just achieved some work a live version inspired by a manga. But it is a secret..." (Source: http://www.myspace.com/alextuis). This is definitely good news seeing as many fans wanted to see the same "Green Alien Looking Piccolo". Heres Alex Tuis Website were you can view some of his concept art of Creatures and other artwork he has done in the past. http://a.tuis.free.fr/creatures.html

Yep, sure would be. And for me, Piccolo is the main attraction & is the main reason why I'm so hyped to see this movie.

Interesting antagonists are also usually the main attraction for me too, admittedly. Just like The Joker in TDK.

Interesting antagonists are also usually the main attraction for me too, admittedly. Just like The Joker in TDK.

For this movie, yes I think the antagonist interests me more than the protagonists and that's based purely off of casting. I think Marsters will nail Piccolo.

I hope they dont make him look to scary looking.
More so an Intelligent look to him.

How well they handle Piccolo will probably make or break this movie

Piccolo has always been my favorite character. Right now I'm worried though that Kami-sama will not be included. There has been no mention of him yet and I was wondering how Goku could be trained by him and Roshi in one movie.

I suppose the training doesn't have to happen, I don't want a panel for panel adaptation from the manga like the anime was anyways. Like I posted earlier though I did want to see Piccolo as a demon in this movie and Kami-sama as the Earth god, representing yin and yang.

A greenish Piccolo is probably the most likely design because of the anime and the games. The manga though is black and white and Piccolo is white. He is often referred to as being pale, people asking him if he's feeling sick and Napa refers to him as "your non-colored friend."

Albino monsters appeared in The Decent and I Am Legend and a few of the orcs in Lord of the Rings had that look too. So it's possible he might come out looking something like that.

well, i heard a while back that may be the case...and i wasnt too impressed by it, but given that it would be more faithfull to the original work of toriyama, i am now on the fence about this one...so long as he is badass, i think it will be fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"