The NEW Batman?

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by PhotoJones, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Red Mask Human Killing Machine

Too late.

This has got to be the worst news from DC. Don't they have a Batman movie coming out?

2. DoomJester A side-kick no longer.

You're just being mean now.:cwink:

3. Anubis Sup?

I really don't give a s**t anymore. You know who they should get to be the new Batman? The Mad hatter. That would be AWESOME!

4. Not Jake Registered

everyone here sucks

Bruce Wayne isn't even a great character. You haven't even seen any work done on him in 20 years. He's BATMAN DUN DUN DUNNNN. And Batman wouldn't be dying, just Bruce. Which is what. A rich playboy facade.

Batman is a legacy hero, he's been training replacements for like 70 years now.:o Let him pass on the legacy, I say:o

What is going to be different.

Bruce as Batman's inner monologue: my parents died blah blah.

Dick as Batman's inner monologue: my parents died blah blah.

Tim as Batman's inner monologue: my parents died blah blah.

5. Anubis Sup?

Yeah! That guy who isn't Jake is right. Death to Wayne!

6. SouLeSS Registered

If they took Hatter Maddigan from The Looking Glass Wars, it wouldn't be too far off.

7. David Rice Registered

Guess you haven't read any comics in the past few months. :whatever:

8. Not Jake Registered

actually I read Batman and Detective. Things I know:

Batman is the real identity not Bruce Wayne.

all 3 of those characters have traumatically murdered parents

so I guess what Im saying is that I am oh so right

9. GNR Registered

It's been said that a major death kicks off Final Crisis,so if Grant is at the helm of this particular death,I'll see where it goes.

10. Harlekin Business

Meh, I was never too impressed with him, especially when it came to the big name characters.

11. Damiean Dark Registered

There is only one batman:bruce wayne there is only one superman:clark kent these two characters from DC should never EVER have someone else take over the mantle of them (nightwing,robin,superboy etc) thats DC trouble they dont keep there heroes iconic they foolishly keep bringing in another name to take the mantle of each hero flash,green lantern green arrow etc etc it dilutes the characters iconic status IMO.

12. Cousin Itt Registered

I don't think Bats is going to die, but if he does I'm done with DC as well.

13. November Rain Single Mother

i don't mind bruce dying but i don't want dick to take up the mantle because he is not a batman. he works better leading a team than as an individual or rookie young blood.

however i wouldn't mind a shared batman persona with him and tim

14. Superman_ Registered

I have to agree with this statement here. I mean it would be nice to see the heroes retire much like their Earth-2 counter parts and let the new gen. of heroes take over. How ever I will only accept the retirement of Superman if they bring Conner back and let him take over.

15. SouLeSS Registered

Well, Tim from Teen Titans as Batman (Titans Tomorrow) did say that a lot of people that shouldn't have died did, so he carried around a gun.

If anything, between that and Damien, one of them is going to take up the helm. Also, is the res. of Ras al Ghul going to be over by the time his 'death' is supposed to occur? The Ras cross is only a few months our time right, so it probably won't be from that, but who knows.

I for one, honestly, am excited for this. Since I read Knightfall and that whole Azbat era, I've always been fascinated with how everyone would react if Bruce actually did die. Do you think they would make it public for the heroes? Or do you think that the batfamily and the heroes closest to him would have a private memorial for him and once the helm is taken again they would keep it a secrect?

Other than the future Batmans, most of the signs are pointing towards Todd becomming the Bat if this all goes down. He's being featured more and more, and turning more and more into a 'good guy' but with that little 'Batman twist' on everything. If he survives Countdown/FC, he wouldn't have much of a place to go (he limboed in NYC as Nightwing then disappeared for a while after the octo-todd incident, and came back during this crisis to try and help (save Duela, after stopping her from kidnapping the chick she did. Who remembers that? hah)

Lots of specualtion is in the air, and I know I'll be looking for all kinds of little hints and signs. Maybe Gog is going to come and kill Batman in front of all the heroes (ala Joker and Magog Kingdom Come) because he hadn't ever completely stopped them from doing anything and he was the 'most expendable' because "afterall, he's just a human".

Mmmmmmm this whole thing's got me more riled up than Sinestro Corps War.

16. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

how could that even work, I mean, it doesn't make since with future timeline storys like DKR, or Batman Beyond
    are they just going to ignore them

17. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

This January......

Alfred is......

BATMAN!

18. GoldenAgeHero Registered

the batman title becoming more like DKR would be awesome,except no female robin. seeing the characters age and still hanging on to thier mantle while everyone has left is progression in my eyes.

19. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Of course it is. Because it's the exact opposite.

20. GoldenAgeHero Registered

compared to todays comics no its not. its alot more intersting then killing off the chracter and replacing him.

21. BrianWilly Disciple of Whedon

Welcome back to 2005!

22. David Rice Registered

Do you read current issues? Bruce Wayne's outlook has totally changed. He's balanced his life between the two.

Only Tim's dad was murdered and it happened just a few years ago.

23. Superman_ Registered

Well seeing that they are elseworld tells much like Kingdom Come and Superman: Red Sun I would say yes.

24. shapeshifter Registered

maybe bruce wayne's public persona will die and he will just be batman full time

25. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Do you read the comics? Tim's mother died as a result of being poisoned by a supervillain, a.k.a. murdered.